Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Ugly Christmas Sweater Sale!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 9:58 pm
[OP]
Nov 3, 2006
58 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Ugly Christmas Sweater Sale!

Amazon has a nice collection of ugly (paradox) Christmas sweaters on sale. Lots of sizes available.
57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5194 posts
1227 upvotes
Montreal
30 bucks+ for an ugly sweater that you'll only wear a few times, way too expensive.
In a couple of weeks, you'll find them for around 10 bucks in most store.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4310 posts
2623 upvotes
North York
Madevilz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:09 am
30 bucks+ for an ugly sweater that you'll only wear a few times, way too expensive.
In a couple of weeks, you'll find them for around 10 bucks in most store.
maybe from where you are, we went to more than 5 stores including a couple Walmarts and they were all sold out by the first week of Dec. So if you really need one, say for parties, go get them now.

These sweaters go on sale last year as well at Amazon, and was also on sale last week. They smell really bad though, we even tried to air it out for a couple days, but it didn't help, had to return to amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5194 posts
1227 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:19 am
I got mine last year from H&M for $10, it was around this time. I haven't checked to see if they're on 'sale' again but it's worth a shot if you need one.
same
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13907 posts
9507 upvotes
Toronto
FYI . I added $2 color battery powered Christmas lights from Dollarama to my ugly sweater and really made it pop. So many compliments!

For people in Toronto. Urban Planet downtown has a bunch on sale too

229 Yonge St B4, Toronto, ON M5B 1N8
Last edited by sprung on Dec 5th, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2106 posts
839 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:24 am
FYI . I added $2 color battery powered Christmas lights from Dollarama to my ugly sweater and really made it pop. So many compliments!
Nice I was going to do this too, I got some of those cheap battery powered string lights from eBay.
Jul 11, 2007
215 posts
19 upvotes
GTA
oh, these sweaters bring back the memories. I miss the needlework of my mother, she always complains that we grow faster then her needleworks, and when it finally finished, it does looks kind of ugly, and it's not comfortable to wear and so we do never wear them .... not sure where they are now...
Feb 25, 2003
174 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks OP! ordered.
Jun 23, 2016
109 posts
40 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Thanks OP.

Does anybody know where I can actually find a legitimate ugly Christmas sweater with decent construction/fit? As in, the sweaters that inspired this new fad? I've looked at a few large retailers and can't really find anything. Some of these sweaters marketed as Ugly Xmas Sweaters are droll but the majority are downright lame IMHO.
Oct 21, 2005
332 posts
115 upvotes
The best Ugly Christmas Sweaters are found at goodwill in the summer. The original non-ironic ugly sweaters from the 70's/80's that people bring in after cleaning out a relative's closet when they die. No need to spend $30 on a cheap imitation. Although, if you waited til December to buy one you'll have a hard time finding a good one in a thrift store, I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2441 posts
565 upvotes
Markham
Yeah they are the same style every year so buy around Mid-Jan for the years to come and save $$$, if you have to buy one for this Christmas then I guess go for it regardless
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I hate those sweaters. They are ugly, they smell bad, the design and cut is terrible, and they are itchy. So thanks, but no thanks. This Christmas I will be dressed smart.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1552 posts
281 upvotes
noxlen wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:33 am
Thanks OP.

Does anybody know where I can actually find a legitimate ugly Christmas sweater with decent construction/fit? As in, the sweaters that inspired this new fad? I've looked at a few large retailers and can't really find anything. Some of these sweaters marketed as Ugly Xmas Sweaters are droll but the majority are downright lame IMHO.
value village or other thrift shops if you want legit
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18597 posts
3704 upvotes
Thornhill
So far every year we've been trying to one up each other with the ugliest and cheapest Christmas sweater. Thrift stores are a goldmine for some really fugly fuzzies.

Last year's winner literally traded a sweater for a coat with a homeless guy (he had footage to prove it), I don't know how anyone's gonna top that this year. I don't know what to expect anymore after the first few years.

Thread Information

There are currently 29 users viewing this thread. (16 members and 13 guests)

louposada, theadonisking, Tomtom11, wronguy, Napophis, Rias, ww, lowball827, LawEightSix, tomxlj, andrewhaji, wchau85, hektic, maxmoore44, devilsknight, kuznagi