Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Unique Home Bath Mat, 16" W x 39" L, Extra Long - White ($9.44) / Blue ($10.99) (Expired)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2018 2:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Unique Home Bath Mat, 16" W x 39" L, Extra Long - White ($9.44) / Blue ($10.99) (Expired)

Remember to clip the $5 coupon. I guess that you pay a little more to buy the blue one as the white one will look old/dirty quickly. I bought it last year and it is very useful to provide anti-slip safety for my parent in the bath. It provides the same purpose for my kids and dogs too. The strong chemical smell will fade away eventually

White (Sold Out) - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072HDC57B/
Blue - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XPK81V7/

Last edited by lcmt on Sep 14th, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Apr 22, 2006
842 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Please don't fall for the words Anti bacterial and Anti slip. There's no such thing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes
I don't believe it is anti-bacterial, but it does provide good anti-slip function UNDER NORMAL USE. Of course, if someone likes the bubble bath and have lots of soap in the tub, then it is a different story.
torontoguy777 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 8:10 am
Please don't fall for the words Anti bacterial and Anti slip. There's no such thing.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
3802 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
torontoguy777 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 8:10 am
lcmt wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 8:19 am
I don't believe it is anti-bacterial, but it does provide good anti-slip function UNDER NORMAL USE. Of course, if someone likes the bubble bath and have lots of soap in the tub, then it is a different story.
I think the problem is how you dry it after use.
Mine has black mould because it wasn't dried properly. I use blench to kill the mould once in a while.
How do you guys normally dry it?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 28, 2009
265 posts
127 upvotes
Markham
I paid full price for this and can say this purchase was worth it. No more slippage in the shower. To dry it off just pull it off and hang it upside down over the bathtub entry with more leaning towards the tub. In the morning just scrub it with soap or whatever cleaner you use, let it dry then install it back. You will get loose hair caught between the suction's gotta remove those every two weeks or so.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18502 posts
5079 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I don't understand why anybody uses these gross things.
Apr 20, 2006
672 posts
334 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:42 am
I don't understand why anybody uses these gross things.
I don't understand quantum theory
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes
I'm doing very similar as steved54321. You can use any types of cleaner to remove the dirt or mold, but you definitely need to use something to scrub on both sides.
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:22 am
I think the problem is how you dry it after use.
Mine has black mould because it wasn't dried properly. I use blench to kill the mould once in a while.
How do you guys normally dry it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes
Even you paid for full price, it definitely worths it. Imagine if you fall and get crack on the bone, I believe you need to pay more than $20 for any kind of medication in addition to the suffer from the pain and possible out of work for long period of time. It is even worse if this happen to kids or elder
steved54321 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:42 am
I paid full price for this and can say this purchase was worth it. No more slippage in the shower. To dry it off just pull it off and hang it upside down over the bathtub entry with more leaning towards the tub. In the morning just scrub it with soap or whatever cleaner you use, let it dry then install it back. You will get loose hair caught between the suction's gotta remove those every two weeks or so.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1587 posts
316 upvotes
Bought the clear version of this for elderly parent, choose the solid color, the clear looks gross with the mold and buildup over time, needs constant cleaning but does the job, stays in place. Paid full $18.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes
The white and the clear will not look good after couple of months, but the blue is fine as the color just looks a little darker. Other sellers have this product with different colors like green, black, etc ... and I believe those colors are good too.
astrotrain wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:57 am
Bought the clear version of this for elderly parent, choose the solid color, the clear looks gross with the mold and buildup over time, needs constant cleaning but does the job, stays in place. Paid full $18.
Sep 2, 2005
273 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Shake off the mat immediately after use, and then hang it up to try (our dollarama mat has holes in it, and shower caddy has two "sticks" sticking out horizontally on the bottom, which fit nicely in the mat's holes). Been doing that for a year, not a trace of mold yet.
Now if I could figure out a way to keep the darn shower curtain (inner liner) mold free...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4162 posts
1074 upvotes
Canuckland
I’ve got one of these, they still get nasty
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4480 posts
4629 upvotes
The white and clear will turn into yellow color eventually even you don't use it, that's why I bought the blue. The blue will only turn into a little darker and less transparent. If it is the mold, try to use baking soda and then use scrubbing brush on both sides.
DealCanuck wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 10:20 am
I’ve got one of these, they still get nasty

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)