Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TaoTronics 4L Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier $48.74 ($44.83 after 8% ebates)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 12:50 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
The VAVA VA-AH012 Cool Mist Humidifier is a much better one ... $54.99 ... Hogs less space and better looking. Extremely quiet.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2767 posts
425 upvotes
Minerals in your water being dispersed in aerosol form?
Daf wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 5:50 pm
Anyone know why when using a brand new humidifer my Dyson air purifer says the air goes from great to poor?
Feb 17, 2012
72 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone recommend water filter to be used with this humidifier? Making distilled water is the base scenario but causing too much effort
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
mangoman wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 6:07 pm
Definitely looks sexier and has a remote but has less capacity and only runs max 8 hrs.
Realistically you don't need it to be running a marathon. If you need to, then you should be looking at installing one to the furnace.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Mar 5, 2008
18 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks OP, I bought one last year and really like it. Very easily to load water and to operate. Just ordered another one to take advantage of the 8% ebate cashback!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2767 posts
425 upvotes
Yes and no - some folks just want one room to be less dry and don't want to refill as often (the OP's is touted to be able to run much longer).
mangoman wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 6:07 pm
Definitely looks sexier and has a remote but has less capacity and only runs max 8 hrs.
Mar 12, 2017
863 posts
2040 upvotes
I had a cool mist humidifier once and noticed red/pink mould building up in crevices and walls where it releases the mist and was too narrow to reach to clean well. I tossed it and went for the cheap sunbeam humidifiers that use a replaceable wick filter. It's more expensive in the long run replacing the filters but I don't have any more mould issues which is top priority since it's used in our baby's room.

Just a heads up to be mindful of with cool mist humidifiers based on my experience.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3868 posts
761 upvotes
nanyte wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:40 am
Dry air causes nose bleeds.
Yes, that's pretty much common knowledge. I was using another humidifier (non-misty), and they still had nosebleeds. Whether it helped or not, I'd never know. Something needed replacement on that humidifier, so I wanted to try something else.
signature closed for renovation
Nov 26, 2015
801 posts
538 upvotes
Ontario
I like this humidifier, BUT the misty air stinks after less than 1 week use. I cleaned it out and smell went away for about 2 days. Cleaned again with vinegar and smell gone for a few days. The white powder on furniture isn't too bad if you keep humidity at about 40. At 60 lots of dust and tank would need filling everyday. I use the filter water from my fridge.

So heads up lots of work. I bought this at $75 about a few weeks back.
Nov 5, 2015
149 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Great price OP, had one of these units from a few years ago that just died on me (electronic control panel), in for a replacement, thanks!
May 30, 2017
301 posts
111 upvotes
Etabol wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:03 pm
I like this humidifier, BUT the misty air stinks after less than 1 week use. I cleaned it out and smell went away for about 2 days. Cleaned again with vinegar and smell gone for a few days. The white powder on furniture isn't too bad if you keep humidity at about 40. At 60 lots of dust and tank would need filling everyday. I use the filter water from my fridge.

So heads up lots of work. I bought this at $75 about a few weeks back.
Sounds like a chore. I'll give it a shot though
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3868 posts
761 upvotes
Etabol wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:03 pm
I like this humidifier, BUT the misty air stinks after less than 1 week use.
You should stop using water from the toilet. I use Evian water and the room smells very nice.
signature closed for renovation
Jan 1, 2019
1 posts
4 upvotes
I reached out to Taotronics Support about white dust concerns, and how to avoid gunk/slime build up. Got this reply:

"For you mentioned slime and white dust issue, we infer it is due to poor water quality,that means the tap water in your area is not suitable for ultrasonic humidifiers.We recommend turn to filtered water or distilled water to avoid further problem.

Also, every one week, need to clean the unit.

Instructions for Scale Removal
1. Fill the water tank with 2L warm water and add 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar. Shake the tank thoroughly, let it sit on base for 20 minutes. Vinegar solution will drain into base and loosen mineral buildup.

2. Empty tank and rinse with plain water.

3. Scrub the base with a small brush, wipe with a soft cloth. Make sure to clean the transducer, as mineral buildup can cause the humidifier to malfunction.

4. Empty base & rinse with plain water.

Please note: Never immerse the base in water. Also make sure to pour water away from the fan outlet when emptying."

It's a 4L tank so i won't be using distilled water but i'm hoping the once a week clean (as above) will avoid any issues.
Nov 7, 2014
627 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Processor wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:37 am
For those looking for a cheaper alternative and larger capacity there is this one from living basics:

https://www.living.ca/p-366151-cool-mis ... vingbasics

Works fine for me. Had it in November on sale for $27. It is also similar to this TaoTronics:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FLTFS6Y/ref ... qCbKKQ5T4C

But less than half the price.
It looks EXACTLY the same as the taotronics. Thanks for this. I will wait for free shipping and then bite!