Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] TOMOKO Mechanical Gaming Keyboards 87 Keys Blue Switches $45.29

[OP]
May 16, 2010
30 posts
26 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] TOMOKO Mechanical Gaming Keyboards 87 Keys Blue Switches $45.29

This is probably one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards in Canada. Based on the 3rd screenshot, it's using outemu blue switch. They are a chinese clone of Cherry and popular choice for sub 50 mechanical keyboards. They are pretty decent quality but require 5g extra pressure to be pressed compared to Cherry's. (55g vs 60g)

I couldn't find a review for this particular model but I found this review, which is for non-led version.

31 replies
Banned
Apr 16, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
I am searching on amaozn. i see Teamwolf 87 Key Gaming Mechanical Keyboard has $42 or less price. Why i will choose TOMOKO ?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2813 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
toalan wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:24 am
Weak sauce, I present to you the finest mechanical keyboard that slave labor can produce; https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N6A3MZT?psc=1
60g +/- 15g
that's some large error margins.

Nice that it has multicolor LEDs though. My $80 DasKeyboard Cherry Blue doesn't even have a backlight....
Aug 2, 2016
167 posts
142 upvotes
I have the Tomoko 87-key black non-backlit version and just want to post some info for those considering buying
Overall I would recommend it, but perhaps with a few modifications (see below)

-Cost: it varies between on average, $39-49
-Quality: pretty solid base with some "weight" but the keys seem "thinner"
-Switches: loud as you'd expect for Blue keys. I went and bought some $1 USD silicone rings from Aliexpress/ Ebay and it helped dampen the "bottoming out" but not the actual sound of the blue switch
-Lettering: with the non-backlit version, you'll read several reviews from Amazon that the lettering will fade. I've used the keyboard 5+hrs per day for about 3 months and can confirm that is true. The Amazon description says "laser engraved" but looks more like printed onto the keycaps. I wish I got a backlit version instead, so even with fading, the light will illuminate the letters
Jun 28, 2007
257 posts
92 upvotes
I got the Mechanical Eagle z-77 for $30 and LOVE it, I assume the keys are somewhat the same
Feb 4, 2007
184 posts
51 upvotes
Has anyone seen these keyboards without blue switches? I'd want any switch but blue.. . :|
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1492 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
Mysticode wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:09 pm
Has anyone seen these keyboards without blue switches? I'd want any switch but blue.. . :|
Word. "these" being Tomoko? Or in general?
Feb 4, 2007
184 posts
51 upvotes
enko wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:01 pm
Word. "these" being Tomoko? Or in general?
The whole sub $50 crowd of random Chinese mech keyboards.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17236 posts
3594 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Mysticode wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:20 pm
The whole sub $50 crowd of random Chinese mech keyboards.
Don't you know, everybody wants "blue" switches and everybody wants their keyboards to be permanently ready for the pride parade. I have handled this brand of keyboards before and they are generally well made for the price, but I don't understand why they are so insistent on the rainbows still...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2059 posts
324 upvotes
Da boot
Man, if they'd just put an ergonomic bend in these, these wrist breakers are terrible.
Aug 15, 2007
195 posts
40 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm very tempting to try these cheaper variants ...

I've been using Cherry MX Browns and I really like the feeling, compared to Red & Blue, I'm hoping they will have something similar to Brown so I can use for work :)