Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ArcticStorm Gaming Graphics Card ZT-T20810K-30P $1,382.55

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 12:13 pm
Feb 2, 2017
560 posts
746 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Are you guys seriously purchasing this, or just joking? And if so, you're not using it to play games exclusively are you? $1.3k to play games? You're using it do graphically intensive work primarily right?
This is not a workstation graphics card. A Quattro series can cost 3-4 times this grahpics card. What's wrong with spending $1.3k on a graphics card to play games? This is the most power card on the market for games. This in SLI is probably the only thing that can handle modern games at 4k at 60+fps stable. Whatever floats people's boat.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1022 posts
267 upvotes
ROI may just worked out in Canada...

Remember the guy brought a small hydropower planet in BC ....
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Air cooling in 2019 is amazingly good, and when it fails, most cards and boards go to a low power mode or shutoff completely to save the circuitry. However, there's no firmware or driver that will protect against a water leak shorting the card or board... just a series of fallible hardware mitigations.
Sounds like you've never actually used water cooling before. Air cooling is never going to touch custom water cooling for thermal performance and efficiency, even what you consider "amazingly good" in 2019. As for leaks shorting out boards, use nonconductive coolant maybe? I don't think custom watercooling makes sense for most people but potential system failure generally isn't the issue if you do it correctly.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Are you guys seriously purchasing this, or just joking? And if so, you're not using it to play games exclusively are you? $1.3k to play games? You're using it do graphically intensive work primarily right?
Why invest in business or an investment property, when a $1.3k video card beckons?

If you insist on being this rational, please see yourself out.
generaltao99 wrote: Sounds like you've never actually used water cooling before. Air cooling is never going to touch custom water cooling for thermal performance and efficiency, even what you consider "amazingly good" in 2019. As for leaks shorting out boards, use nonconductive coolant maybe? I don't think custom watercooling makes sense for most people but potential system failure generally isn't the issue if you do it correctly.
All this is well known, what I'm saying is that air cooling is more than sufficient for everything up to ultra-high end rigs. Watercooling is better for temp control, but the benefits simply aren't worth the added risk for almost every use-case. At the very tippy top of hardware rigs, it'll give higher OC headroom, but at the expense of a severely shortened hardware lifespan.

It's impractical, prone to catastrophic failure because hardware mitigations are imperfect by nature, and rivaled by simpler cheaper air cooling solutions that are almost as good as higher-end watercooling solutions.

In [Current Year], why put up with the high maintenance 9/10 trophy wife when the 8.5/10 go-getter will get the job done with less fuss?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Sep 25, 2017
165 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote: Watercooling is just a waste. Too many points of failure.
It's a waste for anyone who doesn't push the card clocks up and overvolt.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: All this is well known, what I'm saying is that air cooling is more than sufficient for everything up to ultra-high end rigs. Watercooling is better for temp control, but the benefits simply aren't worth the added risk for almost every use-case. At the very tippy top of hardware rigs, it'll give higher OC headroom, but at the expense of a severely shortened hardware lifespan.

Value vs risk is entirely up to the user, you can't speak for anyone but yourself. Severely shortened lifespan is entirely your subjective opinion as well. Plenty of people oc and watercool without any issue (I've been doing it for the past 16 years) and the parts last well into obsolescence.
It's impractical, prone to catastrophic failure because hardware mitigations are imperfect by nature, and rivaled by simpler cheaper air cooling solutions that are almost as good as higher-end watercooling solutions.

In [Current Year], why put up with the high maintenance 9/10 trophy wife when the 8.5/10 go-getter will get the job done with less fuss?
Bolded part, your opinion. Anyone looking for a high end gpu with built in waterblock can see value in this deal. And almost as good is still not as good. Equal thermal performance, reduction in noise, efficient movement of thermal mass, you can't do these things with default air cooling. You sound like you have very little experience with watercooling so maybe refrain from making generalizations about it.
Mar 1, 2016
594 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
AncientWords wrote: Which deal was that?
Lenovo deal for t730. Not the pricing error, there was one before that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)