Shopping Discussion

Amazon.COM - can Canadians order stuff with delivery to Canada??

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2009 5:10 am
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1763 posts

Amazon.COM - can Canadians order stuff with delivery to Canada??

Question - Can Canadians order stuff via Amazon.COM with delivery to Canada, or do we have to use amazon.CA?? (the product is software in CD format and is much cheaper on .com).

Thanks in advance.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2009
1892 posts
Amazon lists the stores that sell the CD and you can check if they have a shipping policy that includes Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1170 posts
You can try. Many things can be shipped to Canada but some will not. The page should tell you if it can't be shipped outside the US.

Be warned that shipping fees could kill the deal. On the bright side, if it's shipped by Amazon themselves (and not one of their affiliate stores) then there should be no tax hit as the package ships from within Canada from a distribution center.
Dec 28, 2004
173 posts
Vancouver, BC
Some sellers do ship, some don't. And shipping is EXPENSIVE!
I ordered an item, US$47. Shipping was US$43, total $90. But that's not the end - they don't specify what kind of shipping, and at the end I paid another CAD$40 as a fee to UPS, damn it!
So, from original US$43 it went to ~CAD$135.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
Most times, shipping kills the deal. It is sometimes worth it, and I have done it in the past if the deal is good enough, or something I just can't find on

Buying direct from vs ca though is a huge difference. On the canadian site, order over $40, free shipping. No free shipping from the us. From the US site, the first book or DVD is $4.99US, and each extra book is 3.99, and DVD is 2.99. Can get pretty pricey quickly.

From the marketplace, don't even bother in the US. Marketplace book from the canadian site is $6.49 for a book. US site is 12.49.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1763 posts
I was looking for the Adobe Elements 8 Photoshop and Premier software from this thread . Turns out that it's only shipped to US addresses. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3515 posts
I buy from whenever the US cost + shipping and duties is lower then the canadian counterpart. I bought Seinfeld complete series for 99$ US

Item(s) Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.98
Total Before Tax: $107.97
Sales tax: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $12.53
Total for this Shipment: $120.50

It came to about 135$ total after conversion

If I were to buy the same item off (even on special)

Items: CDN$ 210.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00

Total Before Tax: CDN$ 210.99
GST: CDN$ 10.55
PST: CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 221.54
× < >