Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater | Scene Enabled - INOVELLI - $29.96

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 3:23 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
1856 posts
495 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 5:05 pm
I'm still on the classic app and have yet been "invited" to migrate to the new smartthings account.
To be clear, I saw this on the "non-scene" one (the cheaper of the two the OP listed).

In for one scene switch - dimming function good for the back porch! Thanks OP
Feb 2, 2006
348 posts
102 upvotes
Nice post OP.

BTW, can the dimmer switch just be used as an on/off switch? I don't see a dimmer button on the switch so since they're the same price, I'd rather just order all dimmers and selectively enable/disable the feature depending on what it's controlling.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
26428 posts
12559 upvotes
Ottawa
Turge wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:29 pm
Nice post OP.

BTW, can the dimmer switch just be used as an on/off switch? I don't see a dimmer button on the switch so since they're the same price, I'd rather just order all dimmers and selectively enable/disable the feature depending on what it's controlling.
Dim using an app, which will require a hub.
Jun 2, 2017
51 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
Such a good price. They were regularly selling for 49 dollars for the one with the scene control (I have them always in my cart to look for price change on a daily basis) Bought a few right before the OP made the post!
Feb 2, 2006
348 posts
102 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:32 pm
Dim using an app, which will require a hub.
I have a smartthings hub. I just wanted to make sure it could be disabled since I don't want someone to be able to dim a bathroom fan for example.
Jul 14, 2008
268 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
Turge wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:29 pm
Nice post OP.

Yes you can. I was also not sure how it would work based on pictures, but it's very simple:
- A quick press on the top (bottom) part turns the light on (off)
- A long press on the top (bottom) part increases (decreases) intensity

Honestly, it works very well, super natural. I know people swear by the Caseta, but I find them harder to use than having a paddle system like Inovelli with what are in the end just two big buttons. Plus, it gels nicely with normal non-smart switches. Oh, and it's much cheaper... The only downside is that it requires a neutral, which means I can't install them everywhere in my 100-year-old house

Just get it.
Last edited by Turpentine on Dec 17th, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2014
477 posts
706 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Turge wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:45 pm
I have a smartthings hub. I just wanted to make sure it could be disabled since I don't want someone to be able to dim a bathroom fan for example.
I haven't read the specifications for this device, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be rated for use with an inductive load such as a bath fan.
Oct 16, 2006
134 posts
37 upvotes
Wow. Amazing price. Thank you! My wife will be livid.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
26428 posts
12559 upvotes
Ottawa
Turge wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:45 pm
blyndfyre wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 7:51 pm
I haven't read the specifications for this device, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be rated for use with an inductive load such as a bath fan.
Features & details
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Must have Neutral Wire for this to work -- please check your wiring prior to purchasing. DO NOT USE FOR: Ceiling or Exhaust fans
Mar 3, 2018
42 posts
26 upvotes
Does something like this work with HomeKit?
Dec 21, 2005
161 posts
61 upvotes
great price, i have a bunch of ZooZ ones working with smartthings, no scene control and aprox $45 to $50 at the time when i bought them.
This is a good price!
Dec 19, 2010
486 posts
94 upvotes
Great find OP! Picked up one dimmer and two non-dimmer. Considered getting all dimmers but there are some lights I can never see myself dimming (eg hallway) and didn’t want to mistakenly have someone dim these so didn’t make sense to pay additional $5 for it. Also I don’t think there’s a way to disable dimming functionality on the switch, if you’re thinking about it just get the standard on/off variant.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3631 posts
1198 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 6:46 pm
As an example with one of of the my "scenes".
At night at (X) pm, I have the following actions:
-all lights switches on the main floor turned off (even if already off)
-garage door closed (even if already closed)
-front door is locked (even if already locked)
-all door/window sensors are active
-motion sensors are active (except kitchen, in case someone needs a drink or midnight snack)
-If my Ring Pro doorbell detects motion, the front of porch light will turn on
-ecobee thermostat set to (X) temp

Endless "scenes" can be created with WebCoRE.
So you've only given a motion detector on your doorbell and time of day as triggers. Don't you think it *might* be useful to be able to trigger some of your fantastic scenes from a switch on the wall … i.e. a manually triggered scene?
Sep 22, 2010
80 posts
21 upvotes
Does anyone know if these work with the SmartThings v3 hub? It only lists v1 and v2 but the list may have been made prior to the release of v3.