[Amazon Canada] Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam $59.99 Cdn with Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 3:32 pm
Oct 10, 2010
77 posts
30 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:46 pm
I've bought many things from gear best. Make sure you use GCR or ebates for more off.
I always do the free shipping, but it does take a while. If anything is damaged during shipping they are very good for refunding or sending out new stuff. A couple times stuff has taken very long, so they send out another shipment and eventually I received both.
What's the difference between Gear best and AliExpress, DH Gate, etc?
Jan 20, 2013
430 posts
58 upvotes
Woodbridge
potentpotable wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:01 am
What's the difference between Gear best and AliExpress, DH Gate, etc?
I can give you a quick comprising. If everything goes smooth, most likely no differences, where you would get. if the problem arises, then.....
Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon are someone in the middle between you and seller. They do care about service quality. I was buying from different places. If you have a defective item with the item while you purchased let's say from eBay, first you contact the seller. usually, the seller either offer you a new one or give you refund. If you are buying from ********, it starts: send me a picture, then some other proof, then something else. The last items I purchased from ********, it was overheating while charging issue. Send them a video proofing overheating!!! ok, I have a thermal scanner, but is it normal? And responses are very slow. Took over two months till they finally refunded me.
The last item I purchased from Tomtop - they completely ignored me. email replies were like meanless. After all, I contacted Paypal and they did refund me. Tomtop completely forgot about me.
I was buying from those places not once, but if there is a problem, you are dealing with a seller, big one, but seller. and seller sometimes does not care too much about image, mostly he cares about money, what is understandable. When you are buying from eBay (amazon, aliexpress etc) you have a middle man who cares about image and service. If I am not mistaken, at Aliexpress seller is getting his money just after I received an item, the item as described (I tried few limes to purchase cheap 18650 batteries, all fake ). I've heard ******** not bad if you have a problem, but my personal experience was not good.
Bottom line, IMO, if you can get it from big systems, like eBay, you are way more protected in case of any problem. once again, if everything is good, then probably no differences.
Hope it would help.

Edit, a lot of site names are starred **** by RFD, but you would understand the idea
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2205 posts
107 upvotes
hmmmm 69.99 now - damn you amazon pricing!
good thing I had it in my cart at 59.99 - bought and thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1001 posts
281 upvotes
Do you guys leave your dash cam in the car overnight or when you go into stores or remove them?

A few years ago I had a dash cam and just left it in all the time but shortly after had my window smashed and the camera stolen and have been afraid to get another dash cam. So i'm wondering if it is unlikely to happen again and I should just buy another one and not worry about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1133 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton
F#ck....should have put it in my cart lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7465 posts
5753 upvotes
Oakville
CantMissADeal wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:22 pm
Do you guys leave your dash cam in the car overnight or when you go into stores or remove them?

A few years ago I had a dash cam and just left it in all the time but shortly after had my window smashed and the camera stolen and have been afraid to get another dash cam. So i'm wondering if it is unlikely to happen again and I should just buy another one and not worry about it.
That's partly why I only use cheap cams, nothing over $50. Though that doesn't save you from a broken window. Hopefully thieves can tell the difference between a $50 one and a $200 one.
Dec 15, 2017
24 posts
9 upvotes
DeeWayne wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:55 am
Shit...I bought Pruveeo F5 Full HD 1080P Dash Cam with WiFi off amazon last week. You guys think this is better?
I see the Yi cam get recommended as a best value cam a lot of the time. A quick search for Pruveeo resulted with topics of either people complaining about it, or people saying they bought it since it was discrete and didn't care about the video quality.
Nov 22, 2017
111 posts
55 upvotes
jchan1985 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:12 pm
hmmmm 69.99 now - damn you amazon pricing!
good thing I had it in my cart at 59.99 - bought and thanks OP
Ditto, had it in my cart for $59.99.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1022 posts
572 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Question about Xiaomi...
Are they a reliable brand that is simply somewhat unknown to a lot of people in North America? Kinda like Huawei
or
Are they a "knockoff brand" that makes a lot of low quality stuff that is a hit or miss? Like most of the stuff you'd find on AliExpress
Oct 19, 2012
146 posts
60 upvotes
Montr
I picked this up the other day, I didn't know if it was a great deal or not I just didn't want to deal with waiting months by buying from China. I figured $60 for a dash cam was pretty good. Really easy to set up, and I finished tucking away the cable today, now i Just need a deal on a 64 gb card, I have a 32 in there now
Aug 24, 2006
512 posts
145 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:35 pm
Question about Xiaomi...
Are they a reliable brand that is simply somewhat unknown to a lot of people in North America? Kinda like Huawei
or
Are they a "knockoff brand" that makes a lot of low quality stuff that is a hit or miss? Like most of the stuff you'd find on AliExpress
Quality brand they just haven't expanded into north America yet.
Dec 15, 2017
24 posts
9 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:35 pm
Question about Xiaomi...
or
I've had their piston earbuds and powerbank for ~4 years now, and they are still working great. Probably can sum them up as a solid value brand.
Dec 6, 2008
376 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond
bought this from lightinthebox when it was 50 bucks all in (mid december) but i have yet to receive it lol

jan 12 is the target delivery date so i'll give em the benefit of the doubt
i got 99 problems but PM'ing ain't one ;)
May 31, 2007
236 posts
121 upvotes
If a 10$ difference is enough for anyone not to buy it from the 59.99$ price, should you even be buying one in the first place? Seems like your money could be beyter spent elsewhere.