Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

HOT! Cloud Drive, Unlimited Storage/$60 a year!!! US ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2015 12:36 am
Tags:
Jul 15, 2003
515 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
roggers wrote: Office365 is great but, extremely slow on OS X (has taken over a month to upload 400 GB especially since it does it "one file at a time" and needs to process/scan all directories every time it launches). There is no harm in having multiple services (i.e. Amazon Cloud for Photos which is dirt cheap).

Amazon's desktop app for photos is incredibly fast, capping my upload speeds at nearly 9GB per hour or 216GB for a full day.
Personally, using the Windows 8.1 client has been pretty fast for me, maxing out my upload. Unfortunately, I have pretty slow upload so it takes me a month to upload a TB.
spammy wrote: Their client is written in C#, so no official client for now.

Having said that though, their API seems to be pretty easy/standard to access so I won't be surprised if people come up with the Python client in a few days' time.
I'm currently working on a Python client to upload/download files from the command line. I hope to have something done in a few days, though it may not be too robust.
Prestox wrote: There's a file size limit of 2GB. It may be an issue for some.
Amazon support indicates that the file size limit applies to web uploads and the Mac/PC clients don't have this limitation. I haven't tested the API yet so I don't know if that has the same limitation.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question,

If I discontinued pay the annual fee, could I continue to down file I had upload, or could I reactive it after couple years?

Thanks in advance.
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
blackart wrote: Quick question,

If I discontinued pay the annual fee, could I continue to down file I had upload, or could I reactive it after couple years?

Thanks in advance.
It appears you can always download but just not upload anything new.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
I had signed up 4 yrs ago for Amazon.com's free 5gb cloud plan. Yesterday I received an email that that plan is no longer available and that I have to choose one of the 2 new plans. So I guess after the 3 month trial, I won't have 5Gb free and I'll have to pay at least $12 for unlimited photo storage.

I see that Shutterfly has a new cloud photo storage plan called 'This Life' that's free - may try that - https://www.thislife.com. Looks like it has good sort/tagging capabilities....(I posted this in the freebies section - free-unlimited-photo-storage-thats-life ... st22021791)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1390 posts
3640 upvotes
The lack of Linux support from companies that build their entire foundation on Linux (Amazon, Google, etc) is disgusting.

Dropbox + Copy both have fantastic Linux clients if this is important to you.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
pathfinder35 wrote: I had signed up 4 yrs ago for Amazon.com's free 5gb cloud plan. Yesterday I received an email that that plan is no longer available and that I have to choose one of the 2 new plans.

I see that Shutterfly has a new cloud photo storage plan called 'That's Life' that's free - may try that - https://www.thislife.com. Looks like it has good sort/tagging capabilities....
The question is does it support RAW? Most sites that claim unlimited storage are for jpeg only which is more or less useless to all but the most basic of photographers.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just noticed that Amazon is offering unlimited cloud storage for $59 per year + 3 months free.

That's probably the cheapest cloud storage service per year. (But not the most user-friendly compare to drop box, google drive etc.)

So I wouldn't say its a HOT deal, but pretty good if you only need to store files online and nothing fancy.

NVM. This seems like a repost: amazon-com-hot-cloud-drive-unlimited-st ... y-1702619/

Sorry guys. Please delete.
Dec 10, 2003
290 posts
343 upvotes
While a good deal, I think the photo storage unlimited is better at $12/yr...
If I am spending this much per year, isn't Office 365 Personal a better value considering you get office included for like $6 more/month?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1266 posts
642 upvotes
Oakville
tabishz wrote: it's only for photos.. nothing else is unlimited.
"Securely store all of your photos, videos, files and documents for just $59.99 per year."
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
tabishz wrote: it's only for photos.. nothing else is unlimited.
That is if you have amazon prime, this is something else. I believe this is also $59 USD as amazon.ca only has photo storage or high priced storage above 5gb currently.
Mar 14, 2003
261 posts
81 upvotes
zebek wrote: While a good deal, I think the photo storage unlimited is better at $12/yr...
If I am spending this much per year, isn't Office 365 Personal a better value considering you get office included for like $6 more/month?
Is it possible to get unlimited photo storage without a Prime membership??
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1310 posts
718 upvotes
Montreal QC
Does Amazon have a 20,000 file limit like with Office 365 1TB deal?

I am looking for something that has no file limit but is affordable. I create electronic jazz on the side and have accumulated a significant amount of samples/music files/clips, etc. over the years which far exceeds the 20k limit and I find cloud storage is infinitely more reliable.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i think office365 now offers unlimited storage also. it would cost a little more than amazon but you also get access to the office suite.

i would also be good up to 5 users. so perhaps it would work out even cheaper...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17567 upvotes
MontrealBonjour wrote: Does Amazon have a 20,000 file limit like with Office 365 1TB deal?

I am looking for something that has no file limit but is affordable. I create electronic jazz on the side and have accumulated a significant amount of samples/music files/clips, etc. over the years which far exceeds the 20k limit and I find cloud storage is infinitely more reliable.
Office 365/Onedrive does not have a 20,000 limit like people are trying to suggest - that's only for Business customers. Personal accounts are limited to 10 million files. Source
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
bomberman447 wrote: That is if you have amazon prime, this is something else. I believe this is also $59 USD as amazon.ca only has photo storage or high priced storage above 5gb currently.
what do you mean? I have amazon prime CAD, and I uploaded a PDF....

EDIT:

Just checked, in the CAD Prime Amazon Cloud Drive, there is a 'photos and videos' section, and an 'ALL FILES' section
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
redgrandam wrote: what do you mean? I have amazon prime CAD, and I uploaded a PDF....

EDIT:

Just checked, in the CAD Prime Amazon Cloud Drive, there is a 'photos and videos' section, and an 'ALL FILES' section
I know there is a all files section but the pricing in Canada for example is 1tb for $500/yr, different from the amazon.com plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
shawn_ wrote: I've found a way to get around the US Only limitation even with a Canadian credit card and billing address. All you need to do is change your country setting to "United States" in the "Manage Content and Devices" section. When you do so you will be prompted to enter a US address and warned that your Kindle purchases will be in USD from now on.
Here is the direct link.
Does that work for once we've already screwed up and joined the Canadian version?
Aug 3, 2015
2 posts
White Rock
FreezingCanada wrote: Does that work for once we've already screwed up and joined the Canadian version?
I had tried signing up via VPN and it still redirected me to .ca cloud service. I unfortunately did not get to try the changing your location via the devices page trick until I had signed up for .ca cloud. I tried changing my address then trying again via VPN still and it did not direct to .com cloud. I ended up making a new amazon.com account and putting in US mailbox info instead of my canadian address. Canadian credit card worked.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
life359 wrote: The lack of Linux support from companies that build their entire foundation on Linux (Amazon, Google, etc) is disgusting.

Dropbox + Copy both have fantastic Linux clients if this is important to you.
Let's be realistic here, barely anyone is using front end Linux these days.