None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3067 posts
337 upvotes
Hamilton

[Amazon Canada] TP-Link Smart Plug Mini (2-Pack) - $44.99

Quick post from mobile. 2 pack on sale for $44.99. Awesome devices, have 4 myself plus multiple switches.

TP-Link Smart Plug Mini (2-Pack) - No Hub Required, Wi-Fi, Control Your Devices from Anywhere, Occupies Only One Socket, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (HS105KIT US Version) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06WD6Q8K9/ref ... cCb74NH0M4
33 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1592 posts
815 upvotes
montreal
I have a google home mini (still in box).
Would this work with it?
Asking because it says "US VERSION"
Sep 30, 2006
308 posts
49 upvotes
Scarborough
superbigjay wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:31 pm
I have a google home mini (still in box).
Would this work with it?
I have this and yes it does work with Google Home... I don't recall being super easy setup, but it's okay... I can say "OK Google, turn on living room lights" and it will turn on...

tempted to get some more of these to turn on Christmas lights etc...
Aug 30, 2017
109 posts
109 upvotes
Love those plugs, but this may not be the best deal to get them. Last year towards the Christmas I got this 2-pack at Best Buy @ $35 (and if memory doesn't mislead me they were available on Amazon at the same time for a similar price - but I may be wrong about this).
So it may be worth waiting another week or two.
Nov 20, 2013
648 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
If you want the plugs today. Its also this price at BestBuy.

I agree it's a great device!
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1969 posts
966 upvotes
what's the diff between US and Cdn versions?
Mar 19, 2007
167 posts
12 upvotes
On the weekend i bought the two pack for this price at bestbuy, and when you buy a smart plug a google home mini was only $30.
As for using it with the google home mini, it was pretty easy.
first set up the switch normally with the "Kasa Smart" app(make account, detect the switch with the app, it connects, you tell it your wifi info, tadaaa done)
second, set up your google assistant account and go to settings > home > Add... > set up device > then add your Kasa account.
after that i think your plugs will be added. the process is pretty straight forward once you do it once, and takes less than 10 minutes from start to end the first time.
i believe every smart google assistant device will be the same. make an account with the initial app/product, connect that account to google assistant and you're done.
Aug 26, 2010
906 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
tempting but I'll wait for boxing day.. already bought those 2 outdoor costco plugs that work fine (great for Christmas lights).. can be used indoors as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3504 posts
1282 upvotes
Canada
Got mine last year for $19.99. they work well with Google home. You have to set them up with Kasa app first then add Kasa as a service to your Google home through the Google Home app. You can name the device whatever you want. So mine is just called lamp because I didn't want to save "living room lamp" everytime.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1969 posts
966 upvotes
yeah waiting for $19.99 again ...have 4 of them already
Nov 24, 2012
594 posts
375 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
superbigjay wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:31 pm
pongster wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:56 pm
what's the diff between US and Cdn versions?
I can't verify this yet, but I would guess that "US version" refers to the Wi-Fi standards used in the device. With our Unifi access points, the "US" release is hard-wired to only permit US-spec Wi-Fi channels (2.4GHz 2-11) and power levels whereas the regular version allows you to choose your country's particular specifications. While there are some minor differences between Canada and the US, for the purposes of a light switch they're not significant.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7837 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton
I know you need a time machine for the deal but I remember when Best Buy had it for $35 2017 Black Friday.

Never seen that price again.

Instead my other plugs are the Costco 2 for $25 deal. Works just as good.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1766 posts
270 upvotes
I'm waiting for these to drop.. dont know if they will but I can hope

Pros and cons of getting another company..m another app?