Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Xbox One Wireless Controller - Blue $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2020 9:49 am
Nov 21, 2018
72 posts
24 upvotes
Get your controller from costco. If they break return them. Consoles and controllers didnt fall under electronics return policy last time I checked.(over 2 years ago)
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1461 posts
78 upvotes
WildCard12 wrote: Get your controller from costco. If they break return them. Consoles and controllers didnt fall under electronics return policy last time I checked.(over 2 years ago)
Are they also on for 49.99 ?
Search GamerzPlace on google for your gaming needs
Nov 26, 2016
152 posts
340 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: I won't buy another controller from Amazon either. [...] Microsoft only gives a 90 day warranty on Xbox One controllers. I bought one in the past and it broke after 3 1/2 months. [...]
I have bought a black wireless controller some months ago and the same happened to me. I unfortunately waited to use it and after some weeks, past the waranty date, the "RB" button became very hard to press to obtain a reaction. After several weeks and comprimed air to try to "clean" it, it began inexplicably to work again. I was about to open it. I cross my fingers.

If someone knows why, I would be interested to know, but my advice is to test a controller under the warranty period if you buy a new one. Also, prefer to buy a recent model, since there may be less chances of receiving a deffective or less advanced one.
Jun 21, 2003
297 posts
199 upvotes
Cinetiste wrote: I have bought a black wireless controller some months ago and the same happened to me. I unfortunately waited to use it and after some weeks, past the waranty date, the "RB" button became very hard to press to obtain a reaction. After several weeks and comprimed air to try to "clean" it, it began inexplicably to work again. I was about to open it. I cross my fingers.

If someone knows why, I would be interested to know, but my advice is to test a controller under the warranty period if you buy a new one. Also, prefer to buy a recent model, since there may be less chances of receiving a deffective or less advanced one.
The warranty doesn't start until you "activate" the controller and that happens when you first pair it with your console.

Login here with your Xbox email and enter the serial number of your controller to check if it's eligible.
Nov 21, 2018
72 posts
24 upvotes
harryt wrote: Are they also on for 49.99 ?
Sometimes they are. Not sure about right now though. But $50 for a controller that lasts 3 months vs $60 for one that lasts forever, I choose $60
Feb 17, 2009
52 posts
15 upvotes
Sort of off topic but has there been any sales on Switch pro wireless controllers recently? $90 is just too crazy.
Mar 24, 2003
602 posts
141 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: I won't buy another controller from Amazon either. They only accept returns within 2 months of the purchase and Microsoft only gives a 90 day warranty on Xbox One controllers. I bought one in the past and it broke after 3 1/2 months. How long is Walmart's warranty if you buy the device protection? What's covered and not covered for controllers?
curious to know Walmart protection details as well
Mar 14, 2012
334 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Nolan wrote: curious to know Walmart protection details as well
Yeah, me too. Do we return it at Walmart if there are any issues or would we have to ship it back somewhere?
Would they take it back if the thumbpad is non-responsive or the controller has to be either dead or stuck at a direction (one of mine is stuck at the right position)?
Thanks

On a completely different note, would the wired pdp or A1 ones at Walmart more durable.
I just need a controller that is more durable than the black ones I have. Tempted to get a PS4 one with adapter at this point.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9868 posts
4500 upvotes
Not bad hoping for a couple of the others to drop.

So i collect them so if i dont pair them that means my warranty never starts until id pair them? Someone above mentioned that.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Aug 26, 2011
359 posts
124 upvotes
The recent AC games that use RB as melee have broken two controllers lmao, otherwise haven't had a controller fail on me yet.
Koodo 6GB/40$ :twisted:
Banned
Dec 29, 2019
55 posts
11 upvotes
The batteries hold charge for a long time, have no issues with those.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2189 posts
440 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
anyone recommend a bluetooth adapter to be able to use this controller on a windows 7 or 10 pc? (or does one come in the box?) or, can my old usb dongle be used from my original xbox controller for windows?
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Mar 14, 2012
334 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Fyi, don't get the black one with the thumbpad with the circle around it. Mine that came with the Xbox One X just died yesterday. It randomly shuts off by itself and their was smoke coming out of it. Used to work fine with the Panasonic Enerloop batteries until last night. My other one that was bought before my Xbox One X, same model is stuck going to the "right direction". Any recommendations? Thank you.