Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Wireless Car Mount Cellphone Charger $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2016 10:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6647 posts
1504 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Wireless Car Mount Cellphone Charger $29.99

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HBEY8Z0

A wireless cell phone charger and car mount in one. Your phone needs to be wireless charging capable. Regular price is $42.99. The quality seems decent and it charges my S7 pretty fast, although I've only had it two days lol
Last edited by Pr0metheus on Nov 16th, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
does it work for any phone or just Samsung?
sign by: someone
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
Strong enough to charge through an Otterbox Commuter on S7 Edge?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6647 posts
1504 upvotes
Ontario
daviiiiiid wrote: Strong enough to charge through an Otterbox Commuter on S7 Edge?
Not sure, I have a slim clear case and it works.
315 posts
341 upvotes
London
Lostwords wrote: does it work for any phone or just Samsung?

"standard Qi-enabled devices"
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3152 posts
1862 upvotes
Reviews look like "received discount for honest review" kind of deals but without the disclaimer.

Reviews on the amazon.com site indicate slow charging, and depleting battery when used with GPS. Suggestions to remove case for charging not promising either.

Looks very cool but not useful for me without real Quick Charge.

Edit: Arg, I ordered it anyways. Hahaha... I'll post back once I've had a chance to try it out.
Last edited by RubberCheese on Nov 16th, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Oct 19, 2016
25 posts
10 upvotes
I like the fact that it doesn't have to be permanently stuck to the car's dashboard. Does anyone know how well this stays in place? Any idea if this would work with an iPhone?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6647 posts
1504 upvotes
Ontario
PW7267 wrote: I like the fact that it doesn't have to be permanently stuck to the car's dashboard. Does anyone know how well this stays in place? Any idea if this would work with an iPhone?
It doesn't stick to my dashboard at all, and I have a Sonata with a grainy finish dashboard, maybe that's why? so I stuck it to the windshield with no issues.
Jul 4, 2016
30 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This car charger looks to have a nice design and for sure since it charges the cellphone wirelessly so it should be more comfortable to be used it in the car.
​--
Amin Esma., PhD, Jr. Eng.
Research Engineer
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Banned
Nov 8, 2016
66 posts
58 upvotes
Nice, i have prime so i can get it tommorow
i got a super thin case and one in my house charges it no problem so hope this does too
nice think about amazon is they take things back no questions asked if it doesn't
thanks for deal tip
Apr 12, 2013
727 posts
680 upvotes
BC
Great find, especially for the high power charger. previous offers have been for pathetic slow chargers. Thanks!
Dec 10, 2010
107 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks, I ordered one. Hoping for the best. My Otterbox, which I loved, randomly fell apart while I was driving. That was in August, and there was no phone in the holder at the time. I think the insane summer heat warped the plastic. I should see if its just a matter of screwing it back together, but in the meantime this one with a wireless charger will be a nice upgrade :D
Last edited by DealFiend on Nov 18th, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
AndrewBond wrote: Great find, especially for the high power charger. previous offers have been for pathetic slow chargers. Thanks!
Too bad the deals dead. Would still be nice, even though, YES it will be SLOW. Sorry to disappoint, but at 1.2A, highly doubt that this is considered a fast charger by todays smartphone standards.
BTW, as someone mentioned, the reviews were similar to those "honest review in exchange for product" ones. Amazon recently changed the rules, that this can't be done anymore, so now, you won't see that disclaimer. You used to have to put the disclaimer in, now the companies will still send you product, but your reviews can't contain that info... And look at the 2 5 star reviewers names... "Honest and professional reviews" and "The Perfect and Honest Reviewer"...

EDIT - Not sure exactly how it all works, it may be "quick" charge. 9V at 1.2A, means 10.8 Watts. I guess the normal wireless chargers, sometimes, only do 5W. To the OP, who already has his, have you ever run a charge evaluation app? Interested to see what the Average charge rate shows as. Ampere or Galaxy Charging Current are what I have used, just to see the difference between the normal chargers and the Fast Chargers.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Nov 18th, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 10, 2010
107 posts
26 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Too bad the deals dead. Would still be nice, even though, YES< it will be SLOW. Sorry to disappoint, but at 1.2A, highly doubt that this is considered a fast charger by todays smartphone standards.
Did you see my post 5 min before yours? I just ordered it. Did you get to check out and enter the coupon code?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
DealFiend wrote: Did you see my post 5 min before yours? I just ordered it. Did you get to check out and enter the coupon code?
Oh, sorry, I saw your post, but thought you meant you ordered on the 16th. I assumed it was a lightning deal. After reading the reviews and seeing the specs though, I don't think I'll be ordering.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3152 posts
1862 upvotes
For anyone still on the fence:

I bought this and received it today. It looks very well built, and comes with a detachable cigarette-lighter style charger which attaches to the mount with a standard USB to microUSB cable. This means you can use your existing cables or car chargers.

I did some testing with my Samsung S6. From 18%, if I plug the supplied cigarette charger directly to my phone, it gives an estimated 1h 11min to full charge (at approx. +1020mA). This is about the same as my other quick car chargers.
When using the wireless charger, it gives an estimated 2h 15min to full charge (at approx. +330mA).
In both cases, I had my screen on full brightness (which normally depletes battery at about 220mA).

I also found that I had to figure out the best place to put my phone in the dock to maximize charging speed. Having my case on or off surprisingly didn't affect charging speed.

I think the charger will be adequate to maintain a charge when using GPS.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)