Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Universal USB Travel Adapter with USB 3.0 Type A and USB-C 5.6A - $18.70

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 12:40 am
[OP]
Aug 3, 2010
156 posts
164 upvotes
North York

[Amazon Canada] Universal USB Travel Adapter with USB 3.0 Type A and USB-C 5.6A - $18.70

I was looking for a universal power adapter for my trip through Asia coming up. This was the absolute best I could find. It's not the fastest charger (2.4A for USB-A and 3A for USB-C) but great for it's price and well reviewed. Using the coupon code brings it down to $18.70, which is the all time low, even beating the lightning deal prices.

It comes with some extras:

What's in the Box:
• Epicka Universal Travel Adapter
• Zipper Nylon Travel Bag
• 2ft. Charging Cable for Apple and Android - this makes it a solid deal to me

I don't think you can go wrong here, if you're looking for a travel adapter. Seems reliable based on the reviews. Don't forget that you have to use the coupon code provided on the product page: 5WE6729D
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 8.27.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 8.27.59 PM.png
11 replies
Aug 27, 2009
746 posts
517 upvotes
Why do I always feel that these are paid or quid pro quo posts?

- Random product with few or tons of paid for reviews
- New RFD user or low post count
- Unknown manufacturer
- The post reads like a sales pitch
- Posts a code (often) not found on the product page
Last edited by lleb13 on Apr 20th, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18769 posts
364 upvotes
YYZ
It looks a bit big. I've had some bad experiences with some of these travel adapters. They don't cling on to the outlet. I'm not sure if it's because of the weight of the adapter or not. I have thrown a couple away over the years.
[OP]
Aug 3, 2010
156 posts
164 upvotes
North York
lleb13 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:35 pm

- Unknown manufacturer
- Posts a code not found on the product page
Code is on product page, screenshot is included in OP. Can't speak to whether they are fake reviews, I usually can't tell, Fakespot gives it an 'A' though.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2210 posts
1261 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Careful. Even though it says it supports 140 countries, make sure that you check the information specific to the country you are going to.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6634 posts
1913 upvotes
Markham
lleb13 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:35 pm

- Unknown manufacturer
- The post reads like a sales pitch
- Posts a code (often) not found on the product page
OP joined RFD in 2010! Doubt very much he planned nine years ago to post this. In theory almost every Hot Deal can be questioned.

Intresting fact. I created a thread in Travel re Travel Adapters a few days ago and I linked this exact product and voila it shows up on Amazon on sale. Wonder how many people on RFD clicked my link and thus Amazon's AI said, let's put it on sale. Makes one say Hmmmmm.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 2, 2008
225 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Nice idea, but probably bulky. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6634 posts
1913 upvotes
Markham
xoy74 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 9:37 pm
Nice idea, but probably bulky. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this
This has 4 USB ports as well so you could save the space that four device "bricks". As well this covers multi countries so if you travel to different places in the same trip, again you're saving.
You could easily put this into one of your shoes in your luggage.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 19, 2013
106 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
gr8dlr wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:08 pm
OP joined RFD in 2010! Doubt very much he planned nine years ago to post this. In theory almost every Hot Deal can be questioned.

Intresting fact. I created a thread in Travel re Travel Adapters a few days ago and I linked this exact product and voila it shows up on Amazon on sale. Wonder how many people on RFD clicked my link and thus Amazon's AI said, let's put it on sale. Makes one say Hmmmmm.
Interesting point
Feb 23, 2010
64 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks OP, lost one in Kenya and had been meaning to buy a replacement. This one seems nicer and the USB C port is a plus.
Feb 23, 2010
64 posts
55 upvotes
The USB-C port looks like it's 3 amps, the regular USB-A ports are 2.4 Amps.

The quick charger blocks are at least 5 Amps.. so 3 amps isn't as fast as 'quick charge' but it'll be somewhat faster than the typical alternative USB block. You could probably plug in a quick charge block into this adapter though.

Edit: Oops, the USB-A ports are actually 2.4Amps but max 5.6 for all four.. so if you have everything plugged up it'll be a bit slower.

Edit: arrived today - nice build! The added usb to micro usb/lighting cable is nice! Thanks OP
Last edited by paradoll on Apr 24th, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the adapter comes with one of those multi microusb/lightning adapters! nice build. adding photo. thanks OP!!