Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

UMIDIGI A5 Pro 6.3'' FHD+ Unlocked Smartphone - $130.45 [Lightning deal]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 9:44 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO

[Amazon.ca] UMIDIGI A5 Pro 6.3'' FHD+ Unlocked Smartphone - $130.45 [Lightning deal]

The UMIDIGI A5 Pro is on for $130 again if anyone missed it last time. It's a lightning deal so the price is a limited time thing. Only available in space grey colour.

https://www.amazon.ca/UMIDIGI-Unlocked- ... PJH&sr=1-1

Edit: i should mention it's currently in Prime Early Access. So unless you're Prime, you'll have to wait.
54 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
17 minutes left. Hurry
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
embguy wrote: 17 minutes left. Hurry
Early access ends in one minute so those without prime can now buy
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I've been using the A5 pro for about a month now (got it as part of the last lightning deal) as a backup after I lost my pixel 2xl; currently between phones. For $130 it makes a good backup, but I would not pay the regular price nor would I use this as my primary phone, screen presses are not responsive at times, battery lasts me about a day, camera is terrible. For a first phone or for a light user it may fit the bill, but not for a more techy person.
Last edited by remik on Dec 1st, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
remik wrote: I've been using the A5 pro for about a month now (got it as part of the last lightning deal) as a backup after I lost my pixel 2xl; currently between phones. For $130 it makes a good backup, but I would not pay the regular price nor would I use this as my primary phone, screen pressed are not responsive at times, battery lasts me about a day, camera is terrible. For a first phone or for a light user it may fit the bill, but not for a more techy person.
thanks to your comment I cancelled my order.

I need a second phone to carry around for wifi hotspot reasons only.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2014
1027 posts
1114 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
remik wrote: I've been using the A5 pro for about a month now (got it as part of the last lightning deal) as a backup after I lost my pixel 2xl; currently between phones. For $130 it makes a good backup, but I would not pay the regular price nor would I use this as my primary phone, screen pressed are not responsive at times, battery lasts me about a day, camera is terrible. For a first phone or for a light user it may fit the bill, but not for a more techy person.
I have an A5 as well. I agree the camera is bad, most other things are good enough for me. I'm not super demanding of the phone. If you just need a phone and not a camera I think the A5 is great. I load mine up with music , works on all networks in Ontario, fast enough . I've had no issues with screen presses being detected. All in all for the price it's great - but the camera sucks.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
redmondflagger wrote: I have an A5 as well. I agree the camera is bad, most other things are good enough for me. I'm not super demanding of the phone. If you just need a phone and not a camera I think the A5 is great. I load mine up with music , works on all networks in Ontario, fast enough . I've had no issues with screen presses being detected. All in all for the price it's great - but the camera sucks.
Yeah, agreed, as a backup or light/normal user it's fine, but not for the more technically inclined. Then again it is $175 regular price, no tax, so "beggars can't be choosers", but I'm keeping it as a backup either way, waiting on Monday for my 3XL.
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
189 upvotes
gone Confused Face
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Aug 16, 2017
128 posts
138 upvotes
The "Breathing Crystal" colour is available now, with a $45 coupon (NOT Lightning deal!)... that would make it $131 if you prefer it over Black
Oct 15, 2007
120 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal, QC
How does that compare to the Motorola g7 play at Costco for 150 too?
Apr 9, 2012
473 posts
399 upvotes
ProfProcyon wrote: Do either work phones work with public mobile?
My A5 does! Dont have the other one but if you compare the bands then you'll know. Also do a web search & forums search as these have been dicussed MANY times in the past few months.
Apr 9, 2012
473 posts
399 upvotes
ebdury wrote: How does that compare to the Motorola g7 play at Costco for 150 too?
Do a forums search!!! These have been compared & discussed many times already & your question answered.
Jul 12, 2009
86 posts
65 upvotes
Gatineau
Regarding the comment that the screen press is not responsive at time, I had the same issue when I bought the Umidigi Pro5 a month ago. I could not respond to regular phone calls, and during calls made in Hangouts, the screen would go black and every buttons would stop working (I could not even stop the ongoing calls!)

However, I read on a blog that this is a proximity sensor issue. Since I washed the screen thoroughly, the phone is working just fine. Maybe they put some sort of product when installing the screen protector that interacts with the sensor???

And regarding the difference with the Moto G 7, one thing to consider is that there is no tax on the Umidigi and it comes with a cover and a sceen protector. However, if the difference in price is not a concern, I would tend to go with the Moto G, because of the better reliability and camera...
A hot deal is in the eye of the beholder.
Mar 30, 2008
991 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
Mtnviewer wrote: My A5 does! Dont have the other one but if you compare the bands then you'll know. Also do a web search & forums search as these have been dicussed MANY times in the past few months.
Worked out of the box for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
zdpz wrote: thanks to your comment I cancelled my order.

I need a second phone to carry around for wifi hotspot reasons only.
you made a big mistake... just sayin'

Edit: Only 2 bad things about this phone are camera software and lack of braggin' rights...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
ProfProcyon wrote: Do either work phones work with public mobile?
Even flip phone works on PM.... A5 PRO has all possible Bands for this part of the world and then some... Including B66 for Freedom Mobile.

EDIT: Also, this is a Dual 4G/4G SIM phone WITH extra slot for SD card.... big thing for anyone seriously using Dual SIM phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)