Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics 4L Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier $48.74 ($44.83 after 8% ebates)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 12:50 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1029 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
ShamA326 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 7:45 am
Been looking at humidifiers for a while. This model is bottom fill, that’s my big worry. Anyone have any experience with this?
I have another model of Taotronics humidifier, a bigger one. Leaking is always a worry with any humidifiers, what I do is just get a plastic container from Ikea, and put the humidifier inside.
So if it leaks badly, even on a full tank, it'll just all go to the container.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2192 posts
1251 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
OP thank you and thanked. Very timely as my skin was drying out and nose was getting blocked at night. It also helps if you have hardwood or creaky floors under carpets. Overall a humidifier also makes your space appear warmer.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Mar 13, 2017
285 posts
264 upvotes
ShamA326 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 7:45 am
Been looking at humidifiers for a while. This model is bottom fill, that’s my big worry. Anyone have any experience with this?
My gf has one - filled the container a few times and as long as you make sure the cap is screwed in properly there's no reason for leak.
But be aware the there is water that sits in the bottom half of the unit. So make sure you place the humidifier on a stable surface so it doesn't fall over.
This unit works quite well and is easy to use.
Aug 20, 2011
458 posts
228 upvotes
Pallet Town
Thanks OP, and for everyone else chiming in about the product.
good timing too!
Oct 16, 2011
289 posts
220 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP, was looking for one. Good price.
May 10, 2013
691 posts
194 upvotes
That's my problem right now. Our furnace is having hard time running and showing multiple error because of this "white dust" my suspect. I'm using cool mist humidifier almost 10 hours a every night which could potentially the reason why.

Since December 2018 to Jan 2019 i had to replace my furnace filter 3 times now. Now, bought a new Warm Mist lets see if it will make difference.
Rooster wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 7:55 am
Just an FYI.

Be careful if you have allergy, asthma or sinus condition. It does produce quite a bit of "white dust". I have one in my office which I run all the time. My entire office is full of these "white dust".

It is nothing to concern about if you don't have the above problems.

https://www.hvac.com/faq/white-dust-concerned/
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2235 posts
321 upvotes
Rsnav09 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:53 am
That's my problem right now. Our furnace is having hard time running and showing multiple error because of this "white dust" my suspect. I'm using cool mist humidifier almost 10 hours a every night which could potentially the reason why.

Since December 2018 to Jan 2019 i had to replace my furnace filter 3 times now. Now, bought a new Warm Mist lets see if it will make difference.
Use distilled water or get Calc Descaler.
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2187 posts
1381 upvotes
Toronto
Bought the smaller basic model from taotronics during a lightning deal. Been using it for 3 weeks now, no white dust as I use filtered water and registered the product got 2.5 years warranty
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2004
1705 posts
21 upvotes
Are there any cheap alternative to replacement filters on this? Or do you actually really need to replace the filter on these things?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1235 posts
715 upvotes
Waterloo
Rooster wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 7:55 am
Just an FYI.

Be careful if you have allergy, asthma or sinus condition. It does produce quite a bit of "white dust". I have one in my office which I run all the time. My entire office is full of these "white dust".

It is nothing to concern about if you don't have the above problems.

https://www.hvac.com/faq/white-dust-concerned/
if i have a water softener, do i still get white dust? the white dust i assume is from the minerals from the water right?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4824 posts
5510 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:24 am
I have another model of Taotronics humidifier, a bigger one. Leaking is always a worry with any humidifiers, what I do is just get a plastic container from Ikea, and put the humidifier inside.
So if it leaks badly, even on a full tank, it'll just all go to the container.
Would that cause a short circuit if the electronics parts are submerged in water?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8672 posts
9332 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:25 am
if i have a water softener, do i still get white dust? the white dust i assume is from the minerals from the water right?
Yes white dust is the result of naturally occurring minerals in the water used. If you use softener or distilled water, you should be fine
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1029 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
BB88 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:29 am
Would that cause a short circuit if the electronics parts are submerged in water?
Well if it does happen, you'd unplug the unit first before handling the mess.
I could see that "might" probably trigger the breaker to break (I'm not an electrician)?
If you want to take another step further, then plug this in a GFCI plug, then the slightly short would trigger it to shut off.
A quick google, I could see they do sell GFCI extension bars too, so that could help too.