[Amazon Canada] USPA 6800 Bidet Seat $399 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 11:13 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1315 posts
336 upvotes
BC
I have a cheap $40 bidet seat. I'm pretty happy with it and due to the location of the sink and the outlet; hot water and electrical is out of the question. TP use is minimal.

If I did want to do the plumbing/electrical work to get hot water and air-dry functionality, what kind of time we talking about to get dry and not use any TP? If its sub 1 minute, I could be convinced this would be an exceptional investment over 5 years. But if its like a 5 minute dry time, then I don't have that kind of patience. If you still need some TP, then I don't think its worth the hassle. Unless its just a g'damn good feeling that trumps time and money :P

Thanks
Jan 28, 2014
402 posts
91 upvotes
Tororo wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 5:57 pm

The biggest difference is $50 one you'll get a few second to half a minute of cold water (depends on how far your heat water source is) before hot water reaches the bidet, it can be uncomfortable especially in winter time.
Most people need to install a hot water piping for $50 manual ones; while electric one you can at least use an extension cord if no power outlet behind the toilet.
Electric one also comes with a soft closing lids with heated seat feature if you don't already have one.
The nozzle position is much more precise on electric one too (I've tried a manual one before).
In the end, it's how much more comfort you are willing to spend for. Just like most products, spending double the money never gives back double value improvement in return, maybe 20% only.
Been using a 50 dollar one with cold water only and have zero issues even in the winter. I got one to try out and have been happy with it.

Don't think I can justify paying more than 50 when this one does the same thing and the pressure is strong enough to hit the ceiling I had to get a pressure limiter on mine.

One day I may get the electric one.
Apr 10, 2006
263 posts
86 upvotes
STIGUY wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:29 pm
Been using a 50 dollar one with cold water only and have zero issues even in the winter. I got one to try out and have been happy with it.

Don't think I can justify paying more than 50 when this one does the same thing and the pressure is strong enough to hit the ceiling I had to get a pressure limiter on mine.

It's usually the significant other that complains about the cold water. I told my wifu about wasting water by having it run til the hot water comes (during winter) so she stared at me and my soul just left my body running away.
Apr 10, 2006
263 posts
86 upvotes
Did anyone order from this seller? I'm so tempted to get this versus paying another $150 for the one from Costco.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
622 posts
462 upvotes
Surrey
vanpatrick81 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:32 am

It's usually the significant other that complains about the cold water. I told my wifu about wasting water by having it run til the hot water comes (during winter) so she stared at me and my soul just left my body running away.
Never back talk against the waifu. It's a no win situation, always.
vanpatrick81 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:40 am
Did anyone order from this seller? I'm so tempted to get this versus paying another $150 for the one from Costco.
And I ordered and got one. Easy to install and use.
Last edited by convolution on Jul 25th, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Mar 2, 2006
449 posts
45 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 7:10 am

All included , you just need GFCI outlet
http://uspabidet.ca/bidet/Install
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 7:45 am
We don't have a GFCI in the main floor powder room so i just used a short decent extension cord. It has been working anyway and it's not like I'm going to get the cord wet.
An option is to get one of these if you can't put in a GFCI outlet: https://www.lowes.ca/power-strips-surge ... 89461.html
I have two bathrooms with Brondell Swash 1000's and it would've been difficult to wire in new outlets for them, so got these instead. Tucked one away in a cabinet and another hidden in an adjoining room sharing a wall (plug fed through a small cutout). Walmart and Canadian tire carry the GFCI too if the Lowes ones sell out.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2155 posts
166 upvotes
I don't get it are you all running the cable on your counters or drilling the counter? None of my outlets are anywhere near the throne but rather on the wall above the counter on the opposite wall furthest from the throne.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
JonSnow wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 8:26 pm
I don't get it are you all running the cable on your counters or drilling the counter? None of my outlets are anywhere near the throne but rather on the wall above the counter on the opposite wall furthest from the throne.
Just fish the line from behind toilet or some just run line through the inside or under cabinet
Nov 27, 2013
13 posts
14 upvotes
New Westminster
STIGUY wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:29 pm

Yea, if one can't justify the cost definitely worth trying out a manual cold water one first, especially with the simple setup. I was lucky enough to get a chance trying both setup before I made my purchase decision.

As you mentioned the water pressure can hit the ceiling. I forgot to mention there is a nice safty feature for the USPA and most electric ones, which is it can only be activated with enough weight pressed down on the toilet seat, preventing kids from easy access to water controls, and create water hazards.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
622 posts
462 upvotes
Surrey
Tororo wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 9:08 pm
Yea, if one can't justify the cost definitely worth trying out a manual cold water one first, especially with the simple setup. I was lucky enough to get a chance trying both setup before I made my purchase decision.

As you mentioned the water pressure can hit the ceiling. I forgot to mention there is a nice safty feature for the USPA and most electric ones, which is it can only be activated with enough weight pressed down on the toilet seat, preventing kids from easy access to water controls, and create water hazards.
It's actually not weight, but a touch sensor on the seat. Kids can use the uspa too cuz it has a kids function.
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Nov 27, 2013
13 posts
14 upvotes
New Westminster
convolution wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 12:39 am
It's actually not weight, but a touch sensor on the seat. Kids can use the uspa too cuz it has a kids function.
You can activate your unit with touching only? My manual says it's a seat sensor, and I have to push down on the seat with quite a strong force to gain control of it. If I let go the unit stops whatever it is doing immediately.
Dec 31, 2013
628 posts
283 upvotes
condo
Anyone have recommendations on good Japanese band bidets that are below $400cad? Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1633 posts
265 upvotes
Scarborough
It's appalling that bidet's aren't a normal thing here. Even in the most rundown restaurants in Japan have bidets.

One of the coolest things i saw in Japan was a soap dispenser, water dispenser, and dryer all in the same sink. Soap dispenser literally right next to where water comes out and dryer at the bottom of the sink. Wonder if we'll ever have this tech here.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1116 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
jono454 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:12 am
It's appalling that bidet's aren't a normal thing here. Even in the most rundown restaurants in Japan have bidets.

One of the coolest things i saw in Japan was a soap dispenser, water dispenser, and dryer all in the same sink. Soap dispenser literally right next to where water comes out and dryer at the bottom of the sink. Wonder if we'll ever have this tech here.
I think it is mainly the fact NA aren't constrained for space. The closest we have here is http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-CA/hand-dr ... e-tap.aspx
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1633 posts
265 upvotes
Scarborough
bst wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:25 am
I think it is mainly the fact NA aren't constrained for space. The closest we have here is http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-CA/hand-dr ... e-tap.aspx
You're probably right and that Japanese folks are huge on hygiene and cleanliness.

I've yet to see the Dyson Airblade Tap used anywhere. Hopefully one day bidet's and all-in-one sink's will be standard in NA.
Can't stand using toilets at work. First thing i do when i get home is usually take a dump and use my bidet.