Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
amazon.ca

Yi outdoor camera coupon to save 30CAD on amazonca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 11:25 am
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
Nah buy a 2mp Dahua Starlight varifocal turret instead t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶s̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ much better: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/dahua-2mp ... neup.14793

also a FoV of 110° is completly useless the PPI is too low. You can use a calculator like https://calculator.ipvm.com/ to give you an idea of the picture quality based on sensor size, fov, resolution etc.
Last edited by andersb on Jan 3rd, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1075 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
Only good to 5°F / -15°C
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Jimboski wrote: 1080p 20 fps.. Is that sufficient for an outdoor camera?
I have a few indoor ones pointing out the window and they are sufficient.
Wouldn't be able to see faces clearly, but enough to provide a detailed description of the the "guests".
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1325 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
icecoldman wrote: WYZE CAM FTW!!
I have the wyze pan cam and it sucks for sound. It keeps cliping sound, half the time the app crashes, other times it keeps searching for the camera.
Graphic Designer
May 26, 2009
173 posts
135 upvotes
Calgary
What kind of connection is it at the end of the cable? USB?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
karlanda wrote: What kind of connection is it at the end of the cable? USB?
USB.
Nov 12, 2009
570 posts
657 upvotes
I saw this offer last night but didn’t get it as there’s no support for IFTTT or Stringify
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Avenger wrote: That's more about people picking stupid passwords and falling for social engineering, not getting hacked as one typically considers as being hacked.
For each occurrence of user error there's about 1000 that have hard-coded master passwords, backdoors that phone home, and known vulnerabilities from 2006 that will never be patched.

Please only buy from trusted vendors. Yi is relatively new, but already their track record is piss-poor:
Yi IoT Home Camera Riddled with Code-Execution Vulnerabilities: https://threatpost.com/yi-iot-home-came ... es/138741/
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Jan 27, 2008
513 posts
211 upvotes
GTA
General question to you all, where do you run the wire to? I have an ext power outlet which would defeat its purpose and internally would be a far run. Trying to figure out how I can hardwire it to the motion detector pre-mounted near my entrance area. Wondering how you guys are doing it
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
No matter how good is your password, it is just a matter of time finding it out. Of course, the longer the password with a different combination of characters, the better. However, the important of the video points out that you need to set the 2nd level authorization. It means using your phone to authorize any modification or actions is more secure.
Avenger wrote: That's more about people picking stupid passwords and falling for social engineering, not getting hacked as one typically considers as being hacked.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I would suggest not going for cloud based Chinese cameras, you never know if anyone is sniffing those packets...

I’ve been doing some research lately and probably going to pick up cameras from Amcrest instead, which are rebranded Dahuas.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
I think this model does not have hacked firmware.