Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TP Link HS200 Switch - $24.99 (Prime only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 7:51 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] TP Link HS200 Switch - $24.99 (Prime only)

Noticed the TP Link HS200 is on sale again on Amazon for $24.99. Not the all time lowest (believe that was $19.99 around Boxing Day 2017) but still a pretty good price, plus these should qualify for the current 8% Ebates.

I have a bunch of these and they work great, including with Homebridge if you’re so inclined.
122 replies
Sep 18, 2017
153 posts
257 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: Noticed the TP Link HS200 is on sale again on Amazon for $24.99. Not the all time lowest (believe that was $19.99 around Boxing Day 2017) but still a pretty good price, plus these should qualify for the current 8% Ebates.

I have a bunch of these and they work great, including with Homebridge if you’re so inclined.
Note there seems to be limit of 3.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
andersb wrote: not compatible with IFTTT
Own these exact switches and no issues using IFTTT to control automatically at dusk and dawn via Kasa Scene.
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2967 posts
2001 upvotes
montreal
Jojo_Madman wrote: Own these exact switches and no issues using IFTTT to control automatically at dusk and dawn via Kasa Scene.
Also have 8 of these that I got at the same price (along with the 8 free Google home mini) just before Christmas.

As other mentionned, they often go on sale for 25 if you need more.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
if i only have a white and a black wire can these still be used?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27109 posts
37052 upvotes
I was hoping for a great network switch, instead it's this non-sense again. I'm not even sure this is that good a price.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
blazed16 wrote: if i only have a white and a black wire can these still be used?
Nope, I'm in the same boat, townhouse built in the 70s, no C (power) wire.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1888 posts
1437 upvotes
Sadly no Z-wave as far as I can tell.
Dec 21, 2007
825 posts
277 upvotes
Scarborough
remik wrote: Nope, I'm in the same boat, townhouse built in the 70s, no C (power) wire.
I just went with Lutron Caseta for that very reason...plus in the end I wanted dimming on at least a few lights, and the cost wasn't that different (minus the hub, which I got on sale as part of a starter kit on boxing day).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
remik wrote:
Nope, I'm in the same boat, townhouse built in the 70s, no C (power) wire.
It’s not a C wire. It’s a neutral wire most are missing. Sometimes some houses have neutral wire tucked back in the box not used.

I ended up using smart bulbs instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1401 posts
747 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
remik wrote: Nope, I'm in the same boat, townhouse built in the 70s, no C (power) wire.
C wire is what you need for most smart thermostats. It's a common wire that allows 24v power. What you're missing is the neutral. This would be what was called a switch loop, and under new code rules, this particular thing can't be done due to its lack of neutral.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary
Someone downvoted this? Wow, RFD is getting tough...
Jan 4, 2019
4 posts
is there a guide somewhere to get IFTTT to work with this? I cant seem to able to get it to work.
Sep 4, 2007
611 posts
80 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
jarfgames wrote: Someone downvoted this? Wow, RFD is getting tough...
Just passing by.... give you one upvote.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2955 posts
2331 upvotes
Calgary
dvd5 wrote: Just passing by.... give you one upvote.
Thanks - don't actually care about the upvotes, but appreciate the drive-by upvote nonetheless.
Sep 28, 2009
468 posts
443 upvotes
Very interested in this product but wondering if anyone has any tips for using it with a switch that is paired beside another switch on a double plate. Any adapters for example?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)