[Amazon] Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) - $48.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 9:04 am
[OP]
Dec 26, 2010
433 posts
141 upvotes

[Amazon] Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) - $48.99

Just got an alert in my email. Cycling season is almost over, at least here in Toronto. Good for anyone who's into training
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1075 posts
87 upvotes
Markham
Great price for any serious athlete. I have one and it doesn't chafe compared to the other HR monitors out there.
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Feb 5, 2012
6 posts
Stittsville
I had nothing but problems with these straps (running). They would work for a while and then mid-run start giving flaky results and cutting out for periods of time.

I followed the washing instructions on them. I replaced batteries. I used electrode gel. I spent a lot of time with Garmin Support and even more time on various boards reading about all the problems.

I replaced my first one under warranty (and to their credit, Garmin made this very easy) and the replacement was no better. There must be a design flaw.

The best luck I had was to cut the soft strap between the two 'buttons' (found this on one of the forums). For what ever reason, the results were much better after that.

I ended up moving to a Garmin Forerunner 235 which has a built in HRM and have been extremely happy with that.

I really like having my heart rate details available, but I would look to other straps or options before dropping $50 on this one. YMMV, but at least do a few searches to see the problems others have had with this model.