Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Tide PODS Laundry Detergent, Original, 72 Count

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 8:27 pm
Aug 13, 2014
210 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Tide PODS Laundry Detergent, Original, 72 Count

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/tide-pods- ... 0191920881 $17.84 at Walmart as well.

Add the coupon and it's cheaper on Amazon atm at $15.84.

Add a 15% Subscribe and Save discount and you pay $15.13 tax-in.
29 replies
Jul 3, 2014
62 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Good deal. 81 count also on special at Crappy tire this week, for 17.70. The extra 9 pods make the deals about equivalent.
Banned
Oct 11, 2016
1 posts
if it's a good price on the parallels? Compare to 72 Count, this is cheaper than in store.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Remember to keep these things stored away if you have kids or pets. Kids especially see these things and think candy.

I wish Tide would be like others and make them look less colorful and fun.

Has anyone else had a negative experience like the one Amazon user who said the pod melted into their clothes? I've only used dishwasher pods, not clothes pods before.

I could see these being handy for my washer in the garage for my hockey gear/nasty soiled work stuff.

Anyone know if these will freeze and be ruined?
Jan 15, 2014
26 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
uklamen wrote: Remember to keep these things stored away if you have kids or pets. Kids especially see these things and think candy.

I wish Tide would be like others and make them look less colorful and fun.

Has anyone else had a negative experience like the one Amazon user who said the pod melted into their clothes? I've only used dishwasher pods, not clothes pods before.

I could see these being handy for my washer in the garage for my hockey gear/nasty soiled work stuff.

Anyone know if these will freeze and be ruined?
Yes, about 3% of the Pods I used melted and remained on a piece a clothing. And in the dryer, heat that mix and gives you a nice weird look... Got to handwash heavily the shirt to get it removed!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
I've used pods for about a year, and have since went back to liquid.
about 10% of the time, they either don't melt entirely and get stuck to your clothes, or get stuck in the front of the washer and its the same end result. Redoing the wash.

After some investigation, I started putting them into the liquid compartment in the top of the washer.
Once again, maybe 10% of the time they do not completely dissolve, but atleast this way there is no ressidue on the clothes.

I have kids, and we do a lot of laundry.

I bought PERSIL from walmart and costco, and it is great. Just like Consumer reports said it would be.
Aug 15, 2012
73 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Dont forget ebates has 3x cash back this week!
Dec 28, 2011
45 posts
17 upvotes
MONTREAL
In order to get free shipping you have to spend more than 35 so will be 3 packs but coupon applies only to one.
Dec 20, 2006
633 posts
96 upvotes
I have used these for a couple years myself and have never ended up with pod material on my clothing. I always put them in the bottom of the drum, then the clothes on top. Do not put them in the detergent drawer as they won't completely dissolve.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been using pods exclusively for the past two years and never had an issue. I felt when I was usually the liquid bottles, I wasn't portioning, so I ended up using more than expected.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Astharoh wrote: Yes, about 3% of the Pods I used melted and remained on a piece a clothing. And in the dryer, heat that mix and gives you a nice weird look... Got to handwash heavily the shirt to get it removed!
Just don't use it as hair gel...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
Love the pods, just drop them in on top of the wash and have never had one fail to dissolve. I have an old top load with agitator, I wonder if the failures are more with front loaders than tops or is it equal? Just never had it happen personally.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
startrekkermd wrote: Good deal. 81 count also on special at Crappy tire this week, for 17.70. The extra 9 pods make the deals about equivalent.
There is a $2 printable coupon for pods at smartsource.ca which would take your price down to $15.70.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
snow00774 wrote: Love the pods, just drop them in on top of the wash and have never had one fail to dissolve. I have an old top load with agitator, I wonder if the failures are more with front loaders than tops or is it equal? Just never had it happen personally.
Probably an issue with newer HE washers that use pint-sized water for wash cycles.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
mardel2207 wrote: In order to get free shipping you have to spend more than 35 so will be 3 packs but coupon applies only to one.
I keep seeing $25 but that's for same day shipping
Aug 13, 2014
210 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am having a hard time understanding why out of all my recent posts this is the only one receiving more upvotes than down.

More importantly, why am I being downvoted on all the others?
Dec 1, 2013
167 posts
382 upvotes
BabaBocher wrote: I am having a hard time understanding why out of all my recent posts this is the only one receiving more upvotes than down.

More importantly, why am I being downvoted on all the others?
My guess is that some users (not me) were annoyed that you posted multiple threads for coupon subscribe and save amazon discounts when you could have most likely made a thread for all of these.
Aug 13, 2014
210 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nuttun wrote: My guess is that some users (not me) were annoyed that you posted multiple threads for coupon subscribe and save amazon discounts when you could have most likely made a thread for all of these.
That makes sense. Lesson learned for next time I guess. Truthfully though, if that is the case, I would prefer someone to create a seperate thread for each (since it doesn't hurt anyone). That way I would only click the items I want and not have to miss a good deal because I have to read through a list of items.

People are strange.....