Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

[Amazon Canada] Tiger JBV-S18U, 4 in 1 Rice Cooker, 10 Cups, white $147.97

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01L9S ... EEQB&psc=1

Tiger JBV-S18U Microcomputer Controlled 4 in 1 Rice Cooker
The Tiger JBV-S multi-functional rice cooker allows you to prepare two dishes simultaneously with the exclusive tacook synchronized cooking function. With minimal preparation and the press of a button, Tiger’s Automatic Cooking Logic system actively monitors cooking temperatures to create the perfect meal. Unlike other rice cookers, Tiger’s cooking plate is specially designed so the flavors from the cooking plate do not affect the flavor or texture of the rice. Other convenient features include a slow cooker function for stews and soups as well as a porridge function for risottos or rice porridge. Two preset cooking timers allow the user to program cooking times.

Keep in mind JBV-S series are made in Japan not China.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. This will be perfect replacement for my mom's old rice cooker.

For those that may wonder, this is a Made in Japan model. It's also on sale at Best Buy for one cent more (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ti ... 89744.aspx) if you prefer access to a physical store, should you need to return for whatever reason. Don't know if the EBates is the same cashback rate for rice cookers for both sites.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
zzzz24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 1:06 pm
https://www.amazon.ca/Tiger-Corporation ... SGQ8Y2NT90

I have this one and I believe I got it for even cheaper from Walmart
Yea... it's cheaper but they are NOT the same. Yours is made in china and doesnt have the same functions, display, etc. It's a cheaper alternative for those who want to save 20 odd dollars (at 10 cup size) with basic functions.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2323 posts
900 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 2:45 pm
Yea... it's cheaper but they are NOT the same. Yours is made in china and doesnt have the same functions, display, etc. It's a cheaper alternative for those who want to save 20 odd dollars (at 10 cup size) with basic functions.
Umm it basically is the EXACT same thing actually. It just doesn't have the display, it has ALL of the same functions. The display, which in reality is not really necessary when you are cooking rice, as you can look in the manual for how long each function will take and you will become accustomed to that pretty easily.
Yes, it's not made in Japan, whoopy doo. Had it for years now and its performed just fine.
Last edited by zzzz24 on Dec 28th, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 13, 2004
336 posts
25 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:09 pm
Umm it basically is the EXACT same thing actually. It just doesn't have the display, which in reality is not really necessary when you are cooking rice, as you can look in the manual for how long each function will take and you will become accustomed to that pretty easily.
Yes, it's not made in Japan, whoopy doo. Had it for years now and its performed just fine.
lmao... trying to argue with someone by proving their point.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Fishing wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:21 pm
lmao... trying to argue with someone by proving their point.
LOLz.. Boom!! Judgement for the defendant. Counter suit granted. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2323 posts
900 upvotes
I can read, I knew it had no display and wasn't made in Japan before posting, no "point" has been proven.

It does the exact same thing. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Face With Tears Of Joy

Love it when people get triggered about their trash "deals"
Jul 13, 2004
336 posts
25 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:26 pm
I can read, I knew it had no display and wasn't made in Japan before posting, no "point" has been proven.

It does the exact same thing. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Face With Tears Of Joy

Love it when people get triggered about their trash "deals"
You can read, but can you comprehend? Dude said "not the same", and you come in and say "basically is the EXACT same". Not the same means there are differences however small they are. Whether they're worth the extra money is up to the buyer.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2323 posts
900 upvotes
Fishing wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:37 pm
You can read, but can you comprehend? Dude said "not the same", and you come in and say "basically is the EXACT same". Not the same means there are differences however small they are. Whether they're worth the extra money is up to the buyer.
Can you read and comprehend? I said "basically" and then listed the differences. Thanks for trying though!

Yes, it is up them, all I did was provide an alternative that provides the same cooking functions, without a digital display.
Jul 13, 2004
336 posts
25 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:39 pm
Can you read and comprehend? I said "basically" and then listed the differences. Thanks for trying though!

Yes, it is up them, all I did was provide an alternative that provides the same cooking functions, without a digital display.
You wouldn't happen to be the "how many days in a week" guy from Bodybuilding.com would you?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Fishing wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:37 pm
Lolz... BOOM!! 2.0. I'm liking this judge. *welp*
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2323 posts
900 upvotes
Fishing wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:44 pm
You wouldn't happen to be the "how many days in a week" guy from Bodybuilding.com would you?
No, never been on that website.
You and the OP can keep liking each others posts though. :facepalm:

Logic is clearly strong in this thread Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11506 posts
1510 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
zzzz24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 3:48 pm
No, never been on that website.
You and the OP can keep liking each others posts though. :facepalm:

Logic is clearly strong in this thread Face With Tears Of Joy
Jealousy is a helluva drug. *welp* Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2323 posts
900 upvotes
What another insightful comeback *welp* :facepalm: