Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Woods 59007WD In-Wall 30-Minute Decora Digital Countdown Timer $14.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 11:36 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
69 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Woods 59007WD In-Wall 30-Minute Decora Digital Countdown Timer $14.00

Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 17th, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
31 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4429 posts
545 upvotes
Scarborough
hanzala27 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 5:00 pm
Had big hopes for this post...
Was actually pondering getting a timer switch for the bathroom vent fan though, but now I'm wondering if I can find a "smart switch for it"
Instead of "hey google turn on the lights" would "hey google turn on the fan" work?
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7925 posts
4123 upvotes
ON
pnyknights wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 5:13 pm
Was actually pondering getting a timer switch for the bathroom vent fan though, but now I'm wondering if I can find a "smart switch for it"
Instead of "hey google turn on the lights" would "hey google turn on the fan" work?
Timers are nice because you set it and forget it, which is what happens most times with bath lights and fans. A smart switch won't remind you that you left it on, so if you tend to forget to turn things off a timer is more useful.
In my master I have a timer for the fan and a smart switch for the light and guess what, the light is almost always left on even though the smart switch has a light indicator showing its on/off.
A timer on the light isn't feasible as sometimes you spend more than 30min in the bathroom and you don't want the lights going off while you're in there .
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2856 posts
1228 upvotes
I have this switch connected to my bathroom fan. Paid about the same price back in 09/14. I think I would use a 20 minute setting if it had one, but other than that, it works perfectly.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2934 posts
1721 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
pnyknights wrote:
This sort of thing is great for people with handicaps, but I can't understand why anyone with normal mobility would need to tell Google/Alexa/Siri to turn the fan on in an average sized bathroom. It's not like you need to go far to actuate a physical switch.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1161 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
pnyknights wrote:
If using a smart switch, you may want to add a smart sensor for humidity that would auto turn on the fan and off at certain humidity levels.
Jan 9, 2010
51 posts
18 upvotes
Fort McMurray
you can always use a leviton smart switch and program auto shut off after say 10 mins for bathroom fan.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4429 posts
545 upvotes
Scarborough
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 8:20 pm
This sort of thing is great for people with handicaps, but I can't understand why anyone with normal mobility would need to tell Google/Alexa/Siri to turn the fan on in an average sized bathroom. It's not like you need to go far to actuate a physical switch.
Cause I'm lazy and I've already made myself into a human burrito during the winter months :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2609 posts
2872 upvotes
Will this work on a 3-way switch? Looks like my bedroom bathroom fan has a turn off switch downstairs as well. Guess the idea is to turn it off from the living room if you had it on !!
Items need gone fast:
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen - SOLD
Amazon Echo Input
Crib White
TV Stand
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4305 posts
902 upvotes
Wat
Thanks OP. Was waiting for this to go on sale, but now I'm thinking of using a smart switch instead. They can be set to turn off after xx minutes.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
14466 posts
1712 upvotes
Out west
How are these compared to Leviton. I had Leviton in my old house, same style. I need 4 for my new place. Im staying with these, I dont need a smart controler for the fan, just press it and forget it

I know for sure the fans are left on a lot, just due to not having the habit of turning them off
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7925 posts
4123 upvotes
ON
pnyknights wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:37 am
Cause I'm lazy and I've already made myself into a human burrito during the winter months :P
I would've thought it would come handy in emergencies when you run to the can with a turtle head touching cotton and forget to turn on the fan...