Share your experience buying/selling on amazon.com
Thank you.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10592 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
Outside of books/media, Amazon.com will not ship to Canada. All electronics are no-go
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
If you want to talk about Amazon.ca, I've never had a single complaint with them over the years. Once I didn't get a CD that I ordered along with the book and they promptly sent me another one within a couple days. It helps that their shipping warehouse is only a five minute drive from my house.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I have made dozens of orders both amazon.com and amazon.ca over the years. Overall they have very good customer service and I think they are one of the better online shops.

I order so many things I probably had 10+ return/exchange experiences and always it was done right.

My main complaints are:

1. Prices for DVDs can be high unless you preorder a month before the release date to get the normal 30% off discount. (Sometimes the discount is better or worse.)

2. Amazon.com doesn't ship most of their things to Canada except books, CDs, DVDs.

3. Amazon.com lists plenty of items sold by other stores as opposed to amazon themselves. In this case service can be spotty / bad, though this is really only an issue if you live in the US.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1120 posts
39 upvotes
I figured I would chime in on this.

I've only had one "problem" with Amazon, and they corrected it immediately. I purchased some textbooks last year, and they didn't arrived after about two weeks. So I checked the CanadaPost tracking information, say it had been delivered - which it had not.

I emailed Amazon, they sent me some new books (free express shipping). Two days later (before Amazon's second package had arrived), my original order finally shows up. Silly Canada Post and their relatively useless system. So I just sent the second order of textbooks back to Amazon.

So in conclusion, Amazon.ca's customer service = good. Canada Post = not so good.
Apr 2, 2006
562 posts
Richmond Hill
Thank you all!
I assume that if I buy something and ship it to my cousins in the US that should not be a problem?
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
sergiepopov wrote: Thank you all!
I assume that if I buy something and ship it to my cousins in the US that should not be a problem?
I believe you could have Amazon ship it to your cousin as a gift, so you don't have to pay postage twice.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2462 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
sergiepopov wrote: Thank you all!
That's correct...i did it although I bought a wireless card off of one of their sellers at a cheaper price than amazon.

What awesome customer service..I got emails from them immediately saying that the address I provided was wrong..I gave them some more info and they fixed it.

So far amazon.com gets ++++1 :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)