• Jan 18th, 2020 2:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7428 posts
7016 upvotes
Way Out of GTA

[Amazon.ca] Tough Built Knee Pads $4.99 and up

Original thread from last week appears to be deleted. Likely due to stupid “joke” comments. If not, consider this a bump to the deal.

Variety of Tough Built Kneepads are still in stock. There’s a few that’s just the shell that snaps in so watch for that. These are probably sufficient for a DIY type that needs them on occasion.

Fat lady has sung.... all OOS now...

$4.99
(OOS)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E5B ... UTF8&psc=1

(Edit: OOS) https://www.amazon.ca/ToughBuilt-GelFit ... th=1&psc=1

(OOS)
https://www.amazon.ca/ToughBuilt-GelFit ... bp_dp&th=1

$7.99
(OOS)

$9.99 (Now OOS)
Images
  • 607F4E3C-2CA9-4D3F-8D93-452C39661B39.jpeg
Last edited by cartfan123 on Jan 17th, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1109 posts
1061 upvotes
GTA
My order has arrived. Look like is well built and should be more than enough than what I will be using them for. I ordered waterproof pads. Will be returning the Husky one bought at Home Depot.
RFD Score:
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
4GB LTE data monthly plan $10 - Fido;
Iphone 6s outright $22 - Koodo.
Jan 13, 2017
573 posts
198 upvotes
Just curious, can I use this as kneepads for skating or doing winter sport activities? or even skateboarding?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1073 posts
363 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Dragonrana2 wrote: Just curious, can I use this as kneepads for skating or doing winter sport activities? or even skateboarding?
You could, I would suggest if you go that route to make sure the pad has enough plastic in it in case you do fall especially skateboarding and that it does not twist around. Last thing you want it doing is twisting on you. Pavement vs skin, I have yet to win that battle.
Jan 13, 2017
573 posts
198 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: You could, I would suggest if you go that route to make sure the pad has enough plastic in it in case you do fall especially skateboarding and that it does not twist around. Last thing you want it doing is twisting on you. Pavement vs skin, I have yet to win that battle.
Thanks for the response. Then will probably use it for ice skating instead. Just need it to protect my knees in case I fall on the ice. Beginner skater with my helmet...lol
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1073 posts
363 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Dragonrana2 wrote: Thanks for the response. Then will probably use it for ice skating instead. Just need it to protect my knees in case I fall on the ice. Beginner skater with my helmet...lol
Yeah, I assume you will have snow pants on, so they should not move. Also, I do recommend elbow pads as well.

Good luck, once you master it, skating is really fun. Will you be playing hockey?
Jan 13, 2017
573 posts
198 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: Yeah, I assume you will have snow pants on, so they should not move. Also, I do recommend elbow pads as well.

Good luck, once you master it, skating is really fun. Will you be playing hockey?
Yes, will have snowpants on. I just hope they fit around them. I have my elbow pads, but needed knee pads. I've played street hockey before, just not ice hockey. Will be learning to play ice hockey eventually. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1073 posts
363 upvotes
Kanata, ON
One trick, well worked for me, was to use my hockey stick to help balance when I was learning how to skate. At first maybe weird trying to multi task, holding yourself up and then holding a stick, but I found I fell less as I would lean more on the stick.

Just a thought!

They should fit. Glad to hear about the elbow pads, they are super important. Enjoy it!!!
Jan 13, 2017
573 posts
198 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: One trick, well worked for me, was to use my hockey stick to help balance when I was learning how to skate. At first maybe weird trying to multi task, holding yourself up and then holding a stick, but I found I fell less as I would lean more on the stick.

Just a thought!

They should fit. Glad to hear about the elbow pads, they are super important. Enjoy it!!!
Thanks for the tip! Cheers! :)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1169 posts
555 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I got mine deliver really fast from the last week thread, I was surprise how good quality this knee pads are for the cheap price. Thumbs Up Sign
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12980 posts
24183 upvotes
Scarborough
cartfan123 wrote: Original thread from last week appears to be deleted. Likely due to stupid “joke” comments. If not, consider this a bump to the deal.
That's exactly what happened and I came in here expecting to have to do some deleting. I was pleasantly surprised that there was nothing to do.

I picked up a pair of the $4.99 ones. Thanks for sharing!
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jun 4, 2007
843 posts
400 upvotes
Are these usually used for sport type activities? I’m looking for some knee pads for general work around the house such as working on the car or gardening.
Jun 4, 2019
5 posts
7 upvotes
Yes the jokes were exactly why my thread from last week was deleted. Good deal though picked up a few pairs.
Mar 10, 2017
294 posts
264 upvotes
Bat Cave
Thanks OP, i bought a pair! These will be great when I am flipping the winters off to all seasons. Second year doing it and I find that my knees give out quicker and quicker each year :(
My horn can pierce the sky