Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ZOOZEE 4 Pack Smart Plugs (Regular or Monitoring) - $9.73 per plug

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 2:56 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2012
89 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon Canada] ZOOZEE 4 Pack Smart Plugs (Regular or Monitoring) - $9.73 per plug

Spotted two Limited Time Deals running on Amazon right now for ZOOZEE smart plugs:

Regular mini version: $38.90 per 4 pack, or $9.73 each.
16A Monitoring version: $46.99 - $10 coupon per 4 pack, or $9.25 each.

Both products seem well reviewed. IMO the monitoring version is a better deal but if you don't need 16A max load or monitoring then the regular version has a smaller form factor. Also note that two monitoring plugs can fit side by side on the same wall outlet while the regular versions cannot.
Capture.PNG
Last edited by RodgetheDodge on Oct 9th, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1074 posts
128 upvotes
North York
As an fyi, I bought Teckin and Linganzh versions of these plugs in the past. If these happen to be rebrands and use the Tuya home app (or something similar), I was able to convert the ones I bought using Tuya Convert to Tasmota. They now communicate with my system using MQTT rather than their app and are much more stable. The original firmware on the Teckins brought down my wifi network every hour or so and I had to reboot the AP each time. Not a bad deal for the monitoring ones, I made my dishwasher and washing machine smart with them by monitoring their power draw.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1352 posts
1243 upvotes
Vancouver
The mini plugs seem like a good deal - if you need 4 of course. The description says they use Smart Life, which is good because that would make them compatible with services like IFTTT and Home Assistant.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3357 posts
1360 upvotes
'Shwallywood
darkz wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 2:36 pm
As an fyi, I bought Teckin and Linganzh versions of these plugs in the past. If these happen to be rebrands and use the Tuya home app (or something similar), I was able to convert the ones I bought using Tuya Convert to Tasmota. They now communicate with my system using MQTT rather than their app and are much more stable. The original firmware on the Teckins brought down my wifi network every hour or so and I had to reboot the AP each time. Not a bad deal for the monitoring ones, I made my dishwasher and washing machine smart with them by monitoring their power draw.
Hmm wonder if that will work with my greendot, I really hate the fragmentation of the apps, especially when one goes under and then you can't buy matching devices.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work