Amazon.co.uk Blu ray - See thread for current deals

Deal Link:
See thread for URLS
Price:
Varies
Savings:
Varies
SEE LAST PAGES FOR CURRENT DEALS

must be sold by Amazon.co.uk / Amazon EU S.a.rL - you might have to look in more buying choices to find price shown in this thread.

Note: Prices shown on Amazon.co.uk are in pounds (GDP or £), include VAT (UK tax) of 20% that will be removed at checkout for Canadian orders, but does not include the couple of bucks shipping to Canada (£3.08 shipping).

Price with shipping for Canadians is similar to original price including VAT.

Add items to cart to see final price without tax and with shipping !

Even when you do currency conversion and add shipping, they are still worth it :) Many members here on RFD buy their blu-ray on Amazon UK because of deals like this :)

Do not pick "region-free" blu-ray saying UK 50i compatible (example : from BBC / BBC Earth ) unless you know your blu-ray player is compatible, they need a UK 50i compatible player to play ... PS3 is not compatible.
see list here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95245

1) Region-free : I post region-free deals so they SHOULD work in Canada. I try to post only deals working on all players.

- title must have region-free (or Region A )

- region must be listed as "all regions" or "Region A" (NOT Listed as Region B/2)

Region A is North America
Region B/2 is Europe.

- there must be no mention of UK 50i. Example: "(These UK 50i specs discs will NOT read on a Playstation 3. They might be readable on other blu-ray players available in Canada. Order at your own risk / choice.)"
List of blu-ray players who can or can't play UK 50i specs: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95245 (credit to ImpKnight)

Example: If you shop by yourself, be aware that some are saying region-free in the title but have warnings in description. Watch out for this in the description: Please note that this product will not play on US spec 60i Blu-ray players as the Blu-ray discs are authored to UK 50i specs.

examples of "region-free" blu-rays NOT to order because they say UK 50i , if you are unsure that your player is OK: EVERYTHING BBC / BBC EARTH Planet Earth, Life, Human Planet, Sherlock Holmes TV show, Strike Back Seasons 1-2, Flying Monsters (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray), Planet Dinosaur (Blu-ray 3D), Great Rift [Blu-ray], Madagascar [Blu-ray] ) (credit to ImpKnight and cooper83 for some names)

Resources in case of doubt (credit to rsarwar):
1) http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b
2) Canadian blu-ray forum has a thread on Amazon.co.uk deals.

If you want to play any blu-ray, a PC is a good alternative (thanks aasoror):
aasoror wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 9:43 am
I hope you guys are not missing much sticking to NA compatible releases (NTSC, region 1, region free).

Just for those who don't know, if you are willing to hock up a PC to your TV you can get a PC BR reader for as low as $50 all in, couple that with AnyDVD-HD and you can "legally" bypass both region and format restrictions (for both DVDs and BRs).
------

2) Duties: not likely.
If you are worried about duties, try to split your orders in many small orders instead of ordering one big order.

------

3) Shipping delay to Canada = can be rapid with Royal Mail(not always)

Many people in this thread have received their blu-ray in 1 week after ordering with Royal Mail. Expect a delay of 1 to 4 weeks weeks when item is in stock.

Amazon.co.uk ships rapidly after you order. Royal Mail has a better reputation than DHL. Amazon chooses carrier and might be different for each shipment.

Examples of quick shipping:

January 2013
LitoHGL wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 10:32 am
Ordered Matrix Trilogy, got it within a week. SUPER fast, SUPER impressed!
canclan wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 3:46 pm
OP thanked. I grabbed one of the Big Bang Theory sets. Super fast shipping!
hamudm wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 4:49 pm
Ordered my Big Bang Theory set on Friday the 11th and just received today! How do they do it?!?!
Revblonde wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 9:49 pm
I always get my amazon.co.uk orders usually within a week of ordering. I'm in Ottawa, ON.
laserbluechic wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 1:35 pm
Just received my 2 orders placed 1 week ago, January 14th. Shipped via Royal Mail and no duties upon delivery.
aasoror wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 9:38 pm
Depending on your location and how it was shipped. Royal mail is significantly faster than DP-DHL
________

If you don't get your item within a month, Amazon.co.uk can ship a second set or refund you.
You need to contact them and let them know about your situation.

