Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] *Warm deal* Microsoft Office 365 Personal | 12-month subscription, 1 person PC/Mac Key Card, English -- $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 1:04 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
117 posts
73 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] *Warm deal* Microsoft Office 365 Personal | 12-month subscription, 1 person PC/Mac Key Card, English -- $39.99

49% off; similar item like the 51% off from two weeks ago. The product is fulfilled by Amazon. Shipping takes less than a week.
Rakuten only offer 1% cash back for software. Airmilesshop offers about the same amount with its 2x air miles.
If you have an ultra-thin portable laptop with a small SSD drive, the 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage might be useful for your safe storage.

12-month subscription for one person (choose Office 365 Home for two or more people)
1TB OneDrive cloud storage
Premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote* and Outlook; plus, Publisher and Access for PC only. (*Features vary; visit aka.ms/onenote-office2019-faq)
For use on multiple PCs/Macs, tablets, and phones (including Windows, iOS, and Android)
Collaborate on documents with others online
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2171 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
NetPython wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 11:44 pm
49% off; similar item like the 51% off from two weeks ago. The product is fulfilled by Amazon. Shipping takes less than a week.
Rakuten only offer 1% cash back for software. Airmilesshop offers about the same amount with its 2x air miles.
If you have an ultra-thin portable laptop with a small SSD drive, the 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage might be useful for your safe storage.

12-month subscription for one person (choose Office 365 Home for two or more people)
1TB OneDrive cloud storage
Premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote* and Outlook; plus, Publisher and Access for PC only. (*Features vary; visit aka.ms/onenote-office2019-faq)
For use on multiple PCs/Macs, tablets, and phones (including Windows, iOS, and Android)
Collaborate on documents with others online
I find it pretty hot it's only $1 difference then last time.
Nov 14, 2007
23 posts
2 upvotes
Can you install this on multiple systems?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1601 posts
1030 upvotes
Thanks, my subscription just ran out and I missed the sale last week so this makes up for it.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
117 posts
73 upvotes
hector66 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 12:28 am
One PC or MAC, plus one tablet. Multiple systems need the home edition.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2017
117 posts
73 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 12:42 am
Thanks, my subscription just ran out and I missed the sale last week so this makes up for it.
Same. I just got a new laptop and I have multiple old cloud services from my old systems. The bonus OneDrive will help me consolidating those old files.
Apr 16, 2019
256 posts
235 upvotes
Great deal. Even on Blackfriday/ Cyber Monday it wasn't that cheap. Wow!
Sep 11, 2011
536 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 1:07 am
I'm surprised that so many people are willing to pay every year for Office. No way.
This is essentially paying for 1TB of online storage. Taking a quick look at Dropbox, their 2TB plan is about $156CAD if paid upfront ($192 total if paid month-to-month), so for $40 here you get half that storage for 1/4th the cost. I believe Office 365 Home used to go on sale for $90, and that offers 5TB across 5 accounts.

Office is just an extra.
Dec 21, 2010
184 posts
106 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
hector66 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 12:28 am
Starting on October 2nd, Office 365 Personal and Home subscribers will be able to install the Office desktop apps on an unlimited number of devices
you must be the owner of all devices.
Your first likely step would be to install Office 365 on one of your computers. For that, you can go directly to the Office 365 subscription page for your Microsoft Account. Click the link to install Office and then click the Install button
Repeat those steps for each additional computer on which you want to run Office 365
Dec 21, 2010
184 posts
106 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
bought 3. good for 3 years Office and 1tb storage,
Will test outlook too.
Dec 8, 2017
280 posts
141 upvotes
Thanks, my other subscription had just expired. I didn't see any great deals during Black Friday, so this is perfect. Thanks OP!
Oct 20, 2015
94 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How do current subscribers benefit from this deal? The current subscription is set to automatically renew each year.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2378 posts
544 upvotes
London
dangdwn wrote:
Dec 16th, 2019 3:38 am
How do current subscribers benefit from this deal? The current subscription is set to automatically renew each year.
You buy a code, redeem it and it extends your sub by a year very simple.

The deal here is not really for office, like others have mentioned the 1tb cloud storage from a reliable provider like m$, and not some junk company offering a lifetime deal, is invaluable. How much irreplaceable data I've lost over the years due to external hard drive and USB drives that crapped out. But on my one drive there are still pictures from early 2000s uploaded from a digital camera to msn messenger.

The deal can be made even sweeter, too. There are loopholes to convert a personal sub to a home sub if you know where to look which means 5 office installs but more importantly 5tb cloud storage. Btw Plex had OneDrive integration so there's also that usage. If I could buy 10yrs worth I would but they only let you have 5