• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 10:34 pm
Nov 5, 2009
576 posts
229 upvotes
GTA
isgaard wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:37 pm
If anyone is thinking about buying the corded one, have a look at these instead:

https://www.amazon.ca/Oral-Breeze-Quick ... 000H68J2S/
https://www.banggood.com/Dental-SPA-Ora ... rehouse=CN
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nicefee ... 49255.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Ne ... 91461.html

I shelved my corded waterpik after buying the above.

1. No reservoir to refill
2. No noisy motor to listen to.
3. Doesn't have to be plugged into the wall, you can use it on a faucet that's not near a electrical outlet.
4. Doesn't take up counter space.
5. Super small to stow away, the whole thing fits in your typical small ziploc sandwich bag. All of the above are smaller than both the cordless and corded waterpik.

Overall, the products above are FAR superior compared to the waterpik concept.

The only reason why you would get the cordless Waterpik is if you travel a lot, and if you don't, then's no point of getting the cordless Waterpik.
I have the Oral Breeze and would buy a second if needed. No problem with pressure and lifetime warranty. I did have to replace my Chinese brand faucet due to thread incompatibility.

https://www.amazon.ca/Oral-Breeze-Quick ... 000H68J2S/
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1362 posts
1095 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Interested in the faucet attachment one but cannot find any video to compare the strength vs a waterpik...

I'd rather one strong
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4841 posts
1072 upvotes
Aurora
Any dentists out there? I'd like to know how effective is water flossing compared to good old fashioned string flossing (which I hate doing).
Temp. Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1412 posts
914 upvotes
The 6
DiceMan wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:52 pm
Any dentists out there? I'd like to know how effective is water flossing compared to good old fashioned string flossing (which I hate doing).
I am an anti-dentite. But my uncle is a oral and maxillofacial surgeon.

He swears by good old fashioned flossing. Only recommends waterpiks for the elderly & disabled.
Sep 20, 2003
316 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby
DiceMan wrote:
Use both. String floss first then waterpik. string doesn't get inside the gums as well. the pik doesn't get in the tighter spots where teeth touch as well.
Last edited by mc hammer on Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 29, 2007
388 posts
140 upvotes
What? You can use the Waterpik in the shower?
I'm in.
Jan 8, 2017
167 posts
92 upvotes
yattaman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:04 pm
Are your gums actually cleaned by this faucet pik? For example do you notice erm... debris getting out?
If you try traditional flossing after using the faucet pik, you can see if the pik truly did a good job cleaning.
I did this test repeatedly when I first got my waterpik because I didn’t trust it. I am a decent manual flosser but too lazy to do it daily because it’s more effort especially to get at the teeth near the back.

After using the Waterpik, I don’t get any debris on the floss. You can see all the junk stuck in your teeth and gums that is washed out by the Waterpik as it falls into the sink.

I feel like the tank capacity on the corded one is actually too much. You don’t need to sit there power washing each tooth for ages. Just run along the gum lines and between the teeth. Takes a minute or so max from both sides. Beating on your gums with high pressure water and then with the electric tooth brush isn’t doing any favours.
Nov 21, 2017
312 posts
126 upvotes
Surrey BC
Do these waterpiks do a good job of getting rid of plaque buildup. I use the floss picks and occasionally run the tip of my finger over my teeth to try and get rid of the nasty greasy plaque. If this product flosses and gets rid of plaque I'm sold.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4841 posts
1072 upvotes
Aurora
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
I am an anti-dentite. But my uncle is a oral and maxillofacial surgeon.

He swears by good old fashioned flossing. Only recommends waterpiks for the elderly & disabled.
mc hammer wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
Use both. String floss first then waterpik. string doesn't get inside the gums as well. the pik doesn't get in the tighter spots where teeth touch as well.
Thanks for the straightforward replies. Looks like I'll continue with the cheaper and more effective old fashioned way.
Jan 3, 2005
676 posts
47 upvotes
tomw wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:28 pm
Reviews state that you need to refill the tank couple of times each time you floss. That sounds like a pain.
I have this and you're right...it's a PITA. I can't wait to get a corded one with a full-size reservoir.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5104 posts
1151 upvotes
Kanata
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:04 pm
Why is it a pain to refill?

I don't mind if it's not too bad. I am more concerned with the battery.
It's not a pain to refill, it's just one might be lazy to do so if they run out of water. I feel that teeth are rather important to the day you die and I don't want to feel lazy about it. With the cordless one I wouldn't necessarily refill if it runs out but with the corded one I've learned to fill it up. When I started I never filled it to the brim and just ran it for a few seconds but now I know much to use. Cordless, I'm not sure if I'd put the effort to refill.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Dec 29, 2017
4 posts
DiceMan wrote:
After using the cordless water pick with the ortho-tip and still flossing daily, my gum pocket measurements went from 4-5 down to 2-3 after a year. My dentist was impressed. I have an older that uses 3 AA's batteries.