Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater | Scene Enabled - INOVELLI - $29.96

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 3:23 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10658 posts
2892 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
chowder wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 2:36 pm
what's the difference between the Smartthings Smart Home Hub ($149 on amazon) or the Smartthings Hub V3 ($99)?

and I assume google home mini cannot act as a hub?
I don't think google speakers really act as a hub. Google itself is the hub. You give google your credentials for all of your wifi devices services and the speaker relays your commands to google which talks to the device services which controls your devices.

Or maybe I am wrong. Do google speakers support local control without giving up creds, via zwave, zigbee or Bluetooth?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10658 posts
2892 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Daijoubu wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:27 am
Btw, looks like Inovelli are changing suppliers...no stock until March when new models releases.

Will no longer be made by the same manufacturer as GE and Zooz...for better or worst, supposedly with improved features.
Interesting. Did they announce that or tell you? A friend might be interested in picking up a few more.

Installed mine in my garage. Works pretty well but kind of slow. I set up a robot in Wink so that when the garage entry door sensor opens, then the garage lights will come on. Takes anywhere from 2-6 seconds for the lights to come on. I tried turning them on directly from the Wink app and it's a little faster but not much. Granted I have a Wink gen1 so that might explain most of the slowness. But all my other switches are HomeKit (Leviton and Chamberlain) and they are much faster. Instant in some cases.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1230 posts
164 upvotes
ceredon wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:01 am
Interesting. Did they announce that or tell you? A friend might be interested in picking up a few more.

Installed mine in my garage. Works pretty well but kind of slow. I set up a robot in Wink so that when the garage entry door sensor opens, then the garage lights will come on. Takes anywhere from 2-6 seconds for the lights to come on. I tried turning them on directly from the Wink app and it's a little faster but not much. Granted I have a Wink gen1 so that might explain most of the slowness. But all my other switches are HomeKit (Leviton and Chamberlain) and they are much faster. Instant in some cases.
2-6 seconds lag time doesn't sound normal. I have it paired with SmartThings and it's less than a second once I manually trigger the switch.

How fast is it when you manually toggle the switch?

I found that after installing its own custom handler in ST it was a bit faster but that doesn't apply to you.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10658 posts
2892 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:30 am
2-6 seconds lag time doesn't sound normal. I have it paired with SmartThings and it's less than a second once I manually trigger the switch.

How fast is it when you manually toggle the switch?

I found that after installing its own custom handler in ST it was a bit faster but that doesn't apply to you.
Immediate from the physical switch.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8916 posts
1853 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Eric, the founder, wrote about it on Twitter when I and some others asked if they were getting anymore stock, hopefully they'll keep supporting these old models...
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10658 posts
2892 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:07 am
So must be the Wink hub?
I believe it is. As I said, it's Wink gen 1, which were notoriously slow. If I find a good deal on a 2 I'll pick it up. HomeKit is my main HA platform anyway, so I'm not overly concerned.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8916 posts
1853 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Try to run a z-wave network discovery.
The path may not be optimal and/or one of the repeaters are not working properly
Dec 20, 2018
14 posts
34 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:27 am
Btw, looks like Inovelli are changing suppliers...no stock until March when new models releases.

Will no longer be made by the same manufacturer as GE and Zooz...for better or worst, supposedly with improved features.
Hey, thanks for letting everyone know -- it's been quite the roller coaster and we're definitely excited about the change. In addition, we'll also be opening up an office in Canada around May so that we can better serve our friends to the north (I'm about 3hrs west of Windsor).

Anyway, I also wanted to clarify the manufacturers that GE/Zooz use -- GE actually is produced by Jasco, which uses a separate manufacturer as Zooz. So, by March, we all should be using different manufacturers, which hopefully increases the quality across the board as competition will heat up :)

Here's a sneak peek of the new design: https://imgur.com/L08CGab

A few features that it will have are:
  • RGBW LED Strip -- change colors to whatever you'd prefer the LED to be
  • Better Z-Wave module -- we likely won't be able to get the 700 Series as the developers are still learning it (we'll upgrade later in the year) but our internal Z-Wave module will be an upgrade from what was in our old device
  • Scene enabled (same as our current switches) -- but it will also have a "favorite" button
  • Notifications -- LED strip will blink a certain color based on an event (ie: if you're garage door is opened too long, it will blink red)
  • Config button -- this sounds lame, but it will help cut down on people messing up their switches by tapping too many times -- I've seen a few posts already here where I'm sure the internal relay was disabled by accident (instead of tapping 8x or 10x to change something, you'll have to hold down on the config button for 5 seconds and then do the tapping)
  • Better HUB Compatibility -- Right now HUB's like Wink cannot change parameters and take advantage of changing the ramp rate, dim level min/max, etc on our switches -- so, we'll have a few pre-defined ramp rate levels, min/max dim, etc that will be able to be set based on the config button
We're also working with SmartThings to make sure our product works out of the box with their HUB -- Right now it's Z-Wave so it works, but in some cases you'll need to install a device handler to get all the fancy features. More to come on this as we're meeting at CES to discuss further.

Anyway, thanks for the continued support and have an awesome day!

