Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Taotronics Battery Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight, 3-Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2015 7:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Taotronics Battery Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight, 3-Pack

On sale for $19.99.

Day light sensitive, only works at night or in low light conditions
Motion sensor will automatically turn on for 30 seconds
Battery powered, energy saving LED light
Up to 7200 uses with just 4xAA batteries (not included)
Easy installation
32 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP. Was looking for something like this for some under-counter storage cabinets in the corner where it's always too dark to see. Good reviews on Amazon.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
rvs007 wrote: Thanks OP. Was looking for something like this for some under-counter storage cabinets in the corner where it's always too dark to see. Good reviews on Amazon.
Careful about some of those reviews. A few reviewers ONLy review Taotronics products and rave about them. Those particular reviews look like they've been planted there by good friends of Taotronics.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'll report back once I have it and tested it in my kitchen cabinet.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough
yup, the exact same people reviewed that Taotronics LED lamp which was heavily advertised by spammers. Exercise caution with any "taotronics" items and seller " Sunvalleytek Canada". Buyers beware~

hootoo, ravpower as well, all under the same umbella
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Aug 2, 2009
297 posts
160 upvotes
BC
All reviews posted between Jan 13 - Jan 24, they look fake...
Jul 13, 2008
26637 posts
18502 upvotes
GTA
Hover41 wrote: Careful about some of those reviews. A few reviewers ONLy review Taotronics products and rave about them. Those particular reviews look like they've been planted there by good friends of Taotronics.
CanKon wrote: Sadly they all look to be fake reviews. None of them have a 'verified purchase' on them...
eladmk wrote: yup, the exact same people reviewed that Taotronics LED lamp which was heavily advertised by spammers. Exercise caution with any "taotronics" items and seller " Sunvalleytek Canada". Buyers beware~

adsl17910 wrote: All reviews posted between Jan 13 - Jan 24, they look fake...
One of those reviews are mine. I can verify they were sent as review units, so that's why they are not verified purchases. They contacted me because I bought their LED lamp. And no, I don't work for Taotronics or Sunvalleytek Canada.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If these turn out to be not as described, you can always return it for full refund (Amazon will pay for return shipping).
Nov 1, 2012
147 posts
446 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
eladmk wrote: yup, the exact same people reviewed that Taotronics LED lamp which was heavily advertised by spammers. Exercise caution with any "taotronics" items and seller " Sunvalleytek Canada". Buyers beware~

I purchased the LED lamp from that seller (TaoTronics® Elune TT-DL02 Dimmable LED Desk Lamp) and it's awesome. I don't know about those nightlights but I don't think anyone have to worry about the seller. I got my item, excellent condition and I enjoy it (well, my girlfriend does... lol)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3694 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Ordered a couple of sets to split with a coworker.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7392 posts
2943 upvotes
Calgary
I've never heard of Taotronics until three days ago and suddenly quite a few of their gadgets pop up in our hot deals forum. Interesting!
Feb 13, 2006
718 posts
715 upvotes

I can confirm with absolute certainty that this company buys a portion of their reviews. You'd be surprised at how much a few positive reviews will change the impressions of later reviewers. It's one of the multitude of reasons I would never buy from this company and try my best to dissuade others from doing so. They do the same on Amazon in the USA, where it is most certainly illegal to astroturf in the manner they do (I'm not sure if it is specifically illegal in Canada, but they are a US company anyway).
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3083 posts
1086 upvotes
Toronto
noodlehed wrote: I can confirm with absolute certainty that this company buys a portion of their reviews. You'd be surprised at how much a few positive reviews will change the impressions of later reviewers. It's one of the multitude of reasons I would never buy from this company and try my best to dissuade others from doing so. They do the same on Amazon in the USA, where it is most certainly illegal to astroturf in the manner they do (I'm not sure if it is specifically illegal in Canada, but they are a US company anyway).
I actually bought the lamp earlier, which works fine - but knowing that they're doing this type of false reviewing, I'm not buying anymore of their products.