Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 4:02 pm
75 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Perfect - I was looking for one of these.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3662 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
not as hot as MS store for 14.99 but this aint a bad price at all!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1358 posts
1000 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shoei wrote: not as hot as MS store for 14.99 but this aint a bad price at all!
Well..the fact that MS store is out of stock...beggars can't be choosers.

In for two!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
I really wish these things didn't need a neutral wire.
Oct 13, 2013
82 posts
24 upvotes
Best buy had 1 day shipping but the checkout keeps timing out on me.
Amazon back in stock now so I picked up a few from there.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Too bad15% Ebates wasn't for Amazon today. Went through Air Miles Shops instead for 2x Miles on Amazon plus 10x Miles sitewide.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1358 posts
1000 upvotes
Richmond Hill
insightcreative wrote: FYI If you are hoping to use this item with Nest, think again. Google is ending the ‘works with Nest’ program. https://nest.com/whats-happening/
But TP-Link Kasa devices works with Google Home....so isn't that the same (or is it new) thing? Google bought Nest...they are dropping Works With Nest and going with Works with Google Home...Same thing different s**t...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
toram23901 wrote: But TP-Link Kasa devices works with Google Home....so isn't that the same (or is it new) thing? Google bought Nest...they are dropping Works With Nest and going with Works with Google Home...Same thing different s**t...
What Google is doing is turning a 2-way street into a 1-way street: from Sept. 1 on, Google can still control other devices (like TP-Link Kasa devices), but other services (like IFTTT) can no longer control or query Google/Nest devices. It's a blatant attempt to force home automation under Google's control by leveraging their Google Home and Nest base.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1358 posts
1000 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Scote64 wrote: What Google is doing is turning a 2-way street into a 1-way street: from Sept. 1 on, Google can still control other devices (like TP-Link Kasa devices), but other services (like IFTTT) can no longer control or query Google/Nest devices. It's a blatant attempt to force home automation under Google's control by leveraging their Google Home and Nest base.
Ah....I get it now. I guess I jumped onto the Google bandwagon...I didn't want to go crazy writing those scripts for IFTTT stuff.

Don't hate me because of my Google affinity...Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
2176 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
is it possible to install this if you have wall plate with 2 or 3 switches ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
krypton wrote: is it possible to install this if you have wall plate with 2 or 3 switches ?
Yes. You'll likely have to buy a new faceplate with the correct combination of switch openings at the local hardware store, just a couple of dollars. The TP-Link switch uses a standard Decora faceplate (big rectangular opening), and you can buy faceplates for various combos of 2-3 regular/Decora switches.

Be aware that space can be tight in those multi-switch boxes with all the wiring. You'll be cursing a bit as you attempt to get the larger TP-Link switch body to fit in there, but it's possible.
Aug 30, 2009
456 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
How do you guys setup to run with 2.4 ghz network? My router (Asus) and Orbi always running on 5ghz and I can't connect it with my wireless.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3662 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
metallica86 wrote: How do you guys setup to run with 2.4 ghz network? My router (Asus) and Orbi always running on 5ghz and I can't connect it with my wireless.
yes i believe the instruction says it must be connected on 2.4ghz
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1225 posts
409 upvotes
calgary
ill buy it from you for 5 dollars if you have no use for it hehe
Jan 2, 2006
260 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga
metallica86 wrote: How do you guys setup to run with 2.4 ghz network? My router (Asus) and Orbi always running on 5ghz and I can't connect it with my wireless.
You have to separate the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks on the Orbi.
See here