Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2011
961 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon] Amazon.com - Netgear PUSH2TV Wireless Display $29.99 After MIR

Well rated Netgear WiDi unit that is pretty heavily discounted on Amazon.com at the moment. Retails for $145.00. Pretty good deal at $49.99 and then $20.00 MIR! Also eligible for free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-PUSH2TV-P ... ay+adapter

More and more laptops are coming equipped with Intel WiDi technology, this is a great wires free option and improved over it's first iteration!
11 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37988 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
this is in Ontario FYI.

However this is a newer model for $59.99 ($10 more than the $49.99 before the rebate): http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-PTV3000-1 ... b_title_ce

Thanked OP nevertheless.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Aug 18, 2008
2314 posts
370 upvotes
Ottawa
Scroll down a bit, and you'll see this.

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

Good for those with US address or want to get the package redirected.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2011
961 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Definitely better deal for those with US address, tough to find shy of $100 territory in Canadian retail stores..
Aug 26, 2008
512 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
anyone know if it's possible / where I can find an hdmi to widi/miracast transmitter? I want to push my pc's video without using any special drivers.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14312 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
davidm wrote:
May 12th, 2013 8:58 am
anyone know if it's possible / where I can find an hdmi to widi/miracast transmitter? I want to push my pc's video without using any special drivers.
You need a compatible Intel processor for this to work. Maybe a product like that will exist someday but for now you'll have to use wireless HDMI.
Aug 26, 2008
512 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
wilsonlam97 wrote:
May 12th, 2013 9:38 am
You need a compatible Intel processor for this to work. Maybe a product like that will exist someday but for now you'll have to use wireless HDMI.
You're half correct. You current need a compatible Intel process, and to be using MS Windows. I use Linux. While Intel's support for Linux is generally good, WiDi is unsupported.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14312 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
davidm wrote:
May 12th, 2013 9:57 am
You're half correct. You current need a compatible Intel process, and to be using MS Windows. I use Linux. While Intel's support for Linux is quite good, WiDi is unsupported.
My bad.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
This is a good deal I believe.
Just to add I have the latest model 3000 and I love it with my HP Pavilion dv6. I paid $60 Dell Canada. It is very small. I got it going very quickly. I don't recall updating the s/w. Distance to my Panny 42" about 16 ft.
For those who want some tips for the 3000. Perhaps they might work for the 2000
http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-PTV3000-1 ... 7HE0AK4KR4
:twisted:
Nov 11, 2009
248 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton
davidm wrote:
May 12th, 2013 9:57 am
You're half correct. You current need a compatible Intel process, and to be using MS Windows. I use Linux. While Intel's support for Linux is generally good, WiDi is unsupported.
Not necessarily. Miracast is supported by the WiFi alliance and Intel isn't necessary for it (look at the Android devices). From a technical standpoint, all you need is the 5GHz antenna.

Edit: go buy a miracast dongle or streamer . Many exist on the market, iirc.
Aug 26, 2008
512 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
SRG01 wrote:
May 12th, 2013 11:23 am
Not necessarily. Miracast is supported by the WiFi alliance and Intel isn't necessary for it (look at the Android devices). From a technical standpoint, all you need is the 5GHz antenna.

Edit: go buy a miracast dongle or streamer . Many exist on the market, iirc.
Right you are about Miracast, past Intel's WiDi.

What I want to do is duplicate my projector's screen to a monitor, for that I need the HDMI to be duplicated, not a USB display adaptor, which is why I said "hdmi to widi/miracast." I haven't been able to find such a thing. Kind of ironic considering many of the Miracast dongles and Android are based on Linux. (= There are "WHDMI" devices but they won't be as useful in the long run and I don't want a more expensive, bulkier short term fix.
× < >