Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater | Scene Enabled - INOVELLI - $29.96

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 3:23 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1104 posts
144 upvotes
For the Inovelli pros here, is the noticeable lag to toggle the relay normal? I am used to the instataneous on/off with my old manual switch. I didn't time it but it feels like up to a second between toggling the switch and actually turning it on/off?

This may help someone who's doing it for the first time like me. I couldn't get it to pair with SmartThings didn't matter what I did - auto inclusion, manual inclusion, exclusion and finally I switched over to the Classic app and it worked.
Mar 23, 2017
87 posts
52 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 10:39 am
Any reason why you didn’t stick with one brand? Which ones do you find better? GE or Zooz?
Cost reasons, just bought whatever was cheapest.

The GE feels more substantial but the Zooz was easier to install for a 3 way. I think my Zooz one has a bit of a hum that I didn't notice when I had just the GE ones (you can only hear it if you are like a foot or closer to it sometimes).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30321 posts
4920 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Snowcrash01 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 2:08 pm
Cost reasons, just bought whatever was cheapest.

The GE feels more substantial but the Zooz was easier to install for a 3 way. I think my Zooz one has a bit of a hum that I didn't notice when I had just the GE ones (you can only hear it if you are like a foot or closer to it sometimes).
I stuck with the GE ones. Had to sell a kidney to pay for all the switches.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8588 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Zooz and Inovelli confirmed it's made by the same manufacturer, firmware apparently different and the Zooz have non interchangeable paddle.

From https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation ... _inovelli/

To the the guy that said it broke after clicking too many times, it's possible it's in relay disabled mode:

Tap 6x Up = Activates Inclusion or Exclusion
Tap 6x Down = Activates Inclusion or Exclusion
Tap 8x Up = Disables Relay (Local Control)
Tap 10x Up = Disables or Inverts LED Indicator

Tap 10x Down = Invert Switch (Up = Off, Down = On)

May be safer to use down for inclusion mode, 10x will just invert the switch lol
Aug 21, 2006
3 posts
1 upvote
Can anyone that has these installed confirm they work with any "Dimmable" LED bulb and not just the model numbers listed? I'm having a really hard time finding any of those exact model numbers listed on the product listing.
Jul 12, 2008
125 posts
14 upvotes
I just hooked up the dimmer switch to hubitat. Works great. In a nearby location I have a Leviton dimmable switch installed.

Both are hooked up to eight Luminus GU10 LED bulbs I bought at Costco about 1-1/2 years ago.

The Leviton hums
The inovelli does not hum at all from 10% to 100%.
YMMV

Also I really like how you press & hold up or down to dim instead of using a separate toggle to dim. It Just feels intuitive and the fact these look like regular non dimming switches.

I haven’t tried any scene modes yet. So far after a couple days use, I really do like them. They look exactly appearance wise to the Zooz switches with identical blue emitting light. Perfect for me since I have Zooz switches installed as well.

Of the three switches I have (inovelli, Zooz, Leviton) , Leviton is my least favourite at this time. These levitons need a firmware update to report proper status update. Only way to update them is to buy a third party software. I’m holding out for a bit to see if there is a free way to update firmware.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8588 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jon_b wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 7:54 pm
Can anyone that has these installed confirm they work with any "Dimmable" LED bulb and not just the model numbers listed? I'm having a really hard time finding any of those exact model numbers listed on the product listing.
I've tested various bulbs I have, all of them achieved full dimming range I would say, some bulbs does buzz others don't.

Fully dimmable, no buzz:
EcoSmart filament LED 4.5W (40W) 470lm 2700k deco med base, discontinued (some flickering at <5%)
Feit Electric 9.5W 800lm 3000k A19 OM60/830/LED (best performing)
Luminus 8W 480lm old silver bulbs P-L1113T2, discontinued
Philips 9W 800lm 3000k 920001969B (old stock, new box has different bulbs https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.led- ... 59211.html)

Fully dimmable, some buzzing (usually between 30-70%)
Noma 8.5W 810lm 3000k sku 399-6009-6 (YMMV, special buy item, made by KEYSTORE, many manufacturers)
Bazz 10W 800lm 2700k BA1910EZ

Dimmable but buzzing
Luminus Elite A19 10W 800lm 3000k CRI 90 sku 1406733, model PLZ1323T4
Bazz 7W 480lm 2700k BA1907EZ

So I would buy some LED bulbs from a store you can easily return to in case they are not compatible.

Inovelli recommends Philips (I find that with each new revision over the years, the bulbs get cheaper and cheaper, lower CRI, less dimmable and shorter warranty...YMMV), GE and Cree for compatibility but try whatever suits your need and price point.
Dec 13, 2005
333 posts
26 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
anyone using the inovelli switch as a 2 way setup?
I installed the switch where the line/load wires are and everything thing seems to work well but i dont believe the regular standard switch (non inovelli) knows when the power is turned off from the inovelli switch and vice versa.
Jan 5, 2003
215 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
crustydragon wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 2:06 pm
For the Inovelli pros here, is the noticeable lag to toggle the relay normal? I am used to the instataneous on/off with my old manual switch. I didn't time it but it feels like up to a second between toggling the switch and actually turning it on/off?

This may help someone who's doing it for the first time like me. I couldn't get it to pair with SmartThings didn't matter what I did - auto inclusion, manual inclusion, exclusion and finally I switched over to the Classic app and it worked.
I also noticed the 1 second lag at the toggle. Once I Installed the SmartThings device handlers the lag was almost gone.
Great deal! Thanks OP! The non dimmer version is still on sale for $29.96.

Rice
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8588 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Lag could be due to the scene feature, fw update and or custom parameter will let you adjust that.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1104 posts
144 upvotes
RiceKing wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 4:47 pm
I also noticed the 1 second lag at the toggle. Once I Installed the SmartThings device handlers the lag was almost gone.
Great deal! Thanks OP! The non dimmer version is still on sale for $29.96.

Rice
Thanks! Going to give that a try!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1104 posts
144 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 4:52 pm
Lag could be due to the scene feature, fw update and or custom parameter will let you adjust that.
I don't think it's scene because the switch in question is on/off without scene feature.

How do you do a fw update yourself?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1680 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
what's the difference between the Smartthings Smart Home Hub ($149 on amazon) or the Smartthings Hub V3 ($99)?

and I assume google home mini cannot act as a hub?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11804 posts
3797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chowder wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 2:36 pm
what's the difference between the Smartthings Smart Home Hub ($149 on amazon) or the Smartthings Hub V3 ($99)?

and I assume google home mini cannot act as a hub?
If you're talking about this one (https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-SmartThin ... B010NZV0GE) that's version 2 (2nd gen) of the Hub. And no, Google home mini cannot act as a hub.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8588 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Btw, looks like Inovelli are changing suppliers...no stock until March when new models releases.

Will no longer be made by the same manufacturer as GE and Zooz...for better or worst, supposedly with improved features.
Last edited by Daijoubu on Jan 8th, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.