Eric
Founder | Inovelli
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1230 posts
164 upvotes
InovelliUSA wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:59 am
Hey, thanks for letting everyone know -- it's been quite the roller coaster and we're definitely excited about the change. In addition, we'll also be opening up an office in Canada around May so that we can better serve our friends to the north (I'm about 3hrs west of Windsor).

Anyway, I also wanted to clarify the manufacturers that GE/Zooz use -- GE actually is produced by Jasco, which uses a separate manufacturer as Zooz. So, by March, we all should be using different manufacturers, which hopefully increases the quality across the board as competition will heat up :)

• Better Z-Wave module -- we likely won't be able to get the 700 Series as the developers are still learning it (we'll upgrade later in the year) but our internal Z-Wave module will be an upgrade from what was in our old device
  • Scene enabled (same as our current switches) -- but it will also have a "favorite" button
  • Notifications -- LED strip will blink a certain color based on an event (ie: if you're garage door is opened too long, it will blink red)
  • Config button -- this sounds lame, but it will help cut down on people messing up their switches by tapping too many times -- I've seen a few posts already here where I'm sure the internal relay was disabled by accident (instead of tapping 8x or 10x to change something, you'll have to hold down on the config button for 5 seconds and then do the tapping)
  • Better HUB Compatibility -- Right now HUB's like Wink cannot change parameters and take advantage of changing the ramp rate, dim level min/max, etc on our switches -- so, we'll have a few pre-defined ramp rate levels, min/max dim, etc that will be able to be set based on the config button
We're also working with SmartThings to make sure our product works out of the box with their HUB -- Right now it's Z-Wave so it works, but in some cases you'll need to install a device handler to get all the fancy features. More to come on this as we're meeting at CES to discuss further.

Eric
Founder | Inovelli
Thumbs up to improving your products and in my case better SmartThings compatibility/support.

I couldn't figure out how to get it to pair with ST until I sent an email requesting support then I found out that it would only pair with the ST Classic app.
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
323 upvotes
Made in Canada
InovelliUSA wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:59 am

Eric
Founder | Inovelli
Nothing like keeping your customers informed! Thank you!
Apr 12, 2013
416 posts
309 upvotes
BC
Hi Eric, great to see you on here!

If I may ask a few quick questions I'm sure others will be interested in:

1. Will Canadian pricing be competitive?
2. Where will we be able to buy in Canada?
3. Any bulk pricing (Insteon sells at $33 cad in 7 packs)
4. Any issues/benefits with Hubutat?

I am 4 weeks away from first fix wiring our extension so it is crunch time for me on a decision, though I could wait till March for delivery.

PS I am abandoning my Insteon kit as they seem to be dead in the water for software and I regret buying into a closed system.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10658 posts
2892 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
One weird behaviour with the one switch I have: I have it set up to turn on the garage lights when the entry door from the house opens. This works (though sort of slow), but when I then try to manually turn off the lights with the switch it usually does not turn off the lights. I have to press the off button 2-3 times or some times wait 10-20 seconds or so and then press off before it actually turns off the lights. I have no explanation for this. If I turn on the lights manually, then turning them off works without a problem, I think. I say "I think" because at that point when I've tested, the light has already been turned on automatically and then turned off manually. So the fact that it then works manually (on and off) might be because it's been woken up. Anyway, puzzling behaviour.
Dec 20, 2018
14 posts
34 upvotes
Hey all,

Finally was able to get the dimmers up for sale on Amazon.ca. There's about 400 left and we're clearing them out for $24.96 CAD. They're the non-scene versions, but have some pretty cool features on them.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know!

Eric
Founder | Inovelli
Dec 20, 2018
14 posts
34 upvotes
AndrewBond wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:29 am
Hi Eric, great to see you on here!

If I may ask a few quick questions I'm sure others will be interested in:

1. Will Canadian pricing be competitive?
2. Where will we be able to buy in Canada?
3. Any bulk pricing (Insteon sells at $33 cad in 7 packs)
4. Any issues/benefits with Hubutat?

I am 4 weeks away from first fix wiring our extension so it is crunch time for me on a decision, though I could wait till March for delivery.

PS I am abandoning my Insteon kit as they seem to be dead in the water for software and I regret buying into a closed system.
Hey Andrew,

Sorry for the delay here! I wish I had some sort of system that notified me of all the websites I try to monitor.

Anyway, great questions! Please see answers below:

1) Of course :) - in fact, we plan on opening up a Canadian office to help us cut down on shipping costs and also better serve everyone (in the US, we're able to easily ship out tested replacements quick since most of USPS can reach the continental US in 2-3 days, whereas it takes much longer and is more expensive shipping replacements to Canada). Our pricing will be the same as the US (whatever the conversion rate is).

2) Once we get an office (likely May), you can buy via Amazon.ca, eBay, and Inovelli.com. We'll be offering them on Amazon.ca initially until we have an office.

3) Yes, we can offer bulk pricing once our website allows Canadian orders (we're in the process of securing Inovelli.ca) and we'll also be offering a loyalty program that will allow for special pricing

4) Not at all - we love Hubitat and our CTO uses it personally and has created drivers for all our products

Hope this helps!

Eric
Founder | Inovelli