• Mar 7th, 2018 10:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3925 posts
1231 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Warm - Certified refurbished iphones - eg 64GB 6s for $389.99

I personally don't think these represent great deals - way better prices are available locally via kijiji etc - but for something shipped to your door with a "90 day warranty", this might represent a solid deal for many out there. Keep in mind that many RFDers do not live close to markets where quality used cellphones are available in abundance. This might be of interest to them.

FWIW
Last edited by CaptSmethwick on Mar 7th, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2894 posts
1604 upvotes
Kitchener
ANONYT wrote: 64gb ? Hi your title says 65
Reminds me of "This is Spinal Tap" where the volume meter goes to 11 rather than 10. Really, they both meant the same thing though.

When you need that 'extra' gigabyte, BOOM, Apple delivers.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3925 posts
1231 upvotes
Ottawa
This is such a good refurbishing job, they added a gig. Geez, you'd figure that ANYBODY would have figured that much out... :rolleyes:

Thanks for catching this - fixed the title.
Apr 23, 2016
75 posts
34 upvotes
Port Severn, ON
Pretty terrible reviews to consider when spending hundreds of dollars on a phone. I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot pole.
How much technical expertise do you expect from a vendor calling themselves “Fashion_Outlet15”? And with a name like that, they don’t sound like someone who’ll be around for long.
Oct 14, 2015
275 posts
200 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Thanks OP, warm but good for my older parent who lives in another province.

Details on the specific models are a bit sketchy though, trying to determine LTE bands. ie model a1633* & model a1634* vs. model a1688* & model a1687*

Looks like 64GB support LTE20 and the 128GB don't.
Oct 14, 2015
275 posts
200 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Judicious wrote: Pretty terrible reviews to consider when spending hundreds of dollars on a phone. I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot pole.
How much technical expertise do you expect from a vendor calling themselves “Fashion_Outlet15”? And with a name like that, they don’t sound like someone who’ll be around for long.
Rest Assured "young padawan" sold & shipped by amazon and prime qualified, full returns no questions.

https://i.imgur.com/F0qqQsf.jpg
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Dec 1, 2013
153 posts
310 upvotes
Holy crap I saw this thread and I dreaded the worst. I would avoid these if you don't want your time being wasted or if you care about condition at all.
I got 2 that were supposed to be certified refurbished, and BOTH were icloud locked and in pretty garbage condition. The ratings are pretty spot on, it's pretty much a hit or a miss.
Yes, you get "full returns" from amazon but in the case that amazon thinks you're BSing, do you want to risk suddenly losing 400$+? On rare occasions, this can occur (I searched info related to incidents similar to mine and a very, very small amount of people did get screwed over).

bigdukesixer wrote: Rest Assured "young padawan" sold & shipped by amazon and prime qualified, full returns no questions.

https://i.imgur.com/F0qqQsf.jpg
Yes, the full returns are pretty spot on but it is NOT sold by amazon, it is SHIPPED by amazon and fulfilled/sold by a THIRD PARTY retailer. This is especially important for brand name designer items/unlocked phones, because fakes/soon to be blacklisted phones slip through the cracks and into a soon to be pissed off consumer. @Judicious made a very valid point.

Also, Apple store does not consider amazon to be an authorized retailer, and if your phone gets blacklisted, tough luck even with receipt from amazon they won't do jack (I tried).

Hope this helps interested buyers.
Apr 7, 2007
574 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
I personally feel eBay is better when it comes to refurbished iPhones. Recently picked up a 64GB 6S Plus for $370 CAD shipped which works great with only the slightest of cosmetic blemish. Even came with a new MFi certified lightning cable and oddly enough a Samsung charger.
Nov 24, 2010
67 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Do not understand why folks still spend such money to buy a used outdated or secondhand iphone, when using the same amount money you can buy flagship huawei,xiaomi and asus.
Nov 24, 2010
67 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
surprised me.
It is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world, having overtaken Ericsson in 2012.[4]
From July to September 2017, Huawei surpassed Apple and became the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world after Samsung.[19][20][21] [22] from Wiki.
Aug 27, 2009
915 posts
768 upvotes
silja wrote: Do not understand why folks still spend such money to buy a used outdated or secondhand iphone, when using the same amount money you can buy flagship huawei,xiaomi and asus.
Because they want an iphone (ios). It's not a hard concept to grasp.
I prefer Apple for tablets and laptops. Android for phones and Windows for desktops.
Last edited by lleb13 on Mar 7th, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1928 posts
1349 upvotes
Markham
silja wrote: Do not understand why folks still spend such money to buy a used outdated or secondhand iphone, when using the same amount money you can buy flagship huawei,xiaomi and asus.
Dunno what to tell you... some people simply prefer Apple.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Aug 16, 2011
873 posts
744 upvotes
NORTH YORK
silja wrote: surprised me.
It is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world, having overtaken Ericsson in 2012.[4]
From July to September 2017, Huawei surpassed Apple and became the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world after Samsung.[19][20][21] [22] from Wiki.
You have billions of people in third world countries (yes china & India are in fact a third world country). Sell them phones at a fraction of the cost and no doubt you'll become the largest manufacturer. Apple is still the most wanted, but it's always $$$ to have anything apple.
Jul 21, 2011
629 posts
475 upvotes
Knowhere
I need to say this up front, and dont want to start a war with apple vs android :).

I bought Xiaomi Mi4 in the past, 560 CAD, phone runs fast, but camera is bad and picture blur often. i find it very hard to find a phone case, and later on, when I reset the phone, I can no longer get google play installed, xiaomi took it off from their market, then the ones I downloaded from internet do not work... then the back plastic cover keep coming off, eventually battery wont take a charge, then a month later when I took the phone out, the battery works again... did I save money or what? no, that 560$ lasted about 1 year, and it tool too much of my time to take care of it. Mi4 was the flagship back then...

I bought LG G3, that phone has one issue, can not hear people clearly when I use headset. no matter which headset. but music works fine when using the headset. (i often have to stay on conf call for hours, have to use the headset) dont remember how much,500-ish the full price? Lg G3 was kind of on the high end back then when it was launched...

I bought Samsung Note Edge. the issue with samsung is their version of android, my experience with samsung phone software is every effort they do makes phone runs slow. eventually it tooks couple seconds or open the phone app to call someone, then I gave up. sold the phone cheap. Note edge was the flagship backthen too.

again, not trying to start apple vs android war :). but my experience with apple is way better. yes with ios updates phone get slow too, but i found a way to install tvos profile then it does not ask me to update os anymore. and one more issue, my iPhone 7 Plus bluetooth does not work with infiniti car bluetooth, but works with honda and any other bluetooth. i dont have the phone running slow issue, i dont have the can not hear people using headset issue, basically i just use it with very very tiny effort to maintain the phone.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14188 posts
4330 upvotes
Montreal
If you're on Koodo, keep an eye on your deals as you can beat this price no problem on an "upgrade". BF was great, but two times in 2018 I bought BNIB 128GB 6s's for family members for less than this. One was ~$350 and the other was $364.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.