Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor $99.99 USD + $21.08 USD Import fees to ON

[OP]
Jun 1, 2006
780 posts
214 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor $99.99 USD + $21.08 USD Import fees to ON

I suppose it's getting pretty old, released in 2014 (2013 2nd generation model ES-LV65-S - not 2016 model) but it seems to be a very well tried-and-tested design.

Anyway, I've been waiting for it to drop to $100 ever since seeing this thread which uncannily was posted precisely one year ago today. The Movember Effect?
Also signed up at ebates.com (.ca won't work according to old posts) to get 3% back. Unfortunately the exchange rate is up 4% since last year.
Hope I don't regret using my Stack card to save on FX fees by losing out on insurance, etc. But I've never used it before and not really sure if it applies to foreign purchases.

Sorry everyone, I thought Ebates.com was offering 3% CB for men's grooming at Amazon but apparently it's only for "luxury" men's grooming and this doesn't count unfortunately :( But if you aren't already a member then you will still get $10 USD for registering.
Last edited by j6n on Nov 11th, 2018 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
63 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2664 posts
375 upvotes
Actually, it's the 2016 model. I bought one from last year's thread (and inexplicably was even refunded the duty charges a month later?).
Excellent shaver - the change head / blade indicator just came on 1 week back, but I just reset it by holding the power button down for 30 secs as it still works great for me!

Highly recommended (coming from a Braun Series 7)

So odd that someone else downvoted the thread ... based on what?
j6n wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:48 am
I suppose it's getting pretty old, released in 2014 but it seems to be a very well tried-and-tested design.

Anyway, I've been waiting for it to drop to $100 ever since seeing this thread which uncannily was posted precisely one year ago today. The Movember Effect?
Also signed up at ebates.com (.ca won't work according to old posts) to get 3% back. Unfortunately the exchange rate is up 4% since last year.
Hope I don't regret using my Stack card to save on FX fees by losing out on insurance, etc. But I've never used it before and not really sure if it applies to foreign purchases.
Jul 5, 2004
893 posts
178 upvotes
I have had this shaver for the last year and like every Panny it's great and beats a 200$-300$ Braun any day of the week (have had both).
Last edited by klown on Nov 11th, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 4, 2013
123 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
+1 to OP.
-$121 to wallet.

Item(s) Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.60
Total before tax: $107.60
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $13.39
Grand Total: $121
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2869 posts
1257 upvotes
Canada
Why is he using shaving cream with this in the pictures?!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2631 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
Item(s) Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $7.68
Total before tax: $107.67
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $5.00
Grand Total: $112.67

I have been looking for an upgrade to my really old electric shaver, thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2664 posts
375 upvotes
It's a wet or dry shaver. Using shaving cream will usually give a closer shave and may irritate your skin less for those who have trouble with electric shavers.
grantz wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:45 am
Why is he using shaving cream with this in the pictures?!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5224 posts
861 upvotes
i have this razor and dont like it at all

i find the head way too big and it needs to go over and over some spots to make it clean

my braun is better in every which way.
Jan 4, 2005
26 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP, been debating between this and a Braun.. great deal, pulled the trigger!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3939 posts
90 upvotes
Bought this one last time it was this price and it's good enough but not great. I still need to do some razor cleanup on my neck area, regardless of the length of the hair. I really do wonder if there is an electric out there that would do a good job for me...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2664 posts
375 upvotes
Even with it set to the fixed/locked mode (that works for me) as a dry shaver? Wet with shaving cream would be messier it might also help.
nsd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:56 pm
Bought this one last time it was this price and it's good enough but not great. I still need to do some razor cleanup on my neck area, regardless of the length of the hair. I really do wonder if there is an electric out there that would do a good job for me...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3939 posts
90 upvotes
mangoman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 3:19 pm
Even with it set to the fixed/locked mode (that works for me) as a dry shaver? Wet with shaving cream would be messier it might also help.
I forgot to mention, I almost strictly wet shave with euro style foam. Dry shaving absolutely wrecks me.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2006
780 posts
214 upvotes
Mississauga
Well I can only cross my fingers and hope the shaver agrees with my face. I am concerned about how big the head looks. But I have been very happy with all of my Panasonic purchases so I hope the streak continues.
My only gripe atm with such an expensive shaver is, I wish they worked on AA rechargeables.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6208 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
This looks like a shaver that the hulk would use to shave, it looks comically large.

How long does the foil/blades last for?
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.