21 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon] Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor $99.99 USD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JW ... UTF8&psc=1

Lowest historical price according to camel

Currently priced $307.92 CAD on Amazon.ca

Price: $99.99 + $19.66 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada = $119.65 USD
Last edited by hee jae shin on Nov 8th, 2017 9:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
57 replies
Mar 26, 2004
17 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Panasonic make fantastic razors. The best I've ever used and I've tried every brand. Tempted to jump on this but I've just gotten new blades for my old ES8049 which is still as good as new after several years. Awesome deal, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2421 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
Confirmed, as far as electric razors go Panasonic is the best.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1774 posts
178 upvotes
I used similar system ( Non brand cheaper one) and had a terrible experience. I shave ocassionally ( at most once a week) and don't like the entire experience of foaming and then suffering the burns through after shave. Would this provide a better experience ?
Dec 23, 2012
139 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The link is broken, can't find the item.
[OP]
May 7, 2007
21 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
ahato wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:54 am
I used similar system ( Non brand cheaper one) and had a terrible experience. I shave ocassionally ( at most once a week) and don't like the entire experience of foaming and then suffering the burns through after shave. Would this provide a better experience ?
This is the best electric razor
You won’t regret
highly recommended
Nov 7, 2017
1 posts
Ajax
kgkuan wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:56 am
The link is broken, can't find the item.
Link worked for me just fine.
Thanks for the hook up hee jae shin!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1133 posts
97 upvotes
Replacement blades are half as much as the razor.
Checked the canadian amazon site and they cost over $109 for them while the american site says $56. Ripping off canadians again amazon? :facepalm:

Check to see how long the blades last you.
Don't really know for these foil razor as the trihead ones from phillips/norelco last for several years.

I remember foil razors they eventually break and makes them useless cause it's like shaving with a cheese grater and you will cut up your face.

Just a forewarning.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1093 posts
940 upvotes
TORONTO
Surprised at all the raves and love for Panasonic as GOAT.

I was on the market for an electric razor for my dad, and almost all of the independent review and aggregate sites - that I've visited so far - seem to back German engineering and Braun (specifically series 7 and 9 - the ones with hundreds and thousands of Amazon reviews.)

This does look like a good deal for a Wet / Dry razor, however. I might pull the trigger and gift to my uncle who can then compare with my dad's Braun offering.
Sep 27, 2016
89 posts
45 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Fantastic find, OP! I have had one of these on my wishlist for ages, but it was WAY out of reach for me. Still $399.00 + HST CDN at Costco, for example. Ordered one - thanks!
A Little Dab'll Do Ya!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4445 posts
2095 upvotes
Vancouver
stellar deal. i had this on camel camel camel for months and got the alert this morning and bought it Asap. this is the lowest price it has ever been dont think just buy
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1133 posts
97 upvotes
Had something like this one with a swivel head along time ago:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKKBTC/re ... rd_w=YgMmU

I absolutely hated it after using the trihead ones that I mentioned in my earlier post.
The cut hairs would get stuck under the place when it swiveled. It got very annoying as it all collected under there on both sides of the razor and was like unclogging a sewer of what collected under it.
Atleast this model doesn't have that design.
So that is a plus that is going to this one. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

But that was my first experience with a Panasonic razor and unfortunately the last one since I was tramatized that week I had with that razor and sworn I would never purchase another razor other than a phillips norelco ever again.
Even tried a mega expensive Braun with their cleaning base that looked like a hot tub for the razor and was electronic telling you when it was cleaned. Couldn't get use to that one either.
So once you go norelco you never go back.Winking Face

Sorry to say those who want to give this a try.Confused Face
So this is just my experience and you must have your own and make up your own decisions in life.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Your friendly neighbourhood shaving critic.
Last edited by TheRock2012 on Nov 8th, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1301 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Are returns easy back to Amazon.com?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4445 posts
2095 upvotes
Vancouver
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:10 am
Had something like this one with a swivel head along time ago:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKKBTC/re ... rd_w=YgMmU

I absolutely hated it after using the trihead ones that I mentioned in my earlier post.
The cut hairs would get stuck under the place when it swiveled. It got very annoying as it all collected under there on both sides of the razor and was like unclogging a sewer of what collected under it.
Atleast this model doesn't have that design.
So that is a plus that is going to this one. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

But that was my first experience with a Panasonic razor and unfortunately the last one since I was tramatized that week I had with that razor and sworn I would never purchase another razor other than a phillips norelco ever again.
Even tried a mega expensive Braun with their cleaning base that looked like a hot tub for the razor and was electronic telling you when it was cleaned. Couldn't get use to that one either.
So once you go norelco you never go back.Winking Face

Sorry to say those who want to give this a try.Confused Face
So this is just my experience and you must have your own and make up your own decisions in life.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Your friendly neighbourhood shaving critic.
this arc5 is notoriously easy to clean. one of the benefits.