Amazon Canada
Just some random fishing deals I came across on Amazon

Spiderwire Stealth fishing line $6.63

Storm Wildeye Rippin' Shad $5.82

just added, Nov 5th

Otter Ice Fishing Hut $357.12

added Nov 6th

Berkley Gulp Jigghead $3.07

Storm Kicking Slab $3.16 (mixed reviews)

Johnson Thinfisher 3/16 oz (a few different sizes and colors available.. a buck or two cheaper than box stores, great ice jigging and soft water lure for me

Yo-Zuri Minnow $3.30

Sufix Mono $6.50 back to original price of $10.99

Eagle Claw Featherlight 9' ML rod $26.30 (can be had for same in US, hard to find in Canada for those wanting to go back to fibreglass rods

Rapala Vapor 4 bearing baitcast reel $32.17 (good starter or backup baitcaster that won't break the bank. Have similar reel that I use for ice fishing sometimes

added Nov. 8

Matzuo Kamikazi Spinnerbait 1/4oz $4.48 other sizes and colors available for around $5
Last edited by DealyMcCheapskate on Nov 4th, 2017 11:41 am, edited 17 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3880 posts
1020 upvotes
Tried to purchase the braided line but getting message that it can't be shipped to my address
Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1685 posts
570 upvotes
Prince George
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:47 pm
Tried to purchase the braided line but getting message that it can't be shipped to my address
Anyone else?
It’s an add-on item.
Jan 3, 2012
542 posts
174 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Anyone else?
I have tried to buy a few other spiderwire lines recently ( one of the 300yds variety) but get the same message. I really do not know what this Amazon policy on these items are all about as this is the Canadian site ! Lol I dont think these braided lines are illegal in Ontario. I have also tried some other products on sale before and had this message. I chatted with CSR ( likely from India ) and he could not give me a reason why
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
285 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Anyone else?
just curious as to what you're fishing that you're using 80lb line. I use 40lb on flipping rig for largemouth in heavy cover, probably would snap rod before line lol

kopi0 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:42 pm
I have tried to buy a few other spiderwire lines recently ( one of the 300yds variety) but get the same message. I really do not know what this Amazon policy on these items are all about as this is the Canadian site ! Lol I dont think these braided lines are illegal in Ontario. I have also tried some other products on sale before and had this message. I chatted with CSR ( likely from India ) and he could not give me a reason why
must be some glitch, cuz i would suspect something like this possibly if you're in rural parts (richmond hill is hardly rural though), and it's being shipped from somewhere else other than amazon maybe. You can buy Spiderwire at any fishing store, so it's not that lol
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3880 posts
1020 upvotes
DealyMcCheapskate wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:13 pm
just curious as to what you're fishing that you're using 80lb line. I use 40lb on flipping rig for largemouth in heavy cover, probably would snap rod before line lol

must be some glitch, cuz i would suspect something like this possibly if you're in rural parts (richmond hill is hardly rural though), and it's being shipped from somewhere else other than amazon maybe. You can buy Spiderwire at any fishing store, so it's not that lol
Muskie fishing

Shipping address to Ottawa center town :)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1685 posts
570 upvotes
Prince George
DealyMcCheapskate wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:13 pm
just curious as to what you're fishing that you're using 80lb line.
Big fish :) I used 100 lb PowerPro for sturgeon. 80 lb might be adequate.
Jan 8, 2008
213 posts
21 upvotes
Yeah same with me. Will not ship to my AB address. Even tried shipping to a point pick up location but nada. Added a more expensive 20 pound spider wire to the cart from the same listing and no problem. Must be a price error that has been flagged by a shipping exception.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
285 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:39 pm
Muskie fishing
nice... never been. So you use mono as backing, then braid, then flouro/steel leader I take it? 125yds don't fill much on those big reels you guys use.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3880 posts
1020 upvotes
DealyMcCheapskate wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:40 pm
nice... never been. So you use mono as backing, then braid, then flouro/steel leader I take it? 125yds don't fill much on those big reels you guys use.
That's the way to do it
!25yds is plenty, then you reverse the line for next year.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2012
285 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:32 pm
That's the way to do it
!25yds is plenty, then you reverse the line for next year.
nice, I do that with my double tapered fly line, but never thought about doing it with my reg line though.