BTunes Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for Bose QC25 $69.05USD
- Deal Link:
For those who got the QC25 during the prime days and wanted to go wireless.
$59.00 + $10.05 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada
I received the BTunes from amazon.com 2 days ago and have been testing it. So far it is better than the AirMod in almost everything. What I found so far when compared to the AirMod.
- Better sound
- Fewer drop/disconnect
- Verbal notification (bluetooth on/off, battery level, connected etc) - nothing on the AirMod.
- Battery level indicator on both Android and iOS devices
- Play/Pause button works on Android (AirMod play/pause button doesn't work with Android)
- When using it to make calls, the person on the other end says he can hear me better with the Btunes than AirMod
- Better battery
- AptX codec
- MicroUSB charging and no need to disconnect from the headphone
- No Google Assistant button
- Just as poor range as the AirMod - I am getting about 15 ft before it gets disconnected
- Not a snug fit like the AirMod
- A little more expensive than the AirMod. Cost me $133.09USD (shipping & import fees included) ~175 CAD for two pieces compared to $153.44 CAD for two AirMod.
From what I have been gathering from the reviews, the Btunes is better than the AirMod in:Alex360 wrote: ↑Aug 9th, 2018 8:52 pmBTunes Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VVNCGL?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I got this one cuz it doesn’t use a proprietary plug and can charge while plugged into the QC25. I’ve been using it for a few months now Judging QC25 is very subjective and depends on your taste on music. QC25 isn’t good with heavy base, but for pop, EDM, rock music it is more than acceptable. I’ve tested with classical music and it’s nice. I’m no audiophile and I like it. I usually play music with ANC on. There’s no point to listening with QC25 with ANC off. It’s much better experience with ANC on. So with the bt adapter and ANC off, it sounds like muffled. But with ANC on it, I couldn’t tell the difference between wired with ANC on and BT adapter with ANC on.
I considered the Airmods but hated the idea of proprietary charging and the wear from install/removal would ruin the headset. After 3 months, I haven’t removed the btunes adapter. The set is used everyday by my wife and I. It was able to reduce the jackhammering from the construction guys across the street, so that I could sleep. That’s with no bt on, no music playing.
- BT 4.2 vs 4.1
- Battery life indicator (iOS) and verbal notification - AirMod just beep when it has 10 minutes left.
- AptX codec
- better battery life (10 vs 8 hrs)
- and best of all - microUSB charging