Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Xiaoyi Yi Car DVR 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dash Cam $49.99 [Lowest Ever]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2018 7:58 pm
Nov 28, 2010
123 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 4:26 pm
The word accident means the collision was unavoidable...
Get a dictionary and look up the word accident, please.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8099 posts
7927 upvotes
asifnana wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 4:42 pm
so on days when its 40 plus with humidity, the unit still going strong?
Yes, ive had mine for 2 years going from -30 to +35 (not including humidity) and it has been working flawlessly
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4675 posts
757 upvotes
Toronto
Tzar469 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 6:07 pm
Get a dictionary and look up the word accident, please.
Ask Transport Canada and NHTSA. Thanks. Oh wait "Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collision Statistics."

As for an "accident" it's never an accident when people drive like idiots and say it wasn't preventable. Ask any person who has been injured or worse by a drunk/distracted driver's "accident." Idiocy is not a synonym for accident.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6073 posts
2151 upvotes
Calgary
Why is this in expired hot deals? The discount code B3JZTDYQ still works for me. Just ordered one, $49.99 plus tax.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8099 posts
7927 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 6:59 pm
Why is this in expired hot deals? The discount code B3JZTDYQ still works for me. Just ordered one, $49.99 plus tax.
I reported to the mods, they moved it back.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4144 posts
20 upvotes
Markham/GTA
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 8:37 am
this has a battery and no capacitor. You should never use a dashcam with a battery unless heavily guarded by the sun and heat (meaning you need to take it out with you each time and cannot do 24/7 recording).

You can read more about why here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/commen ... ging_time/ and an amazing in-depth analysis of dashcams here (same thread) https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/commen ... e/dmwx0dc/

Another example of a battery going bad (different camera, same idea): https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/commen ... a_battery/
Thanks for the heads up. Any recommendations for a better dash cam? Looking for one with permanent mount, front and rear camera. The really good ones seem to be $400+.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
4786 posts
1289 upvotes
Halifax
yoshim wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks for the heads up. Any recommendations for a better dash cam? Looking for one with permanent mount, front and rear camera. The really good ones seem to be $400+.
I am a fan of my mobius using a wide lens and stealth install (get the lens extension to achieve this). Mine is several years old, running 24/7 and no hiccups. You could get a better 2 camera setup, with mobius you would just get 2 of them. A dedicated 2 cam solution sometimes benefits from 1 card in the main unit. But one could argue, redundancy is better (using 2 cards in 2 machines).
Mar 2, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the deal. I purchased one for the front the last time this was posted and I mounted it with a magnet mount from Primecables. It's been amazing for the price. $50 is a steal. Thinking about buying one for the rear...
Jul 25, 2017
189 posts
49 upvotes
so this has wifi capability. so does that mean we can directly connect with our phones while not near the car to see video?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1370 posts
114 upvotes
Thanks OP, bought one for a Father's Day gift.
Oct 12, 2008
328 posts
323 upvotes
Markham
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 6:46 pm
Ask Transport Canada and NHTSA. Thanks. Oh wait "Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collision Statistics."

As for an "accident" it's never an accident when people drive like idiots and say it wasn't preventable. Ask any person who has been injured or worse by a drunk/distracted driver's "accident." Idiocy is not a synonym for accident.
If you're going to be pedantic, you should at least try to use the dictionary yourself.

Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=accident+definition

ac·ci·dent
ˈaksədənt/Submit
noun
noun: accident; plural noun: accidents
an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
"he had an accident at the factory"
synonyms: mishap, misadventure, unfortunate incident, mischance, misfortune, disaster, tragedy, catastrophe, calamity; technicalcasualty
"an accident at work"
a crash involving road or other vehicles, typically one that causes serious damage or injury.
"four people were killed in a car accident"
synonyms: crash, collision, smash, bump, car crash; More
informal
used euphemistically to refer to an incidence of incontinence, typically by a child or an animal.
an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause.
"the pregnancy was an accident"
synonyms: (mere) chance, coincidence, twist of fate, freak; More
the working of fortune; chance.
"my faith is an accident of birth, not a matter of principled commitment"

Accidents never meant unavoidable. It could mean it's unplanned and unintended, or something that happens by chance or without deliberate cause. The former is usually what people mean when they say car accident.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3146 posts
356 upvotes
GTA
Been using the cheap $10 dashcam posted a couple months ago here. No capacitor, also just a battery...no issues in extreme cold or heat. It's hardly legible, can't read plates and can't see anything at night. Gonna stick that one on the rear and use this one as primary. Thanks OP!
Koodo $49 - Unlimited Talk + Text + 6GB x3
Koodo $25 - Unlimited Talk + Text
Fido $19 - 200 Mins Talk + Unlimited E/W after 6PM + Unlimited International Text

AMEX Biz Plat 75K
AMEX Biz Gold 40K
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8099 posts
7927 upvotes
leg3nd wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 1:26 pm
so this has wifi capability. so does that mean we can directly connect with our phones while not near the car to see video?
Yes
Jun 30, 2013
112 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
Wizard1 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 7:57 am
Lowest price ever for this amazing DVR. Ive been using this one for the past 2 years with no issues. There aren't many car dvr's that do 60FPS

Based on other's reviews, this is the 3M tape version. My suggestion (if you dont want to leave a mess on your windshield) is to find a random glass screen protector that you dont use anymore, stick that to your windshield and the 3M tape to the other side. This will give you ease of removal and a good chance of reusing it (use hair blower to heat up glass and pry slowly)

Don't forget your favourite cashback site

Only C$49.99 for 【Each】 YI Smart Dash Cam offered by YI Technology Enter code B3JZTDYQ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

https://www.amazon.ca/YI-1080P60-Dashbo ... 01C89GCHU/

The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) - the most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms ensure safe driving by providing real time Lane Departure
Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed. Note: Requires 8 - 64GB Class10 or above microSD card, sold separately
Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
Built - in 2.7" TFT LCD widescreen and intuitive YI Dash Cam App - The interface features large buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition and intuitive operation. The product is certified by ISED with HIV No: YCS.1015.INT and Certificate No: 20436-YCS1015

See my review

Thank You Very Much

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)