Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

XCSOURCE 5000 Lumen LED Bicycle HeadLight - 9.99 (No tax) [Sold Out]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 5:39 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
A LOT of stupidity in this thread

I have sold around 5 of these and still have 2 that I use every day around the house...

/This is definitely a lower grade of the common $10/ $11 one from China
ALTHOUGH that doesn't include batteries
It does feature a very valuable back of head light to protect you from being run over some night.

This is the better version
http://www.tmart.com/XM-L-3-T6-10W-3-Mo ... wAod1k4D0g
$17.93 CDN with free shipping

/people who whine about 18650 batteries are TOTALLY CLUELESS

They are the best!!
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
speedpower wrote: True. High output Li-on batteries are dangerous, at least with plastic case next to your brain.
Most safer headlamps will choose 3xAAA batteries instead.
Ya, almost bought this but I prefer AAA like our 3 other headlamps that use rechargeables. I should have bought more when they were on sale at HD or clearing out at Costco. Great to have for working around the house, blackouts, camping, night riding.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I have this one and it's BRIGHT!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I bought 2x of the RJ02, appears decent, CHEAP for a single cell 18650 headlamp
Do use branded, protected 18650 cells from LG, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, etc.

www gear best dot com/headlights/pp_251155.html
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
I have a bunch of dive lights I'll probably use these 18650's in and use my good batteries in the head light for biking.

Also, a real charger is a must (eg. the NITECORE chargers).

For those concerned about cheap 18650's.... you can pull open a lot of cheap portable external phone battery packs and get the same cheap 18650 batteries.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The RJ02 have a proper TP4056 charging IC with CC/CV and proper termination, just plug in a microUSB cable to charge it :)
Nov 14, 2014
276 posts
353 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Those LED chips can't output that many lumens even if you set them on fire and 4000mAh 18650s have not been invented yet.
This is fake chinese garbage.
That said you should get 500-1000 lumens and the batteries are about as safe as an exploding hoverboard
Honestly, what isn't made in China nowadays. If you want anything of quality and not from China for these kind of gadgets, then you wouldn't be looking at the $10s, $20s, or even $30s price range.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32143 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
HachiB901 wrote: Honestly, what isn't made in China nowadays. If you want anything of quality and not from China for these kind of gadgets, then you wouldn't be looking at the $10s, $20s, or even $30s price range.
In subsequent replies i have stated you can get legitimate non fake products from china, but this is not a safe to use product

The light will not have the claimed lumens. Thats small potatoes even though your being scammed

The batteries can explode. They are a no name battery and there is no proof the charger is a proper CV/CC charger, i have personally tested chinese "chargers" that are straight 5V USB to the battery. This can cause charging or delayed explosion. The batteries if they have no internal safety features, are over discharged or overcharged can explode.
Lets not forget hoverboard and Samsung cell phones on the news in the recent past. The hoverboards typically used this type of counterfeit battery, and even Samsung made mistakes that led to phones burning and recalls. Lithium ion is a dangerous technology, that risk can be managed through best practices and proper construction, but this is not it.
You can buy a light with non lying specs and buy name brand batteries (Panasonic, Sanyo, LG, Sony, Samsung) and charge with a proper charger and your good to go, your risk of harm is minimal. This is an explosion waiting to happen.

So in conclusion you can buy smart or you can buy flame prone garbage (this product)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Nov 14, 2014
276 posts
353 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: In subsequent replies i have stated you can get legitimate non fake products from china, but this is not a safe to use product

The light will not have the claimed lumens. Thats small potatoes even though your being scammed

The batteries can explode. They are a no name battery and there is no proof the charger is a proper CV/CC charger, i have personally tested chinese "chargers" that are straight 5V USB to the battery. This can cause charging or delayed explosion. The batteries if they have no internal safety features, are over discharged or overcharged can explode.
Lets not forget hoverboard and Samsung cell phones on the news in the recent past. The hoverboards typically used this type of counterfeit battery, and even Samsung made mistakes that led to phones burning and recalls. Lithium ion is a dangerous technology, that risk can be managed through best practices and proper construction, but this is not it.
You can buy a light with non lying specs and buy name brand batteries (Panasonic, Sanyo, LG, Sony, Samsung) and charge with a proper charger and your good to go, your risk of harm is minimal. This is an explosion waiting to happen.

So in conclusion you can buy smart or you can buy flame prone garbage (this product)
I understand what you are saying, but what I'm saying is that this might not be a deal for you but it might be for other people (who would like to risk it). And also your mindset (of this product) defeats the purpose of RFD. People are looking for deals, not safety 1st, at least that wouldn't come to mind first for the most of us.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32143 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
HachiB901 wrote: I understand what you are saying, but what I'm saying is that this might not be a deal for you but it might be for other people (who would like to risk it). And also your mindset (of this product) defeats the purpose of RFD. People are looking for deals, not safety 1st, at least that wouldn't come to mind first for the most of us.
Right, so your defending products that can burn down people's houses and kill them or family members (or disable them for life).
If this were a plug into the wall product it would be illegal in Canada, since its USB it may or may not be legal, and that can also mean your insurance can say this is not covered, your burned down house is on your dime.
Legitimate 18650s are not expensive if your willing to look into legitimate ones, under $10 each.
There is a difference between a deal and Russian roulette :facepalm:
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The model is RJ-3000, as per http://budgetlightforum.com/node/34507
Looks like it only has a single unmarked IC which must be the driver, unless it's in the back but it looks like a single sided PCB

So do use protected branded 18650 cells and an external charger from a reputable brand PLEASE.

Compared to the RJ-02 http://budgetlightforum.com/node/48353

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)