Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon Canada] TP-Link AC2600 Dual Band Wireless Router - $108.00 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2017 9:25 pm
Aug 7, 2004
118 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
xsilver wrote: I'm using voip.ms with a Linksys PAP2T adapter for my phone calls. I notice that the AC2600 often loses connection with the voip adapter. A reboot of the AC2600 will allow the adapter to connect the voip service again. I'm on the latest official firmware. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Using the latest firmware 1.1.7 Build 20160622 with virtual server for SIP port 5060 seems to have solved this problem for me. Maybe this will help someone else...
Aug 7, 2004
118 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
xsilver wrote: I'm using voip.ms with a Linksys PAP2T adapter for my phone calls. I notice that the AC2600 often loses connection with the voip adapter. A reboot of the AC2600 will allow the adapter to connect the voip service again. I'm on the latest official firmware. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Using the latest firmware 1.1.7 Build 20160622 with virtual server for SIP port 5060 seems to have solved this problem for me. Maybe this will help someone else...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xsilver wrote: Using the latest firmware 1.1.7 Build 20160622 with virtual server for SIP port 5060 seems to have solved this problem for me. Maybe this will help someone else...
where did you get that firmware?
the latest firmware for Canada in their website is Archer C2600(CA)_V1_160622, is this the same?
Aug 7, 2004
118 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
boldventure wrote: where did you get that firmware?
the latest firmware for Canada in their website is Archer C2600(CA)_V1_160622, is this the same?
Hmm...I guess I stumbled onto the US website. But from the version number, I'm pretty sure it's the same.
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
Sonbuster wrote: just wondering if anyone who ordered from Home Depot got their order shipped yet? thanks.
I finally got it yesterday. No issue connecting to rogers modem. Will see if I want to install openWrt.
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
Two days usage review:
2.4G signal much stronger then Rogers or my previous router. 5G ok.
My laptop was able to connect to this router on day 1, then on day 2, it cannot even find the ssid.... Restarted router and it worked for a while, then lost connection again.... restarted both cable modem and router and issue resolved again....
Will see if it continues, if so, may install openWrt soon to see.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1775 posts
242 upvotes
cn008 wrote: Two days usage review:
2.4G signal much stronger then Rogers or my previous router. 5G ok.
My laptop was able to connect to this router on day 1, then on day 2, it cannot even find the ssid.... Restarted router and it worked for a while, then lost connection again.... restarted both cable modem and router and issue resolved again....
Will see if it continues, if so, may install openWrt soon to see.
finally mine just shipped today. try updating to the latest firmware from tplink
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3432 posts
658 upvotes
What's the verdict on firmware? The one that originally came with the AC2600? The new updated manufacture firmware? A third party one?
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
Sonbuster wrote: finally mine just shipped today. try updating to the latest firmware from tplink
I upgraded to latest firmware from tp link. Laptop still cannot find ssid, however it can find neibough's ssid.

I upgraded wifi adapter driver and it seemed to have resolved the issue.
Dec 10, 2012
30 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
I've asked this several posts back. Just wondering if anyone is noticing wifi speeds being throttled in the morning? I'm on 150 mbps and lan speed tests confirms that but overnight, my wifi speed would cap at exactly 50 mbps. Turning off then on again the wifi in my testing device would fix this but this is absolutely frustrating!! I had tried using 3rd part firmware but still the same. I've also used several other wifi devices that showed the same outcome. I'm on the best channel and no other wifi devices running during testing. I've never experienced this with other routers before. Am I missing something? Is the router defective somehow?

I cant find any info on the net with similar issues as mine and im thinking this could be a hardware thing. It's very obvious the router is limiting the speeds by why and how do I fix this?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
Ichigo27 wrote: I've asked this several posts back. Just wondering if anyone is noticing wifi speeds being throttled in the morning? I'm on 150 mbps and lan speed tests confirms that but overnight, my wifi speed would cap at exactly 50 mbps. Turning off then on again the wifi in my testing device would fix this but this is absolutely frustrating!! I had tried using 3rd part firmware but still the same. I've also used several other wifi devices that showed the same outcome. I'm on the best channel and no other wifi devices running during testing. I've never experienced this with other routers before. Am I missing something? Is the router defective somehow?

I cant find any info on the net with similar issues as mine and im thinking this could be a hardware thing. It's very obvious the router is limiting the speeds by why and how do I fix this?
No one in this thread have this problem. Does it still throttle if you reset the router?
Dec 10, 2012
30 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
I've reset the router already several times but still the same.. I admit that I'm not well versed with networking and hence hoped that someone can shed light on this.
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
I noticed another issue: after some days, my internet speed becomes slow, when I do a speed test, download speed is only 23Mbps.
After I power the router off and power it on, and redo the speed test, I get 70+MBPS download.
I had such issue before on my TP link 841 which was running Gargoyle.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3432 posts
658 upvotes
Hmm..my wifi cuts in and out pretty frequently(like 5 days or so after resetting). Happens on stock firmware and the newly updated firmware.

Does anyone have this issue with wifi cutting in and out?
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
McLaren__F1 wrote: How do you revert back to stock firmware if you dont like the openwrt for this router?
I was wondering the same thing. I was hoping it would be as simple as flashing the openwrt onto the router

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)