[Amazon] Amazon Echo Auto - $24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2018 11:39 am
[OP]
May 17, 2018
2 posts
12 upvotes

[Amazon] Amazon Echo Auto - $24.99

Amazon has announced this device for sale in the fall. For anyone who is looking for a less expensive solution than upgrading their stereos to get Car Play or Android Auto....this may be a nice fit.
I could not find a Canadian link but have provided the American one. You have to sign into your Amazon account and request an invitation to purchase the device at 50% off.
Last edited by 22canuk1 on Sep 21st, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
45 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1625 posts
536 upvotes
GTA
Good timing, I was thinking of getting a Google Home Mini to put insider my car. Guess this would do the trick.
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
Jul 28, 2013
25 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't think this will ship to Canada. Signed up for the invitation just in case.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1430 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal
Problem is, even if you can bring it to Canada, Alexa won't work.
Amazon did that with Fire tablets.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6679 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
So you hook it up to the aux-in in your car and your car stereo becomes an Alexa speaker and nothing else?
Jul 17, 2007
175 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
i wonder how much data this thing will drain
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1625 posts
536 upvotes
GTA
Wassifdurrani wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 2:23 pm
i wonder how much data this thing will drain
I am taking a wild guess. It should not be a lot because you are dealing with audio only. However if you use it to stream video to other device(s) then the amount of data could jump way higher depending on the resolution, etc.
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
Apr 11, 2008
117 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have the Garmin Speak Plus which is basically a mobile Alexa with mini Garmin GPS with dash cam.
The Alexa feature works just as well as the home one, sometimes I rush out of home and I can just voice commend to turn off lights. Or late at night going home, I can ask it to turn on my lights so it's not super dark when I get home.

However, the Garmin Speak doesn;t support Spotify at the moment which is my biggest issue. I use Spotify with Alexa at home a lot. Would be nice to be able to access my spotify play list in the car just by voice.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2503 posts
1198 upvotes
Curious if this comes with a lighter adapter for power. I didn't notice anything clear about power setup.

If this needs your wireless plan from a phone/tablet in the vehicle, I don't see how this is better than just connecting your phone/tablet to the audio the same way and just running Alexa on your phone.
Dec 30, 2013
9 posts
Kitchener
I was just about to buy an aux-bt adapter. Willing to hold out for this if I get accepted, it's a minor inconvenience anyways.

Can I just use this as a BT proxy and play music through apple music instead of spotify? For the price, having Alexa would be cool haha
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1050 posts
321 upvotes
Cambridge
uklamen wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 2:42 pm
Curious if this comes with a lighter adapter for power. I didn't notice anything clear about power setup.

If this needs your wireless plan from a phone/tablet in the vehicle, I don't see how this is better than just connecting your phone/tablet to the audio the same way and just running Alexa on your phone.