181 upvotes
Toronto

BTunes Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for Bose QC25 $69.05USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Amazon.com
*2018-08-18 Update*

For those who got the QC25 during the prime days and wanted to go wireless.

$59.00 + $10.05 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada

I received the BTunes from amazon.com 2 days ago and have been testing it. So far it is better than the AirMod in almost everything. What I found so far when compared to the AirMod.

Pro
  • Better sound
  • Fewer drop/disconnect
  • Verbal notification (bluetooth on/off, battery level, connected etc) - nothing on the AirMod.
  • Battery level indicator on both Android and iOS devices
  • Play/Pause button works on Android (AirMod play/pause button doesn't work with Android)
  • When using it to make calls, the person on the other end says he can hear me better with the Btunes than AirMod
  • Better battery
  • AptX codec
  • MicroUSB charging and no need to disconnect from the headphone
Con
  • No Google Assistant button
  • Just as poor range as the AirMod - I am getting about 15 ft before it gets disconnected
  • Not a snug fit like the AirMod
  • A little more expensive than the AirMod. Cost me $133.09USD (shipping & import fees included) ~175 CAD for two pieces compared to $153.44 CAD for two AirMod.
Overall, I highly recommend the BTunes over the AirMod.
Alex360 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 8:52 pm
BTunes Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VVNCGL?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I got this one cuz it doesn’t use a proprietary plug and can charge while plugged into the QC25. I’ve been using it for a few months now Judging QC25 is very subjective and depends on your taste on music. QC25 isn’t good with heavy base, but for pop, EDM, rock music it is more than acceptable. I’ve tested with classical music and it’s nice. I’m no audiophile and I like it. I usually play music with ANC on. There’s no point to listening with QC25 with ANC off. It’s much better experience with ANC on. So with the bt adapter and ANC off, it sounds like muffled. But with ANC on it, I couldn’t tell the difference between wired with ANC on and BT adapter with ANC on.

I considered the Airmods but hated the idea of proprietary charging and the wear from install/removal would ruin the headset. After 3 months, I haven’t removed the btunes adapter. The set is used everyday by my wife and I. It was able to reduce the jackhammering from the construction guys across the street, so that I could sleep. That’s with no bt on, no music playing.
From what I have been gathering from the reviews, the Btunes is better than the AirMod in:
  • range
  • BT 4.2 vs 4.1
  • Battery life indicator (iOS) and verbal notification - AirMod just beep when it has 10 minutes left.
  • AptX codec
  • better battery life (10 vs 8 hrs)
  • and best of all - microUSB charging
Last edited by tonershop on Aug 18th, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
81 replies
May 9, 2014
235 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Was intending to share and found OP already went ahead.
Thanks OP anyways. Not very good price but pretty much the only choice if you have a QC25 and wanna get rid of annoying cables.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2011
458 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
leeezeng wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:00 pm
Was intending to share and found OP already went ahead.
Thanks OP anyways. Not very good price but pretty much the only choice if you have a QC25 and wanna get rid of annoying cables.
It is pretty much $60USD plus exchange and free shipping.

And it is not so much about getting rid of the cables - increasingly most recent phones don't have a 3.5mm audio port. And if we want to continue using the QC25, we would have to get an adapter..
Mar 5, 2007
85 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks! Ordered one. Been eyeing one since I got the QC 25's from Prime Day, was going to buy it via Ebay with today's coupon but this is even better.
Jun 13, 2017
47 posts
5 upvotes
Thank you OP! Had been waiting for this to go on a discount. There were no taxes too!
Jun 28, 2017
999 posts
475 upvotes
What is the sound quality with this? Other Bluetooth devices I have tried weren’t that great.
Mar 11, 2013
134 posts
116 upvotes
Brampton
According to Keepa it was $32.66 this morning. Missed it Disappointed Face
[OP]
Nov 9, 2011
458 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
duraikmurugan wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:51 pm
According to Keepa it was $32.66 this morning. Missed it Disappointed Face
No, it was one of those brand new seller with no trade history. I didn't miss it, just didn't bother talk about it. That seller has been removed since.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2011
458 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
driverso wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:37 pm
This is a usable short cable if you have a smaller bluetooth receiver.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N3L ... UTF8&psc=1
This was my solution for the last couple month. I used it with this Xiaomi BT adapter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 66866.html

It worked, but the sound quality wasn't great.
Last edited by tonershop on Aug 8th, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 11, 2016
180 posts
75 upvotes
It seems it has around a 6-8 hour battery life, and apparently there's no noticeable degradation of sound quality. Worth a pick up.
Mar 11, 2013
134 posts
116 upvotes
Brampton
tonershop wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:55 pm
No, it was one of those brand new seller with no trade history. I didn't miss it, just didn't bother talk about it. That seller has been removed since.
Ohh Ok. Makes sense. Thank you :)
I did not mean that you missed it. I was tracking it and even got an alert. But, couldn't get to take a look due to work. I missed it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)