Expired Offers

Locked: LeEco | Le Pro3 Unlocked Smartphone, 5.5" Display, 4GB/64GB, 16MP Camera, 4K Video, Dolby Audio, US$199

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 11:10 pm
[OP]
Aug 20, 2011
152 posts
173 upvotes
Windsor, ON

LeEco | Le Pro3 Unlocked Smartphone, 5.5" Display, 4GB/64GB, 16MP Camera, 4K Video, Dolby Audio, US$199

Ships to Canada

I am considering buying this phone for the price. Anyone have experience with it? Would you recommend it?

A 5.5-inch smartphone with incredible performance and premium features, the Le Pro3 delivers top-of-the-line technology at an unbeatable value
Performance powerhouse that combines the fastest Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, the most advanced Adreno 530 GPU and X12 LTE connectivity with 4GB memory and 64GB onboard storage
Generous 4070mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 leaves
Amazing audio experience with award-winning CDLA technology
Le Pro3 comes unlocked and is compatible with most U.S. GSM carriers; Networks
Images
  • 71x9hX0X8-L._AC_UL115_.jpg
Share:
28 replies
Sep 11, 2017
9 posts
6 upvotes
I bought this phone from US last year for $300USD, and have been using this phone for almost a year now and I am very happy with the purchase.
It's a great value phone, offering amazing bang for your buck. Initially when they launched the phones, I had problems with some of the delayed notifications (e.g. from WhatsApp, messages etc) but I found out Leeco phones have extra customization options like sleep mode etc, to save battery that had been causing those issues. Some quick settings and all of those issues got sorted out. Leeco has it's own entertainment environment with quite ugly GUI by default. So I changed my launcher to get rid of that problem as well. Phone camera is good for taking photos in the sun and good light. In low light, photos are just okay. It's a nice looking phone with very good display, of course it doesn't have the thinnest bezels in the world, or edge to edge to display but for $200USD it will be hard to find a comparable phone.

All in all, for me all the Cons were way outweighed by the Pros and it's small price. I never found the phone lacking in performance. Coming from Galaxy S7, the only thing I noticed was the camera performance, but that again only in low light, and that's a small price to pay for the money I saved.

Pros:
Fast charging. Very good battery life. Perfect location & responsive fingerprint sensor (coming from Galaxy S7, that was a big plus for me), very customizeable UI. Comes with the perfectly fit transparent phone cover and a screen protector. And most definitely PRICE!

Cons:
No audio jack. Okay camera in low light (compared to top tiered phones). Comes with Android M
[OP]
Aug 20, 2011
152 posts
173 upvotes
Windsor, ON
PhoneyStoney wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 9:30 am
I bought this phone from US last year for $300USD, and have been using this phone for almost a year now and I am very happy with the purchase.
It's a great value phone, offering amazing bang for your buck. Initially when they launched the phones, I had problems with some of the delayed notifications (e.g. from WhatsApp, messages etc) but I found out Leeco phones have extra customization options like sleep mode etc, to save battery that had been causing those issues. Some quick settings and all of those issues got sorted out. Leeco has it's own entertainment environment with quite ugly GUI by default. So I changed my launcher to get rid of that problem as well. Phone camera is good for taking photos in the sun and good light. In low light, photos are just okay. It's a nice looking phone with very good display, of course it doesn't have the thinnest bezels in the world, or edge to edge to display but for $200USD it will be hard to find a comparable phone.

All in all, for me all the Cons were way outweighed by the Pros and it's small price. I never found the phone lacking in performance. Coming from Galaxy S7, the only thing I noticed was the camera performance, but that again only in low light, and that's a small price to pay for the money I saved.

Pros:
Fast charging. Very good battery life. Perfect location & responsive fingerprint sensor (coming from Galaxy S7, that was a big plus for me), very customizeable UI. Comes with the perfectly fit transparent phone cover and a screen protector. And most definitely PRICE!

Cons:
No audio jack. Okay camera in low light (compared to top tiered phones). Comes with Android M
Thanks for your review. I think I am in.
Apr 8, 2015
347 posts
318 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Just be careful. This company is having extreme financial difficulties and assets are frozen. This means support, warranty and future updates might be unlikely.
Jan 7, 2007
77 posts
12 upvotes
Easy to root and XDA ROM support is solid. The camera becomes much improved with the modified Google Camera APKs from Pixel. With strong loonie, this is a good deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
2284 posts
165 upvotes
How much is it to ship to Canada? And final cost in CAD?
ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝɥʇ sı ɯnıpǝɯ ǝɥʇ
◉◉◉◉◉ITEMS I FS/WTB/SOLD/TRADED/BOUGHT◉◉◉◉◉
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=332203
Dec 10, 2012
93 posts
16 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hey there I myself is also a LeEco user and suffer the same notification issue. How did you solve it?
May 16, 2017
12 posts
Seems like a solid phone
Can someone tell me if it will work with Freedom mobile please
Thanks
May 30, 2017
130 posts
30 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
I don't know if I'd spend nearly $300 CAD on an LeEco phone. I mean, the Pro 3 Elite from Banggood was $134 USD with coupon (now 164 USD with coupon + even lower with TopCashBack), and it's got the 820. That's a steal. At this price? Not so much, especially considering that the company's gone bankrupt and has stopped supporting its phones. Also, you have to root it to get updates because it's still stuck on MM. If you absolutely need a flagship phone right at this moment, I guess it's an okay deal. But you're better off waiting until Black Friday.
Last edited by cellnerd on Sep 27th, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 1, 2007
151 posts
45 upvotes
GTA
Got the cheaper LeEco for $140, and after two weeks it just stopped charging. Tons of reviews describing the same issue. Not a quality company, but you may luck out.
May 30, 2017
130 posts
30 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
kozm wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 11:02 am
Got the cheaper LeEco for $140, and after two weeks it just stopped charging. Tons of reviews describing the same issue. Not a quality company, but you may luck out.
Where'd you buy it from?
Mar 1, 2007
151 posts
45 upvotes
GTA
140 USD, got it from Amazon.com.
May 30, 2017
130 posts
30 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
kozm wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 5:51 pm
140 USD, got it from Amazon.com.
Really? Mind sharing the listing? I checked the Amazon listing + camel camel camel for price history but the phone has always been $199 at its lowest. Also sold by a third-party. The Le S3 with the Snapdragon 652 is $138 USD, though.
Jun 17, 2003
508 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
cellnerd wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 10:59 am
the Pro 3 Elite from Banggood was $134 USD with coupon (now 164 USD with coupon + even lower with TopCashBack)
One thing to note is that LePro 3 in this thread is compatible with Freedom/Wind, the other (Banggood) is not (also I believe this one is snapdragon 821 vs the other is 820).