Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

WyzeCam 1080p HD Wireless Smart Home Camera v2 $37.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 6:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2443 posts
3164 upvotes
repatch wrote: You're right, but I'm pretty sure the rain getting in the microphone port, around the lens, up through the bottom grills of the camera probably will "hurt" a bit?
This housing is definitely not waterproof. That is why I placed it under eavestrough. It does provide some protection and is specifically designed for this camera (spec wise).
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
It's still in stock
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
repatch wrote: You're right, but I'm pretty sure the rain getting in the microphone port, around the lens, up through the bottom grills of the camera probably will "hurt" a bit?
Sorry, probably should have used a smiley icon after my post.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10208 posts
11270 upvotes
JAC wrote: Sorry, probably should have used a smiley icon after my post.
Woops, my bad, obviously didn't realize you post was in jest. Sorry about that.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm actually looking to use this in multiple commercial locations across southwestern Ontario. Your suggestion to go with the Arlo Pro / Pro 2 might just do it. I need inside/outside day/night video. I'm also looking to avoid excessive electrical trouble, and I'm thinking the solar panel add-on will do the job along with the amazing battery life.
I found this kit in my local Costco. Seems almost the same as the Arlo Pro 2:

https://www.costco.ca/Lorex-HD-1080p-Wi ... 86268.html
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2684 posts
1403 upvotes
Woodbridge
How many days off continuous recording do you get with a 32gb card?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: I found this kit in my local Costco. Seems almost the same as the Arlo Pro 2:

Costco has great warranty, unfortunately this device doesn't quite do it. It appears to be an inferior version of the Arlo.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
krazykanuck wrote: I found this kit in my local Costco. Seems almost the same as the Arlo Pro 2:

You are probably better off buying arlo pro, which sometime go on sale sub $400 (for 2). Arlo pro 2 also goes on sale for around $450 or so ($850 for 4 every few months). Note a lot of stores carry 2 packs so its often on sale somewhere (LD, Visions, canada computer, even some small computer stores).

At the end of the day, Arlo isnt cheap but if you are looking for outdoor wireless, it probably will still cost you less in the long run due to needing to replacd the cheaper alternative multiple times before an arlo dies. The same logic for buying a better router instead of a cheaper.
Feb 11, 2015
84 posts
4 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
dubber wrote: Anyone interested in buying 3 used wyze cam, all installed indoor?
I still have the box and everything that comes with it.

I bought 4 in total from US and selling 3.

Reason for selling is I want to upgrade. This was an impulse buy.

Sorry forgot to say they're v2 with the latest firmware that was updated last week Friday. (Friday 13th)
PM me if you're interested.

Selling for $20.00 flat each. Non-negotiable.

Located at the corner of Yonge and Steeles.
Sold!
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6695 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
engmsf wrote: So I'm thinking of buying 4 of these, 2 for me and 2 for my parents.

Can we set something up like this, where my account with Wzye can see all 4 cameras and my parent's account can only see 2 cameras?

If not, and I'm the primary account for all 4 cameras, how many people can I share this with? Wife and both parents? The sharing would be between Android and iPhone.

SD card, just to confirm that the latest firmware is still 32gb? Or can I get 64 or 128 for each camera?

Can the camera software do both continuous recording to SD card and motion detection at the same time? When motion is detected, I get a notification via email or SMS and review the SD video via the Android app?
Yes, can continuous record to card and get alerts for motion [12 second clips with about 5 min buuffer in between that get stored to cloud for 2 weeks].

Turn on push notifications and app will notify you for motion and/or sound if choose. Also for alarm alerts if choose. You can then view on app the 12 seconds cloud alert or the continuous recording on the card; just scroll to time of alert in playback.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5729 upvotes
dubber wrote: Sold!
damn ..i was late..i need them
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2002 posts
1465 upvotes
Before I forgot the details, here is how I made WyzeCam v2 work (with decent quality - I am getting ~30 fps at 1600x900 with audio) with iSpy using RTSP streaming and Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks.

