• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 11:18 pm
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
373 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon] Element 4K TV w/built in fire TV

Not really a hot deal, maybe warm. Just noticed that Amazon US is releasing Element 4K TVs with firetv built in on June 14th. Not for everyone, but just another option if you're looking for an appletv /Roku alternative, or even kodi, which runs awesome on firetv btw. So might be of interest to you if you have an "amerifriend" or use CBI/crossborderpickups type services.
2 replies
Mar 25, 2008
25 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Nice of you to post this, and I suspect there will be some great black Friday sales on these. However at this price its hard not to recommend a Haier with a Xiaomi mi box instead.
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
373 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ryanazarko wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:56 pm
Nice of you to post this, and I suspect there will be some great black Friday sales on these. However at this price its hard not to recommend a Haier with a Xiaomi mi box instead.

Black Friday... maybe, Prime Day 2017... Definetly!!

I get you, it's not for everyone and "warm" at best, I just thought it might be of interest to someone who wants kodi without "the box" and doesn't want to spend the big bucks on a Sony Android TV.

I myself bought a sexy 55" 4K Hisense from Walmart US and paired it with a firetv. Some people either don't want a bunch of extra stuff hooked up or are short on HDMI ports and don't want to use a switch.