Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Warm - Invicta Pro Diver Automatic Titanium mens watch, $168.79

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 2:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Warm - Invicta Pro Diver Automatic Titanium mens watch, $168.79

I know, I know ... it's an Invicta, and this is a warm deal given the brand's reputation.

It has a hackable Seiko movement with hand winding and an exhibition case back. The titanium case and bracelet is what makes this watch a fairly good value.

A bit on the large side, but it is pretty light. Desk diving only, I would not trust the 200m rating even though it has a screw down caseback and crown.

An Orient Mako II or Ray II would be arguably better (I love my Ray II), but they haven't been under $200 for a while.
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Probably not safe for diving unless its ISO rated anyways, even if its 200m WR.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Average price for this watch is $181 according to 3 camels. So not a particularly huge sale (it's gone down as low as $120). As mentioned, I wouldn't trust it for diving. I'm not even sure I'd trust it to actually be titanium, lol. The NH35A movement in this bad boy is a decent one, though.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
randomroyalty wrote: I know, I know ... it's an Invicta, and this is a warm deal given the brand's reputation.

It has a hackable Seiko movement with hand winding and an exhibition case back. The titanium case and bracelet is what makes this watch a fairly good value.

A bit on the large side, but it is pretty light. Desk diving only, I would not trust the 200m rating even though it has a screw down caseback and crown.

An Orient Mako II or Ray II would be arguably better (I love my Ray II), but they haven't been under $200 for a while.
You should be able to trust the 200m rating for pool swiming, mexico beach trips etc. I think that's been proven for 8926's, I am sure this would be OK as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1593 posts
1791 upvotes
Vancouver
Orient divers were under $100 a couple of weeks ago
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
dicecube wrote: Orient divers were under $100 a couple of weeks ago
The black Ray II and Mako II did get below $100 but they must have had only one or two, like with the $116 rose gold Sun and Moon II (I got lucky and scored one).

Generally the low price points for Orient divers are on Black Friday and Prime Day.
Jun 8, 2012
625 posts
829 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the ss 8926 and love it. Paid $89 for it w Seiko movt.

Close enough to a 10k Rolex sub...1% of the price lol.
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
I bought and returned one of their Aviator watches for 110. Aside from the battery being dead , I wasn’t super thrilled with the craftsmanship. I think they’re sub 100 watches no matter what the movement is.
Feb 11, 2007
77 posts
96 upvotes
Turrono, eh!
I own one of these...have had it over 5 years. It gets worn around twice a week. It's extremely comfortable and it's all Ti. I have a bit of a Ti fetish, so I'm partial to the wonderful qualities of Ti. It's a looker and on the bigger side which is nice. I've gotten it wet multiple times but since I'm not much of a swimmer or diver, I can't speak to its integrity -for those of you who really do dive and are too cheap to buy a proper seamaster or submariner or pelagos.... (cheap shot entertainment for those who have read this far...)...The price seems okay too. Cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
weedb0y wrote: I'd pick it up for $118 as a TITANIUM beater
Titanium scratches too easily
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you're not a watch snob I think this is a great deal, I own a lot of cheap watches so I'm not hating on Invicta, it's good value!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
It's a good titanium watch with a Seiko hacking/handwinding movement, though I'd wait for the price to drop around $120 to make it hot. I own the 8926 and at 40mm that is a perfectly sized diver, this one has similar styling but the proportions are a little odd because the dial/hands are the same size while they made the case/bezel/bracelet larger. 22mm lugs vs 20mm on the 8926.

The only potential issue I can see this watch developing is the threads on the crown tube or crown stripping or cross-threading easily if they made those parts out of titanium. It will also pick up scratches since this isn't treated/hardened like citizen's duratect and Seiko's Diashield titanium, but titanium is somewhat self healing in that the scratches tend to oxidize and fade. Ti also makes almost any watch feel cheap since it's so light, but that's purely psychological.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DealCanuck wrote: Titanium scratches too easily
You can also use 'rubber/pencil eraser' to wipe the scratches!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
weedb0y wrote: You can also use 'rubber/pencil eraser' to wipe the scratches!
That defeats the purpose lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)