Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TCL 55P607 55" 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 12:28 am
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18981 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
Kerrona wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 11:36 am
I picked up the P605 (same as P607 minus headphone jack on the remote) from Best Buy for $599 USD + MI tax (~$40 USD) + Tax/Duty (~$120 CAD) driving it across the boarder.
And? How do you like it? Tell us everything...
dakota2001 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2012 11:24 pm
Women don't wake up, scratch their balls, throw on a baseball cap and venture into the world as is.
Sep 10, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
I'm a noob with HDR and haven't tested this yet... When watching TV/Movies I love the blacks. and you can see the dimming in action which is pretty cool.

I have yet to play any 4K content but from what I have used it for so far I am very happy with my purchase.
Dec 8, 2012
416 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
I received my TCL TV from Target USA, now they ship to Canada. There're several thing you need to pay attention to:
1. Sometimes, you can add a TV from the search page, when you have a lot of models on a screen but if you open that particular one's page you get "in store only". That happened to me and they shipped a TV.
2. Setup an account with BorderFree, login when checkout with target, you get 50% off on a borderfree's services ($40 off in my case).
3. For Canadians they have an offer right now, so you can get extra $20 off shipping cost.

Warranty is a pain, so it's on your own risk
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18981 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
Dennisrfd wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 3:53 pm
I received my TCL TV from Target USA, now they ship to Canada. There're several thing you need to pay attention to:
1. Sometimes, you can add a TV from the search page, when you have a lot of models on a screen but if you open that particular one's page you get "in store only". That happened to me and they shipped a TV.
2. Setup an account with BorderFree, login when checkout with target, you get 50% off on a borderfree's services ($40 off in my case).
3. For Canadians they have an offer right now, so you can get extra $20 off shipping cost.

Warranty is a pain, so it's on your own risk
What is borderfree?
dakota2001 wrote:
Women don't wake up, scratch their balls, throw on a baseball cap and venture into the world as is.
Dec 8, 2012
416 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
najibs wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 10:40 am
What is borderfree?
shipping service that Target uses for international delivery
Aug 13, 2017
60 posts
12 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Sorry to necro but I *just* got my P607 from Amazon.com. Living in Vancouver has it's perks since it's so close to the border. I shipped it free to a parcel pickup service that is literally steps from the border crossing. Took it home and watched some 4K HDR content via netflix. The difference between this and my Haier (which I returned) is day and night. The brights are brighter, the darks are darker. The Roku TV application is great to use, never laggy like those LG and Samsung TVs. Tons of offerings for streaming . Gonna use the Amazon Prime Video workaround tomorrow to check out some Grand Tour in HDR. paid $649 + $50 WA tax, and $92 CAD at the border when coming back. Total after conversion is just under $1000 CAD. Totally worth it. This TV blows many TVs priced higher than it out of the water. Highly recommended. i did run into some problems where it wouldn't play some files of my DLNA server but I'll try and fix that tomorrow.
1. Find a deal
2. Price Match at a competitor
3. Buy gift cards at a discount for said competitor

The "RFD Natural Hat Trick"
Nov 16, 2017
1 posts
syn3rgetic2 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 3:37 am
Total after conversion is just under $1000 CAD.
At that point isn't it better to just skip the hassle and get a 55" M Series Vizio which is $950CAD? That Vizio is by most accounts a better TV anyway, I believe.
Aug 13, 2017
60 posts
12 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Local dimming and Roku TV were big points of contention for me. Lower input lag and less colour banding, advanced remote, all metal construction
1. Find a deal
2. Price Match at a competitor
3. Buy gift cards at a discount for said competitor

The "RFD Natural Hat Trick"
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18981 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
syn3rgetic2 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 3:37 am
Sorry to necro but I *just* got my P607 from Amazon.com. Living in Vancouver has it's perks since it's so close to the border. I shipped it free to a parcel pickup service that is literally steps from the border crossing. Took it home and watched some 4K HDR content via netflix. The difference between this and my Haier (which I returned) is day and night. The brights are brighter, the darks are darker. The Roku TV application is great to use, never laggy like those LG and Samsung TVs. Tons of offerings for streaming . Gonna use the Amazon Prime Video workaround tomorrow to check out some Grand Tour in HDR. paid $649 + $50 WA tax, and $92 CAD at the border when coming back. Total after conversion is just under $1000 CAD. Totally worth it. This TV blows many TVs priced higher than it out of the water. Highly recommended. i did run into some problems where it wouldn't play some files of my DLNA server but I'll try and fix that tomorrow.
What's the prime video workaround? I can't get Amazon Video to install on my TCL.
dakota2001 wrote: