Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

WyzeCam 1080p HD Wireless Smart Home Camera v2 $37.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 6:41 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2017
10 posts
243 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] WyzeCam 1080p HD Wireless Smart Home Camera v2 $37.49

Amazon Canada is selling the Wyze Cam V2 (
WYZEC2)

$37.49

In stock on May 6, 2018
Last edited by TomRFD on May 3rd, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title
Thread Summary
pulsar123 wrote:
Before I forgot the details, here is how I made WyzeCam v2 work (with decent quality - I am getting ~30 fps at 1600x900 with audio) with iSpy using RTSP streaming and Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks.

1) Get the Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks package as a zip archive
2) Get the CFW-binary for WyzeCam v2 (it was called cfw-1.3.bin)
3) Format a micro SD card as FAT32 with the sector size = 4096 bytes (not the default 32k!)
4) Copy cfw-1.3.bin to the SD card, rename it to demo.bin . Make sure there are no other files on the card.
5) Power of the camera, insert the card, use a small flat screw driver to keep pressing the Setup button on the camera while connecting it to the power.
6) Keep pressing the button until the camera LED turns blue (from yellow). Then release the button. The blue led soon changes to solid yellow, and it stays like that for a while (a minute or two). If instead it starts blinking (yellow) almost right away, your firmware update didn't get through. Try to reset the card, or try another card. Out of my two cards, one worked, and one didn't.
7) If the update was successful, the yellow LED will stay on for a minute or two. Once it starts blinking and you hear the camera's clicking, disconnect the power.
8) Delete the demo.bin file from the card, instead copy there the whole unzipped Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks package.
9) As the Video setup part of the web interface seems to be broken, you edit the file on the card config/rtspserver.conf directly (rename it from rtspserver.conf.dist). If you used Windows editor (like wordpad) you'll have to run the file through utility dos2unix. Windows editors add ^M symbol at the end of each line, which doesn't work under Linux inside the camera.
10) The following settings inside config/rtspserver.conf worked well for me (customize user:password; keep the rest of the parameters as is):
RTSPH264OPTS="-W1600 -H900 -U user:password"
BITRATE=10000
FRAMERATE_DEN=1
FRAMERATE_NUM=25
AUDIOFORMAT=PCMU
AUDIOINBR=8000
AUDIOOUTBR=8000
FILTER=0
HIGHPASSFILTER=false
AECFILTER=false
11) Rename config/wpa_supplicant.conf.dist to config/wpa_supplicant.conf, and edit it - insert your WiFi parameters. (Then fix it with dos2unix.) I have WPA Personal using AES algorithm in my router, and the following worked for me:
ssid="your_ssid"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
group=CCMP
psk="wifi_password"
priority=2
12) Insert the card in the camera, power it up. You should see solid yellow soon turning to solid blue, then again solid yellow, and again solid blue. Soon after that the camera should be connecting to WiFi - check your router. The MAC address displayed will be the one printed on the foot of the camera. If instead of solid blue you get blinking yellow almost right away, the card is not being loaded. Try to reset the card, then change the card if it doesn't help.
13) Once the camera has WiFi, set up your router so that it will always get the same local IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.100) - based on the camera's MAC address.
14) Now you should be able to access your camera's web interface from your browser, using the static camera IP.
15) Now the iSpy part. Add a camera manually. As the video source, choose the "FFMPEG(H264)" tab. (You can also try the VLC tab, but it resulted in negative camera colors for me). The camera's address is rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.100:8554/unicast (customize it for your case). For the RTSP mode, choose "UDP" (it gave me the best quality). You can click "Use GPU" if you want - I have a modern fast CPU so I didn't need it, but the GPU option also worked for me.
16) Click the Test button. After a few seconds it should tell you the connection is okay. If not, then there is some issue. Try to test the same link in the VLC program - perhaps there is a problem with the link, with your firewall etc.
17) Click Ok, then click on the microphone link, choose New, then put the same rtsp link as before as the microphone source (again use FFMPEG tab). Click on Test button, it should say Ok.
18) Click Finish, then set Maximum framerate and When recording - I set both to 25.
19) Click Finish again, and you are all set - now you should be able to see the video stream in iSpy as a separate camera window, and the audio stream should also work. Program the other staff as usual (motion detection areas, sensitivity etc.)

