Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

HOT! Cloud Drive, Unlimited Storage/$60 a year!!! US ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2015 12:36 am
Tags:
Banned
Jun 15, 2006
517 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon.com] HOT! Cloud Drive, Unlimited Storage/$60 a year!!! US ONLY

This blows any current cloud storage solution out of the water! $60 a year for unlimited storage. I personally blow through Dropbox's free storage because of the 4k recording I do on my Note 4....

Will require some trickery to get the US version. DO NOT CLICK TRIAL from your existing .ca account if you want to keep Cloud Drive with your existing Amazon account.

You will have to have a US Address added in your account and make that your default 1-click order settings & edit your Country Settings in Manage Content and Devices>Settings. I also (think) you will have to use a VPN to access amazon.com after doing this in an incognito window to sign up for the trial.

I learnt the hard way so I can't guarantee that above method will work, but turns out if you don't change country settings first, you're SOL after the fact because it seems it will always redirect you to .ca when visiting Cloud Drive, regardless of what you have on file. I simply made a new USA account (gmail without the dots--since it doesn't matter from gmail's side), bought myself a gift card for $60 USD with a proper Canadian billing address (Amazon.com does not care when buying a gift card), redeemed it to the account, and removed my fake US address Credit Card info from the account. After the 3 month trial is up, it SHOULD bill my gift card balance in my account.

I really hope this can be used for Plex Cloud Sync in the future.
109 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6835 posts
7576 upvotes
Toronto
Wrestlemania wrote: Why not get crashplan instead?
Crashplan is great for saving your data TO the cloud... Recovering your data FROM the cloud, not so much..
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Dec 21, 2010
59 posts
38 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
cold as ice - clear you don't know of Office 365 with OneDrive. As that is what blows this and any other cloud storage out of the water. Also available in Canada for $70 CDN 1 user and $100 CDN for 5 users (makes it $20 each user). Comes with full Office for PC/Mac as well as tablet/mobile all OSes and unlimited cloud storage is the bonus.

Let me know when Amazon stops screwing international customers with the Amazon Prime or a Kindle comes out day and date with the US.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
They also have a $1/month photo only option. this also includes RAW photos! So us photographers can have an offsite backup of all photos (I have almost 1 TB) for $1/month. INSANE hot deal.
Banned
Jun 15, 2006
517 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
koolin wrote: cold as ice - clear you don't know of Office 365 with OneDrive. As that is what blows this and any other cloud storage out of the water. Also available in Canada for $70 CDN 1 user and $100 CDN for 5 users (makes it $20 each user). Comes with full Office for PC/Mac as well as tablet/mobile all OSes and unlimited cloud storage is the bonus.

Let me know when Amazon stops screwing international customers with the Amazon Prime or a Kindle comes out day and date with the US.
Do you have a link to this deal? I can't seem to find it, it's $84 a year with 1TB of storage for 1 user as it's showing for me....
Dec 21, 2010
59 posts
38 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
funkydude101 wrote: Do you have a link to this deal? I can't seem to find it, it's $84 a year with 1TB of storage for 1 user as it's showing for me....
https://blog.onedrive.com/office-365-on ... d-storage/

the unlimited is rolling out slowly to everyone through 2015

https://products.office.com/en-ca/office-365-home - $100 5 users

https://products.office.com/en-ca/office-365-personal - $70 1 user

The one thing you might hate about onedrive is they have a 10GB file size limit, so your 4k videos if long might be a problem
Banned
Jun 15, 2006
517 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
koolin wrote: https://blog.onedrive.com/office-365-on ... d-storage/

the unlimited is rolling out slowly to everyone through 2015

https://products.office.com/en-ca/office-365-home - $100 5 users

https://products.office.com/en-ca/office-365-personal - $70 1 user

The one thing you might hate about onedrive is they have a 10GB file size limit, so your 4k videos if long might be a problem
That is a good deal. Considering the Amazon Cloud Drive desktop app is....considerably underwhelming. I don't think the Note 4 can reach 10gb file sizes anyway as it has a 5 minute recording limit with 4k.

The whole scanning content for "objectionable" content seems sort of like an invasion of privacy though... Not sure what Amazon's policy is.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2032 posts
242 upvotes
Berlin, Germany
Already have Office365 with 10TB...

However, unlimited photo storage is a steal for $12 a year. Hopefully Amazon can handle abusers, can easily push TBs of DNGs and CR2 files. Video storage at 5GB is a joke though. Could have at least had 25GB-50GB.
Jan 6, 2008
358 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Any way to use this on Linux via something like webdav?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1310 posts
718 upvotes
Montreal QC
Does One Drive or Amazon Drive scan and snoop regularly into what I have stored? For example, If I upload let's say Season 1 of X-Files for personal usage only, will they flag my account as copyright and close it? How does it work in terms of TV Shows and Movies? My phone and tablet do not have a high enough storage capacity and I would like to avoid being glued to external drives every time I travel.

I would love to put my entire TV Show collection in my personal cloud account just for me because cloud storage is guaranteed whilst physical external drives can fail.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
MontrealBonjour wrote: Does One Drive or Amazon Drive scan and snoop regularly into what I have stored?
Who cares? Surely you don't upload anything to off-site storage that isn't encrypted. Do you?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4257 posts
833 upvotes
T.O.
Debating if it can be used with something like the putdrive.com to store all my movies/shows in the cloud. That way, I can access them at the cottage, friends', or anywhere else for that matter. With a strong download connection, it should work flawlessly.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
I think the $1 per month for photo storage with RAW is really hot.

Although my collection of files are really important, they are not something I'd miss in any significant way if they suddenly go kaput.

Photos, on the other hand, is something I have triple backed up (1 remote copy at folk's place that I update every time I visit them+1 local HDD+1 RAID5 DAS) because they are memories that I can never replace.

Question now though, how the heck am I supposed to upload 4xxGB of RAW/JPG pictures? I could upload at around 1MB/s. Which means it would take me about 5 full days uploading assuming I can always run at full speed.

Does Amazon offer a HDD copy option? Like I mail them a HDD, they copy it and send the HDD back to me?
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Banned
Jun 15, 2006
517 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
JeiJei wrote: I think the $1 per month for photo storage with RAW is really hot.

Although my collection of files are really important, they are not something I'd miss in any significant way if they suddenly go kaput.

Photos, on the other hand, is something I have triple backed up (1 remote copy at folk's place that I update every time I visit them+1 local HDD+1 RAID5 DAS) because they are memories that I can never replace.

Question now though, how the heck am I supposed to upload 4xxGB of RAW/JPG pictures? I could upload at around 1MB/s. Which means it would take me about 5 full days uploading assuming I can always run at full speed.

Does Amazon offer a HDD copy option? Like I mail them a HDD, they copy it and send the HDD back to me?
Well I know with Teksavvy Uploads don't count towards your bandwidth...so I just say let 'er rip for 5 days :p
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
JeiJei wrote: I think the $1 per month for photo storage with RAW is really hot.

This service isn't designed for the "Heavy" users like us. No way will they ever have HDD transfer for this price. If you want that then get crashplan.

I'm looking at 10+ day upload but I'll happily take it to know my data is safe.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
spinningpiledriver wrote: Do you trust all your personal dara online? That is the question.
I'm just uploading my photos.... and no they're not those kind of photos. I'm not uploading my health info, finical info or anything like that so I'm not worried.
Mar 31, 2010
489 posts
364 upvotes
office 365 is still a better deal i think. for personal version only $70. comes with office licenses too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)