Examples of posters:
Noobzilla wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 5:11 pm
Deutsche Post DHL is unbelievably slow. Still haven't gotten orders that were shipped a month ago. I used the cheapest shipping option, but apparently they are sent by air mail.
Moebiwankenobi wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 1:24 pm
I ordered mine Dec 31 and was scheduled to be delivered Jan 28. Still nothing yet and when I emailed Amazon, they just dispatched another set - which will also take another month.
Moebiwankenobi wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 1:43 pm
They created another order with a new number but zero charges. Shipping to the same address and all that.
aasoror wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 6:30 pm
They reshipped using DHL-DP "again", they refused to honour my request to use Royal Mail, also refused to give a straight answer about whats the deciding factor when choosing shipping courier. That said they offered to refund the order, which I did accept (though I lost couple of dollars in conversion back and forth).
Thanks to aasoror for this reminder :
If the original parcel arrives afterwards, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it's returned to us by the carrier. If you've already received both the original order and the replacement please return one of them to us. Please visit our Returns Support Centre to be guided through our full policy and to get a printable personalised return label:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/returns/homepage.html

If you're returning the replacement because the original has arrived please select “Missed estimated delivery date" from the drop down list as a reason for return. Choose "refund" from the next page and write in the comments field "replacement not needed, original arrived". Please reply to this e-mail to let us know about any return delivery charges you incur so that we can refund them to you.
----

4) Packaging

Here is info sent by Amazon.co.uk to wlee for blu-ray and DVDs:
I would like to inform you that, as we're an online retailer our products aren't being browsed by customers as they would be in high-street shops so many of our suppliers don't shrink wrap the DVDs that they send to us.

Our packaging methods have proven over time to protect DVDs effectively during delivery, and although you may find that an item arrives with no shrink wrap, we're confident that it’ll be in perfect condition.

Let me assure you that when you buy an item from Amazon.co.uk directly, you're buying a brand new item. Only third-party sellers are allowed to sell used or pre-owned items from our site.
-----

5) Order from Amazon.co.uk / Amazon EU S.a.rL (it's the same) to have shipping to Canada.

Sometimes, You must look in "more buying choices" to see Amazon.co.uk price. Third-party typically do not ship to Canada. I list deals sold directly by Amazon.co.uk = Amazon EU S.a.rL.

----

6) digital copy guide.
Q. Are digital copies geographically limited?
A. Products purchased in the UK are often geographically limited, and as such they might only work in the UK and Ireland. This does vary title-by-title, and if you want to download the digital copy outside of the UK and Ireland, you should refer to the insert for details or check with the studio directly.
There is research required for each title if you care about digital copy..

----

7) most DVDs are not region-free, you must have a DVD player that is region-free or that plays region 2 to play most DVD from Amazon.co.uk. Since this thread is focused on Blu-ray, DVD are not covered.

If you want a DVD, make sure it's "region 0" or region free if you want to play it on any DVD player. (Thanks cooper83 and LonesomeDove for info)

LonesomeDove wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 2:22 pm
Dvds can be classified as Region 0, or Region All. Those dvds can be played in any dvd player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

----

8) Amazon.co.uk may adjust the price paid AFTER you order if the price drops (YMMV).

You can contact them if you see a pricedrop on a blu-ray you ordered couple of days ago and the price dropped.

There has been reports of success in this thread so try your luck :)
1236 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5094 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
see last pages for current deals
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5094 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
see last pages for current deals
Apr 8, 2010
684 posts
125 upvotes
London
cashinstinct wrote:
Oct 6th, 2012 7:33 am
These are pretty good deals for Blu-ray.

They are region-free so they will work in Canada.

Even when you do currency conversion and add shipping, they are still worth it :)

Many members here on RFD buy their blu-ray on Amazon UK because of deals like this :)
When I used to live in the UK, I spent my life shopping for Region 1 DVDs (usually USA) because they were cheaper and came out sooner. Now I live in Canada, I'm ordering from amazon.co.uk. Saving the VAT (20%) makes it worthwhile, and we don't often get dinged for Canadian duty/taxes as it's usually under $25.

Shipping is a non-issue from the UK. I ordered some stuff from amazon.com (USA) and amazon.co.uk on the same day - the UK stuff arrived first, probably because it took a plane for the 1st 3500 miles of its trip as opposed to coming by bus from Arizona.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5094 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks people, many good suggestions here :)
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1197 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I know some of these region free BD aren't really Region free... anyone tried the Ocean 11-13 series?
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Nov 14, 2003
554 posts
68 upvotes
Montreal
There has been a recent price drop on the region free Battlestar Galactica series set. After VAT removal and shipping, the cost is around £44, or $70.

Also, the original Amazon UK blu-ray thread is here.
× < >