And here are the instructions for using the hacked WyzeCam (see the points 1-14 above) with the Android app IPcam Viewer:
1) Setup port forwarding in your router to redirect requests to the exterior facing port number you assigned to the camera (say, 1111) to the camera's local IP number (192.168.0.100 in my example) and the camera's RSTP port (8554)
2) In the app, click on Manage cameras, then add a camera (the + sign), then Generic URL as the camera type
3) Choose Model "Generic RTSP over UDP"
4) Type the URL as rtsp://your_domain:1111/unicast (customize to your case). You'll need a DDNS domain (your_domain) if you don't have a static ip (e.g. from noip.com). It should be "rtsp", not "rtsps" as the default suggestion from IPCam.
5) Type your video stream user name and password (not the web access credentials!)
6) Click on Test - after a few seconds it should say "Ok". Click on Save.
7) Now the video stream will be displayed in the main window. The Audio also seems to be working (to be verified) - only the listening mode.
1713 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4610 posts
9040 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
seems to be a fairly regular price according to Cx3
Oct 2, 2012
465 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the Arlo Q and I'm happy with it. Mind you I paid a LOT more for the Arlo ... I wonder if this comes close and is therefore a better deal?
Sep 5, 2007
324 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you OP. I've been waiting for this camera to become available again for a while.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
Prices gone up a lot? I thought these use to be under $20?
---
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5077 posts
2788 upvotes
Edmonton
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: What is the difference between V1 & V2 ?
I was looking to see about IFTT support, and found some discussions on V2 supporting IFTT shortly.

I dont see a version on this one, or I'm just blind? :)
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10161 posts
11207 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Prices gone up a lot? I thought these use to be under $20?
$20 USD, plus shipping if you order from the US site (which doesn't ship to Canada. In the end it's a fair deal at $37 on amazon.ca
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Prices gone up a lot? I thought these use to be under $20?
They were $20USD plus shipping.. amazon.ca works out to be a little more than purchasing from amazon.com/wyzecam.com but saves you the hassle of having to cross the border to get them. I forgot the price difference but i think when i calculated it, it was less than a $5CAD difference (per camera).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4199 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
U4IA wrote: I was looking to see about IFTT support, and found some discussions on V2 supporting IFTT shortly.

I dont see a version on this one, or I'm just blind? :)
Model #: WYZEC2
Dec 27, 2011
664 posts
542 upvotes
AB
Is it only if you use the cloud storage that it records a 12 second clip when motion is detected? Is there any way to extend this time?

With an SD card does it record just record nonstop regardless of motion?

Really intrigued by this as I was considering the ring security camera but this is much cheaper and not subscription based.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks for the info hmm Interesting. I assume they require SD's for each one I buy to use fanghacks?

I think I like to setup 4-6 Cameras and use http://blueirissoftware.com/details/

I still want to find 1-2 Outdoor Camera's too but their so expensive. Maybe I will have to get use to Windows Only lol
---
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10161 posts
11207 upvotes
gyu138 wrote: Is it only if you use the cloud storage that it records a 12 second clip when motion is detected? Is there any way to extend this time?

With an SD card does it record just record nonstop regardless of motion?

Really intrigued by this as I was considering the ring security camera but this is much cheaper and not subscription based.
The 12 sec cloud is fixed, no option to change it. In addition there is a "dwell" time after an event, so if you have events closely spaced the second won't trigger and won't be recorded to the cloud.

The SD card can either record events or continuous. I recommend continuous, always.

I have 2 of the V1s and they are absolutely fantastic, highly recommended.
Dec 27, 2011
664 posts
542 upvotes
AB
repatch wrote: The 12 sec cloud is fixed, no option to change it. In addition there is a "dwell" time after an event, so if you have events closely spaced the second won't trigger and won't be recorded to the cloud.

The SD card can either record events or continuous. I recommend continuous, always.

I have 2 of the V1s and they are absolutely fantastic, highly recommended.
Thanks! It takes micro SD right? What size GB would you recommend?

Also even with recording events on SD card, is it limited to that same flaw as the cloud (12 seconds only, dwell time if events closely spaced)?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4199 posts
2126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gyu138 wrote: Thanks! It takes micro SD right? What size GB would you recommend?

Also even with recording events on SD card, is it limited to that same flaw as the cloud (12 seconds only, dwell time if events closely spaced)?
I have 32gb and set it to records only on events, it never got full so far
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
gyu138 wrote: Thanks! It takes micro SD right? What size GB would you recommend?

I think it supports up to 32gb
i have this one as recommended by other RFD'ers for continual recording https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00V5Q ... UTF8&psc=1
never had a problem with it!
Dec 27, 2011
664 posts
542 upvotes
AB
boldventure wrote: I have 32gb and set it to records only on events, it never got full so far
If you record events on SD card, is it still only for 12 seconds?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)