Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Ugly Christmas Sweater Sale!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 5:22 pm
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed. Can this stupid trend just go away. It's so cliche and annoying. It was cute for about 30 seconds people. Move on.
jfmartel wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:06 pm
While some people cannot have enough money for food, especially during the holidays, people are throwing money at ugly sweater just for the lulz. What a time to be alive.
Oct 16, 2010
170 posts
94 upvotes
Funny. I bought one of those sweaters 2 days ago for $26, now the "Sale price" is $38.
Oct 16, 2010
170 posts
94 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
While some people cannot have enough money for food, especially during the holidays, people are throwing money at ugly sweater just for the lulz. What a time to be alive.
As you type this from your 256GB Iphone X.......
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5172 posts
1222 upvotes
Montreal
moufasa wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:32 pm
can't wait to tell my child that he can get any halloween costume he wants on November 1st.
Nice try at the funneh, but these sweaters usually go on clearance 1 to 2 weeks before Christmas.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3974 posts
827 upvotes
Halifax
antihero wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:59 am
Agreed. Can this stupid trend just go away. It's so cliche and annoying. It was cute for about 30 seconds people. Move on.
calling things cliche is pretty annoying and cliche... hopefully that trend goes away.

Don't be a grinch. Ugly Christmas Parties rock. They are fun and entertaining. With all the crud in the world, fun and entertaining things are my priority. Why are you trying to take that away ?? Don't you like fun...

*pouts while wearing a xmas sweater with a trex on it*
Apr 20, 2006
527 posts
185 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Yes its the low level pawns like us on a deal site trying to save a few bucks that is the problem and not corporate greed and tax evading millionaires and billionaires that would be the major debating point to why such things happen in this wonderful time to be alive.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3975 posts
1138 upvotes
LBJackal wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:35 am
The best Ugly Christmas Sweaters are found at goodwill in the summer. The original non-ironic ugly sweaters from the 70's/80's that people bring in after cleaning out a relative's closet when they die. No need to spend $30 on a cheap imitation. Although, if you waited til December to buy one you'll have a hard time finding a good one in a thrift store, I guess.
Goodwill went bankrupt in Ontario. Now Value Village would charge $40 for that sweater discounted to $20 on half-off day.

Don't ask how Goodwill went bankrupt. Apparently it is hard to run a business when people donate your inventory.
Dec 13, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
i go to this hip place called value village to get mine
Apr 20, 2006
527 posts
185 upvotes
I cant believe the prices at Value Village
Jan 19, 2017
91 posts
116 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Welcome to RFD where people will contemplate if they really need that new $3000 Macbook because if on sale from $3500 even though they have the last years model that works just fine. There is definitely different tiers of buyers in these forums don't beat yourself up about it lol. I don't think i have ever spent $1000 on anything that wasn't a car repair or mortgage payment, but like i said different strokes.....
Oct 21, 2005
332 posts
114 upvotes
renoldman wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:24 am
Goodwill went bankrupt in Ontario. Now Value Village would charge $40 for that sweater discounted to $20 on half-off day.

Don't ask how Goodwill went bankrupt. Apparently it is hard to run a business when people donate your inventory.
Really? well, been a while since I bought mine. Maybe 7 years ago or so, me and my friends scoured the thrift shops in Brampton and each got one. Value Village is still reasonably cheap, it's not like Good Will but the cleanliness is at least better. I go there once in a while to see if there's any interesting electronics, etc.
Jul 14, 2014
547 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sprung wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:21 pm
yikes. sounds like a overly sensitive, ie no humour, workplace... polar bears play fighting is wrong?
I think it's probably because it looks a bit sexual, no ?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2339 posts
553 upvotes
West
Niklasky wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:34 am
I think it's probably because it looks a bit sexual, no ?
Yea, I don't think the bear placement was an accident...
Honestly I think it's a nice/funny sweater, but I can see how some people would be offended by bears appearing to do anal, lol.
May 18, 2012
815 posts
397 upvotes
MARKHAM
fyi H&M has christmas sweaters for $30 at eaton centre as of yesterday when i checked, don't waste a trip if you were planning on looking there.
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:06 am
calling things cliche is pretty annoying and cliche... hopefully that trend goes away.

Don't be a grinch. Ugly Christmas Parties rock. They are fun and entertaining. With all the crud in the world, fun and entertaining things are my priority. Why are you trying to take that away ?? Don't you like fun...

*pouts while wearing a xmas sweater with a trex on it*
Sure I like fun - I spend the majority of my disposable income entertaining myself. Don't really need to buy a sweater I'm gonna wear a couple of times to elicit a comment from some girl across the room at a Christmas party to have fun or entertain myself.
ficklen wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:13 am
Yes its the low level pawns like us on a deal site trying to save a few bucks that is the problem and not corporate greed and tax evading millionaires and billionaires that would be the major debating point to why such things happen in this wonderful time to be alive.
Umm...you're kinda just feeding those greedy corporates by buying something completely wasteful like this, no?

Never mind the pollution of how many of these stupid sweaters will end up in the landfill by exactly January 16, 2018.