1) Get the Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks package as a zip archive
2) Get the CFW-binary for WyzeCam v2 (it was called cfw-1.3.bin)
3) Format a micro SD card as FAT32 with the sector size = 4096 bytes (not the default 32k!)
4) Copy cfw-1.3.bin to the SD card, rename it to demo.bin . Make sure there are no other files on the card.
5) Power of the camera, insert the card, use a small flat screw driver to keep pressing the Setup button on the camera while connecting it to the power.
6) Keep pressing the button until the camera LED turns blue (from yellow). Then release the button. The blue led soon changes to solid yellow, and it stays like that for a while (a minute or two). If instead it starts blinking (yellow) almost right away, your firmware update didn't get through. Try to reset the card, or try another card. Out of my two cards, one worked, and one didn't.
7) If the update was successful, the yellow LED will stay on for a minute or two. Once it starts blinking and you hear the camera's clicking, disconnect the power.
8) Delete the demo.bin file from the card, instead copy there the whole unzipped Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks package.
9) As the Video setup part of the web interface seems to be broken, you edit the file on the card config/rtspserver.conf directly (rename it from rtspserver.conf.dist). If you used Windows editor (like wordpad) you'll have to run the file through utility dos2unix. Windows editors add ^M symbol at the end of each line, which doesn't work under Linux inside the camera.
10) The following settings inside config/rtspserver.conf worked well for me (customize user:password; keep the rest of the parameters as is):
RTSPH264OPTS="-W1600 -H900 -U user:password"
BITRATE=10000
FRAMERATE_DEN=1
FRAMERATE_NUM=25
AUDIOFORMAT=PCMU
AUDIOINBR=8000
AUDIOOUTBR=8000
FILTER=0
HIGHPASSFILTER=false
AECFILTER=false
11) Rename config/wpa_supplicant.conf.dist to config/wpa_supplicant.conf, and edit it - insert your WiFi parameters. (Then fix it with dos2unix.) I have WPA Personal using AES algorithm in my router, and the following worked for me:
ssid="your_ssid"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
group=CCMP
psk="wifi_password"
priority=2
12) Insert the card in the camera, power it up. You should see solid yellow soon turning to solid blue, then again solid yellow, and again solid blue. Soon after that the camera should be connecting to WiFi - check your router. The MAC address displayed will be the one printed on the foot of the camera. If instead of solid blue you get blinking yellow almost right away, the card is not being loaded. Try to reset the card, then change the card if it doesn't help.
13) Once the camera has WiFi, set up your router so that it will always get the same local IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.100) - based on the camera's MAC address.
14) Now you should be able to access your camera's web interface from your browser, using the static camera IP.
15) Now the iSpy part. Add a camera manually. As the video source, choose the "FFMPEG(H264)" tab. (You can also try the VLC tab, but it resulted in negative camera colors for me). The camera's address is rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.100:8554/unicast (customize it for your case). For the RTSP mode, choose "UDP" (it gave me the best quality). You can click "Use GPU" if you want - I have a modern fast CPU so I didn't need it, but the GPU option also worked for me.
16) Click the Test button. After a few seconds it should tell you the connection is okay. If not, then there is some issue. Try to test the same link in the VLC program - perhaps there is a problem with the link, with your firewall etc.
17) Click Ok, then click on the microphone link, choose New, then put the same rtsp link as before as the microphone source (again use FFMPEG tab). Click on Test button, it should say Ok.
18) Click Finish, then set Maximum framerate and When recording - I set both to 25.
19) Click Finish again, and you are all set - now you should be able to see the video stream in iSpy as a separate camera window, and the audio stream should also work. Program the other staff as usual (motion detection areas, sensitivity etc.)

And here are the instructions for using the hacked WyzeCam (see the points 1-14 above) with the Android app IPcam Viewer:
1) Setup port forwarding in your router to redirect requests to the exterior facing port number you assigned to the camera (say, 1111) to the camera's local IP number (192.168.0.100 in my example) and the camera's RSTP port (8554)
2) In the app, click on Manage cameras, then add a camera (the + sign), then Generic URL as the camera type
3) Choose Model "Generic RTSP over UDP"
4) Type the URL as rtsp://your_domain:1111/unicast (customize to your case). You'll need a DDNS domain (your_domain) if you don't have a static ip (e.g. from noip.com). It should be "rtsp", not "rtsps" as the default suggestion from IPCam.
5) Type your video stream user name and password (not the web access credentials!)
6) Click on Test - after a few seconds it should say "Ok". Click on Save.
7) Now the video stream will be displayed in the main window. The Audio also seems to be working (to be verified) - only the listening mode.
Last edited by pulsar123 on Jul 16th, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
It's nice, this camera start recording 2 seconds before the motion detection event happen..
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Anyone notice this?
It take 12 seconds of video when motion is detected , but won't take another one until 5 minutes have passed after the recent vid?
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
fonzy35 wrote: Anyone notice this?
It take 12 seconds of video when motion is detected , but won't take another one until 5 minutes have passed after the recent vid?
It’s only for their cloud service. You microSD (if you have one) will record every time there is movement. The last few days I pretty much recorded all day due to it being windy (trees/flower movement).
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6695 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
fonzy35 wrote: Anyone notice this?
That's by design.

If record continuously on sd card then can view alert thru playback.

If record alerts only then it will record minimum 1 minute on sd card or until no activity that causes alert [so alerts on sd card definitely > 12 seconds]
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
I got it set up to sd card, but i get 12sec, and then it wait 5 minutes for another motion detection..
It's weird, i'll look back into the setting
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
fonzy35 wrote: I got it set up to sd card, but i get 12sec, and then it wait 5 minutes for another motion detection..
It's weird, i'll look back into the setting
Dont goto notifications, goto the camera and video playback. Notification will only give you 12s but playback will playback everything recorded.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Paigne wrote: Dont goto notifications, goto the camera and video playback. Notification will only give you 12s but playback will playback everything recorded.
Thanks, got it now
Last edited by fonzy35 on Jul 16th, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Mar 23, 2013
124 posts
463 upvotes
Why do you need to install dafang hack for this camera?